Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Celtic vs. Ac Milan.

Hey guys. Just saw the match myself.

What did everybody think of the match?

Personally I liked the winning strike from the australian celtic player(forgot his name).

If you've seen it please post what you thought of it.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

I think his name was MacDonald.
I didn't see the match (I was watching the Madrid Lazio match and I fell asleep around 67' cuz it was so boring watching Real Madrid play), but when I looked at the scoreline I was like "woah" cuz I thought Milan would win.

Yeah me too. His name was mcdonald. thats it i remember now. U have Foxtel don't you? otherwise how could you watch both? Either that or you have cable.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

ya scott McDonald.

obviously, as a celt, i was exteremely impressed with this victory. unlike last years win against utd in teh groups, celtic were much more on the attack in this game. and despite what is in my biased opinion a bad call for the milan goal(which was a penalty) celtic were not satsified with holding them to just a draw, not at home at least. again showing why parkhead is an absolute fortress especially in europe.

mon the bhoys
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

ahh what a win for celtic. when the groups were announced, i said watch out for this game, could be a possible upset. look for celtic to go far in this years competition.

Yes i was not very happy, i had Milan winning 3-1 on Golaco :x :cry:
sig by 2brown347

haha you should no better than that especially when celtic are at home. hoping they dont close the doors for what that fucker did by running on the field
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

the fake fall by Dida was the worst fake ever.

He does that so that Celtic have a possibility of their three points deducted. But UEFA are investigating the severity of the contact and maybe worse case scenario is to play behind closed doors.

I have no love for Celtic (far from it) and this whole incident isn't good. There are 2 issues here; the behaviour of supporters and the reaction of Dida.

1. This retard who ran on the pitch and tickled Dida turned himself in (presumably under some sort of threat if he didn't) and has quite rightly been banned for life by Celtic for all their home and away games (1 less on the season ticket waiting list). The police will also be involved and he has been charged with breach of the peace. I'm not sure about Scotland but in England he would also receive a banning order.

UEFA have charged Celtic with failing to control their fans. It was just this twat who ran on the pitch, if you look at the footage near the players celebrating, an advertising board also collapses. I'm not sure why fans could get so close. At Man U, for example, in CL games, they didn't used to sell the first couple of rows of seats.

As much as I'd find it hilarious to see Celtic thrown out, that won't happen. They will be fined a pathetic amount which is normally what happens. They've got a good record (according to UEFA) so that will be that.

2. And now Dida - what a complete f**king embarrassment to himself, the sport, his club and his family. Can you imagine the stick his kids would get at school the next day? The guy is 6' 5" (1.95m) and falls over and then to make things worse, gets stretchered off !!! The shot he dropped which lead to the winner would have hurt more. Still, what else would you expect from someone who falsefied papers to help get a Portugese passport in order to get round rules for non-EU players.

UEFA should throw the book at him. I started watching football in the 80s when proper hardmen were about - Terry Butcher, Stuart Pearce, Remi Moses, Paul Mariner...the list goes on. The only player in recent years who could compare to them is Roy Keane.

Dida, Drogba, Lehmann etc are a lot of the reason I have such contempt for the modern football. They earn far too much money and are idolised by people who don't know any better. I don't blame modern supporters for that as they have been enticed by an incredibly powerful marketing machine.

But that is the modern game for you. A sanitised business which has forgetten its roots and the fact that it is a sport. Bring back the maximum wage, open terraces and muddy pitches.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....