Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Liverpool FC vs. Besiktas JK

no its the whole champions leasgue. It fact it hasnt been called the champions league for that long.

I actually didn't want to watch the game cos had loadsa study to catch up..but thought that not watchin and supportin wud be like betraying a friend, so neway, watched untill 4-0 then left. Heard t'was pretty good and Babel's backheel was like Barnes's vs Crewe..Twas satisfying yeah but dun think it's worth the hulubaloo..We broke the record for cl sure, but not in history.

Also, it still doesn't rectify the problems we have. Loadsa player's ability are not Liverpool standard. i.e. Kuyt, Hypia, Risse, Pennant.. plus we don't have, sorry haven't had a decent winger since Barnes and El Macca(Kewell has lost his speed and acceleration, and he spends more time with the physios then a gal wit her makeup).

No real attacking players, the ones we have either get rotated more times then a girl's shoes, or get played out of position, i.e. Babel(Feel sorry for this guy btw, Benitez's hindering his growth. Pains me to say this but currently Arsenal wud hav been a better choice for him). Liverpool currently: No attacking style, no pass and move, no first eleven, no teamwork.

All in all, best long term solution would prob be to sack Benitez.

You're right. Sack the best manager we've had in the last decade, to find one who's better than him. Sack the manager that brought us the Champions League trophy to Anfield. Sack the manager that brought us to a Champions League final last season. Sack the manager that has kept us in the title race this season. Very sensible thing to do.

No, KPatel. Those are reasons you shouldn't sack the manager. :wink:

KPatel wrote:
You're right. Sack the best manager we've had in the last decade, to find one who's better than him. Sack the manager that brought us the Champions League trophy to Anfield. Sack the manager that brought us to a Champions League final last season. Sack the manager that has kept us in the title race this season. Very sensible thing to do.

Evans was and is better than Benitez. Liverpool's attack and football that time was pretty good. Some players he wanted to buy included Desailly, Sheringham, Thuram, Dion Dublin, Jaap Stam(b4 he went to Man U). It was just the board din support him with the money.If he had got the money or the time that Houllier or even Benitez had...

Bout the Champions league..The reason Liverpool are real good in it is also the reason Liverpool can't perform in the league.

Unlike Arsenal, Liverpool currently are a team of grafters, with real strong characters. Team with most character in the world. This enables them to win individual matches. Not a league.

Also, Benitez studies the opposing team always and plays to their weaknesses..This allows Liv players to stand out in individual matches(Arbeloa vs Messi), but in the long run, you should just send out your best team and let them play football. Benitez's style just limits our attacking players and our attack..In the 70's, it used to be "Toshack-Keegan-goal" from the commentary..now?? No teamwork, no consistensy..

Rotation. A little, is good, but he is just rotating too much..This ruins the players form, motivation, and the team's understanding..Ask any user on here how they would feel if they had a superb game, and the next game was dropped..Or their teamates kept changing, resulting in no understanding and no teamwork..Jz like some ex players under Benitez hav said:"If you noe you're gonna get dropped even if you play your best, why the trouble?"

Btw, It's Carra tht has kept us in the title race, not Benitez.. :wink: Tho' we won't win the title unless Benitez goes...

Wanderer wrote:
KPatel wrote:

Evans was and is better than Benitez. Liverpool's attack and football that time was pretty good. Some players he wanted to buy included Desailly, Sheringham, Thuram, Dion Dublin, Jaap Stam(b4 he went to Man U). It was just the board din support him with the money.If he had got the money or the time that Houllier or even Benitez had...

Bout the Champions league..The reason Liverpool are real good in it is also the reason Liverpool can't perform in the league.

Unlike Arsenal, Liverpool currently are a team of grafters, with real strong characters. Team with most character in the world. This enables them to win individual matches. Not a league.

Also, Benitez studies the opposing team always and plays to their weaknesses..This allows Liv players to stand out in individual matches(Arbeloa vs Messi), but in the long run, you should just send out your best team and let them play football. Benitez's style just limits our attacking players and our attack..In the 70's, it used to be "Toshack-Keegan-goal" from the commentary..now?? No teamwork, no consistensy..

Rotation. A little, is good, but he is just rotating too much..This ruins the players form, motivation, and the team's understanding..Ask any user on here how they would feel if they had a superb game, and the next game was dropped..Or their teamates kept changing, resulting in no understanding and no teamwork..Jz like some ex players under Benitez hav said:"If you noe you're gonna get dropped even if you play your best, why the trouble?"

Btw, It's Carra tht has kept us in the title race, not Benitez.. :wink: Tho' we won't win the title unless Benitez goes...

I agree completely.

Rotation is completely gay and any manager who thinks playing Gerrard wide right or believes Crouch is world class shouldn't be in charge of a team with the potential of Liverpool.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Wanderer wrote:
KPatel wrote:

Says a fan with so much love for his club: I agree thoguh benitez should be SACKED. I mean hes pachetic, all he has done is won a european cup in his first season (with his rotations) guided liverpool to the f.a cup the season after (with his rotations) and the last year guided liverpool to the champions league final again (with his rotations) and liverpool are still unbeaten in the premiership this season.

So yeh the rotations he does are shite. No offense but you really dont sound like a faithful fan. Ok a few draws and a surprise lose and you calling for the sack.

Do this then. Name a "world class" manager that would come to Liverpool and bring the title to Anfield.

I don't think any manager can win the title with Liverpool, simply because they are a side with players that just aren't good enough, plain and simple. They have so little flair or technical presence in their game on most occasions, and you just need that to be a title-winning side. Liverpool's hard work and passion can get you a good run of ten wins or so, but you need more quality to be able to keep it up over the entire season. This means that they will be able to put together a good cup run, but they can't last the whole season with consistantly good results.

God damn brewery!!!

I'd say that Rafa's coaching, while great for winning cups and for playing in that kind of game is pretty weak when it comes to playing in a league, he just tends to over do it, I remember earlier in the season (I think it was a game against Chelsea) he fielded a weak side because he was resting some of his better players for the next match (against wigan or some other low profile club) whivh to me came across as a bit silly.

I disagree with mpcarres14 though, I think Liverpoold have just enough flair for the EPL which is a league in which it's a bit more important to be able to handle the bumps than it is to be able to do fancy play. Liverpool have a lot of technical skill in Alonso, Gerrard, Mascherano and Babel, and while Crouch should be playing basketball instead of soccer, you have to admit that he tends to poach goals in amounts you wouldn't expect.
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

Rotation and Benitez's style got us the European Cup...but it won't bring us the league..

Edit:

Twas cos Benitez's rotation and Benitez's style tht we won the ECL. For example, the first leg Juventus at Anfield, he observed that Juventus like to play a slow tempo slowly building it up game, so he sent our players out flying, and when Juventus recovered, they were 2-0 down di...In the return leg, he forced them to play down the wings, cos he knew Carra and Hypia cud deal wit the airballs easily...In Istanbul, halftime, he let Hamannan mark Kaka, which oso helped release Gerrard,and won us our 5th...He played Pellegrino in the league, which enabled Hypia to be fresh for the cl, and drop points in the league...

These are the trade marks of Benitez, and why we won't win the league under him...He is a good tactician, one of the best, but he always plays according to the opposition, resulting in the team not having a rhythm(teamwork)..He always rotates, damaging player morale, player understanding, and teamwork...Also, he likes to control players too much(cos tactician), resulting in players not having the freedom to "just go out and do their stuff"..Btw, rmb what Babel said bout being worked to death on the defensive side of his game, but not working on the attacking side?

As for future manager, well, tht's up to Hicks and Gillett

While I fully appreciate that Benitez was in charge when Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005, I find it difficult to believe being 3-0 down at half time and winning it on a lottery of penalties was his Plan A.

Its very similar to what the Ginger Sven did with Middlesboro when they got to the UEFA Cup Final. In the quarter and semi finals, they were 3 goals down so you stick on 4 forwards - great to watch if it pays off but hardly the signs of a tactical genius.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....