Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Adidas Teamgiest 2

I was wondering what Anderson was using in the PowerSwerve commercial, well here it is...

Info from footyboots:

Adidas Teamgeist 2 : FIFA Club World Cup Official Matchball
Football boot brand Adidas has launched the Adidas Teamgeist 2 matchball, an updated model of the Adidas Teamgeist, originally used at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
The Adidas Teamgeist 2 debuts at the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, running from December 7 to December 16, before officially launching in 2008. Formerly known as the FIFA World Club Championships, the competition attracts the continental champion club sides from around the globe and this year includes the likes of Champions League winners AC Milan and Copa Libertadores champions Boca Juniors.

The new 2008 Teamgeist comes in a white/red/black colour way to mirror that of the Adidas Predator football boot. The Teamgeist range of footballs are characterised by a 14-panel configuration reducing the amount of three-panel touch points by 60% and the total length of the panel lines by over 15%, forming a smooth and perfectly round exterior allowing players significant improvements in accuracy and control. The perfectly round, smooth surface react reliably and consistently when kicked. The name ‘Teamgeist’ is based on the single most decisive characteristic every team needs to have: team spirit.
The Adidas Teamgeist 2, features a new intelligent technology designed to assist the referee’s decision in determining when and if the ball has crossed the goal line, making it the most accurate football ever produced. The intelligent technology implemented in the Teamgeist 2 uses a magnetic field to provide real-time feedback to a central computer, which tracks the location of the ball on the field and sends the data directly to the referee. The trialling of the technology during the FIFA Club World Cup will allow Adidas to continue to refine the system until it is 100% accurate.

The wierd inside is the Goal Line Technology
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Looks cool. Hopefully someone can put that ball to good use.......Beckham?

And just a question, is that ball chopped in half?
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

looks like it, just to show the inside
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Weird! But it looks mad! So much swerve, so little time......
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

this ball will end all the discussion if it corssed the goal line or no, if the ball got in, and got out somehow, and cameras didn't saw they will know. and it will help referees from doing mistakes, so GO ADIDAS.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

The ball looks like it was made out of hard plastic in that picture :shock: . I'm also guessing that Adidas will be releasing this ball without the extra technology to buy? I hope this goal-line technology will not affect the flight of the ball, because if it does, I don't think knowing whether a goal is official or not will really matter. But overall the design of the ball looks much better than the original Teamgeist. I may even consider getting one :) , and I never buy Adidas balls.
Also: Here's the MLS version:
And the MLS Finals version:

Is it just me or does it look like adidas combined the F50 styling with the Teamgiest styling for the Teamgiest2? especially the MLS version. Anyway, really good looking.

Hey, that looks really cool.
The inside of the ball looks interesting as well! :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Quote:
I hope this goal-line technology will not affect the flight of the ball, because if it does, I don't think knowing whether a goal is official or not will really matter.
looks like they tried to mount it in a way where it wudnt rattle around i think the only thing that SHOULD change is the weight of the ball but obviously the technology is not perfect which is why they are using the club world cup to help trial it.

unknown wrote:
Quote:
I hope this goal-line technology will not affect the flight of the ball, because if it does, I don't think knowing whether a goal is official or not will really matter.
looks like they tried to mount it in a way where it wudnt rattle around i think the only thing that SHOULD change is the weight of the ball but obviously the technology is not perfect which is why they are using the club world cup to help trial it.

Or that the Club World Cup is the only big even going on right now...

old thread but this is the j-league ball for 08/9

http://www.soccerpulse.com/forum/index. ... t&id=23736
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

i got to play with the new MLS Teamgiest 2 with a guy from KC Wizards. The phot you see in that picture is a proto type since there is no bladder in it. i think it would be hard to keep the ball inflated and in its orignial shape since the goal line technology would have to be in the bladder. Still it would be cool if it did work at it has been talked about for almost 2-3 years.