Arsenal 2-0 AC Milan

UEFA Champions League

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
barcahooligan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1162
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 14:58

Postby barcahooligan » 05 Mar 2008, 23:45

Whoa!!! Roma just beat Madrid 2-1 at home, so they will be goin through 4-2 on agg. I guess Pepe got chucked after 2 yellows, but scoring came all in the last 30 minutes with Rodrigo getting one in the 73, then Raul got one 2 mintues later. But Vucinci got the final one in the 90th to seal it in...
Image
sig by 2brown347

User avatar
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 3018
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA
Contact:

Postby Croatianblood1 » 06 Mar 2008, 00:07

barcahooligan wrote:Whoa!!! Roma just beat Madrid 2-1 at home, so they will be goin through 4-2 on agg. I guess Pepe got chucked after 2 yellows, but scoring came all in the last 30 minutes with Rodrigo getting one in the 73, then Raul got one 2 mintues later. But Vucinci got the final one in the 90th to seal it in...


Yeah I basically shat myself when I saw the result of this match. Madrid hasn't been playing well recently. To lose at home in the Bernabeau is embarassing. Roma deserved the win.
Image

User avatar
TH14
Veteran Member
Posts: 617
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 22:09

Postby TH14 » 06 Mar 2008, 03:39

Well they were missing Sergio Ramos, Arjen Robben, Ruud, and Wesley Sneijder so that's a tough loss for Madrid...
Image
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3391
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Postby 2brown347 » 06 Mar 2008, 03:57

I haven't been following the champions league much so is madrid going thru or is Roma, because it's 4-2 agg.

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4596
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Postby Davidson9 » 06 Mar 2008, 04:14

2brown347 wrote:I haven't been following the champions league much so is madrid going thru or is Roma, because it's 4-2 agg.


as it pains me to say, Roma is through


DAMMIT PEPE

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2585
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Postby shahensha » 06 Mar 2008, 17:23

Roma played dirty though. I guess it was mainly strategic. I saw some premeditated dives from totti in order to settle the team down whenever Roma was being overly pressured.

Madrid were hungry for the win from the get go and pressured like bloodthirsty hounds. Pepe's sending off effected them immediately but they fought back and equalized in two minutes. The fans were in full support until the last goal. Thats when everything went dead silent, well except for the roma section of the stadium.

It was a frustrating game for the madridistas. Raul and the fans showed it the most. Roma had skill but they played flithy.
Image

User avatar
ForzaMilan
Veteran Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 22 May 2007, 01:25

Postby ForzaMilan » 06 Mar 2008, 21:22

shahensha wrote:Roma played dirty though. I guess it was mainly strategic. I saw some premeditated dives from totti in order to settle the team down whenever Roma was being overly pressured.

Madrid were hungry for the win from the get go and pressured like bloodthirsty hounds. Pepe's sending off effected them immediately but they fought back and equalized in two minutes. The fans were in full support until the last goal. Thats when everything went dead silent, well except for the roma section of the stadium.

It was a frustrating game for the madridistas. Raul and the fans showed it the most. Roma had skill but they played flithy.


As a wise man once said..."Nice guys always finish last..."
Image

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Postby ScottyBoy » 06 Mar 2008, 21:26

to be honest ive not really fancied madrid in europe for a number of years
they just dont seem like creating enough chances in europe and dont look like their playing with cofidence

User avatar
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 3018
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA
Contact:

Postby Croatianblood1 » 06 Mar 2008, 22:06

Madrid just hasn't been playing that well. I think the defense is a problem, not just the attackers not creating enough chances. They can't always expect Casillas to make amazing saves all the time. Pepe got sent off and it was all downhill from there for Madrid. Casillas had absolutely no chance of saving that first goal, it was perfectly placed with power.
Image

jackpunk3
New User
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Feb 2008, 01:45

Postby jackpunk3 » 12 Mar 2008, 23:27

Glad to see the boys went through but, it would be interesting to play another english side in the tournament


Return to “Champs League”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests