Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Jets vs Mariners

Danny still has his 9 month ban from the A-league from that Grandfinal incident, but he's now been allowed to play with the Olyroos at the olympics so good luck to him.

On a completely different note, did anyone watch Totalfootball the otherday and hear the news about how Mark Milligan might be moving from Sydney to get a contract with Arsenal?

(i know this topics dead, but this is breaking news)
Sig by me

Im not a fan of milligan. He can run and can score the occasional header, but sydney have much better players, im glad he is gone. It will be funny to see him waste away on the bench at arsenal, not like he would ever get there.

Had2bHarry wrote:
Danny still has his 9 month ban from the A-league from that Grandfinal incident, but he's now been allowed to play with the Olyroos at the olympics so good luck to him.

He should have been punished longer, I mean come on he fucking hit the referee!

I would have been fine if it was Graham Poll, but come on, no one should get that angry for an unpunished hand-ball, hes an idiot.
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

I would'nt exactly call it a hit, more like a violent high 5. There have been many worse cases, most notably the Joel Griffiths incident (i dont know if you saw that Davidson) that have gotten away with lesser penalties. I'm glad he's allowed to play at the Olympics and I signed the Save Danny petition the other day.

You also have to look at it in the perspective of the Mariners. If you were one down in the most important match of the season in the dying seconds, you have the chance the level, and a clear penalty kick isnt rewarded, then of course your going to complain.

Mark Milligan didnt have the best season. But his performance last year at the Asian cup was excellent, he is the captain of the Olyroos, I would'nt be surprised if he was labelled the next Lucas Neill.

There are apparently alot of clubs interested in him, which is why he missed the Olyroos training camp. Im looking forward to his explanation tommorow.

It would be amazing news for the future of Aussie football if he got a contract at Arsenal. He apparently impressed Arsene Wenger at a secret trial.

You might say that he will get signed and then rot on the bench, but Flamini might be departing, and Wenger is a genius, theres so many no names in the Arsenal squad who Wenger has turned into Gunners, why not Mark Milligan?
Sig by me

Had2bHarry wrote:
I would'nt exactly call it a hit, more like a violent high 5.

Even so, after the "hit" he ran away like a little bitch.
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Davidson9 wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote:
I would'nt exactly call it a hit, more like a violent high 5.

Even so, after the "hit" he ran away like a little bitch.

I still dont think he deserved a nine month suspension without a hearing.

We were talking about the Joel Griffiths incident on the previous page, which was much worse than this, but the penalty was nowhere near as harsh, in fact he didnt even get sent off.
Sig by me

Quote:
Mark Milligan didnt have the best season. But his performance last year at the Asian cup was excellent, he is the captain of the Olyroos, I would'nt be surprised if he was labelled the next Lucas Neill.

haha i wouldnt want to be labelled next lucas neil. His recklessness cost us our world cup campaign, he fails at west ham, overpaid. Did you see him yesterday? his poor defending let ronaldo run right across and score the first, and his deflection for carricks goal. I must say he is better than milligan and i have more respect for him, but i dont like him compared to other socceroos. The united game portrayed him perfectly. He doesnt defend very well and he went down like a bitch when nani hardly touched him (most players would have done the same, but this proves he is no better than grosso with antics like this, except grosso is a good player). Also i didnt like what he did at the Asian Cup, all that carrying on and complaining. He never deserved to be captain, there are many better players.

truesocceroo wrote:
Quote:

haha i wouldnt want to be labelled next lucas neil. His recklessness cost us our world cup campaign, he fails at west ham, overpaid. Did you see him yesterday? his poor defending let ronaldo run right across and score the first, and his deflection for carricks goal. I must say he is better than milligan and i have more respect for him, but i dont like him compared to other socceroos. The united game portrayed him perfectly. He doesnt defend very well and he went down like a bitch when nani hardly touched him (most players would have done the same, but this proves he is no better than grosso with antics like this, except grosso is a good player). Also i didnt like what he did at the Asian Cup, all that carrying on and complaining. He never deserved to be captain, there are many better players.

Neill was woeful yesterday, he's an emotional bitch. Better players? Jason Naidovski, James Hoffman, Joel Griffiths or James Holland of course. 4 J's for the Jets, never minding the fact that none of them are defenders in the slightest. :P

No one cares about crap Australian football!!!

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Yeah he didnt really have a great game the other day, he was probably my favourite player on the park. I felt sorry when Ronaldo made him slip up.
I'd like to see Adrian Leijer get a new club, hes a quality defender but I think he might've stepped up a step too high when he went to Fulham.
Sig by me

messi19 wrote:
No one cares about crap Australian football!!!
Nope, not at all. Hence the topics based on Australian football. You're a silly duffah, mate. :wink:

I have Mark Milligan updates: It seems that now Mathieu Flaminis departed for Milan, Milligan may be signed to replace him. He's expected to make an explanation today, I hope it comes on FSN, if it does, I'll keep you updated. It also seems that if he doesnt provide a reasonable explanation for missing the Olyroos camp he will be dropped.
Sig by me

Had2bHarry wrote:
I have Mark Milligan updates: It seems that now Mathieu Flaminis departed for Milan, Milligan may be signed to replace him. He's expected to make an explanation today, I hope it comes on FSN, if it does, I'll keep you updated. It also seems that if he doesnt provide a reasonable explanation for missing the Olyroos camp he will be dropped.

If Milligan's up to the quality of replacing a first XI Arsenal player, I'd be squealing to myself in excitement at seeing another Aussie player in the EPL (Carle next year in the EPL too I hope!!). Last time I saw Milligan play he scored an O.G. for Melbourne Victory in Sydney I think, hopefully he's improved since then. I don't see him measuring up the quality of the EPL just yet but if he's improved since Jan or so, I'm all for him being a gooner!!

Alexio1092 are you friggin serious hoffman is fucking hopeless believe me i played with and against him it only because he's one of mark jones playboys that he's with the jets there are many players better than hoffman just in newcastle let alone australia.
it pisses me off when i see hoffman playing for the jets

Quote:
Alexio1092 are you friggin serious hoffman is fucking hopeless believe me i played with and against him it only because he's one of mark jones playboys that he's with the jets there are many players better than hoffman just in newcastle let alone australia.
it pisses me off when i see hoffman playing for the jets

Wtf?

Anyway, Milligans banned from playing in the pre season matches, they didnt reveal much on FSN, I was hoping for some footage of Mark telling everyone about the contract.

Wenger must think that Milligan is up to the standard of the A-league, he impressed him. I would'nt be surprised if he had a shaky start, but Im pretty sure Mark can cope
Sig by me