Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

very confused

I am very confused about the Australian system.Can someone please tell me in details how it works.What is the relation between A league,V-league,NSW leaague and now there is unsw youth league?
Then I checked this austrlian football website and there is telechoice premier league,super league.... :?

The australian system is confusing because not all leagues are linked and in a particular order so it is confusing. There is the A League, which is the australia wide professional league. The V-League and NSW leagues are state level league, telechoice premier is the first division of NSW, then super is div 2.

It kind of goes: NSW super league>NSW Premier League>A League, and same for other states. The state leagues have been around for much longer than the a league and the introduction of the a league is good to take the top players into a good league but it did not really take the state leagues into consideration, so it kind of ruined it there. They plan to add a second division to the a league and have a promotion relegation system, which is a great idea but it will not happen for a while.

there is no relegation and promotion?!?!?!
Why dont they make a league will all the top 5 or 6 teams from all the states.The A-league has like only 8 teams I think...which is very little!

They are developing it to be better, they didnt want the top teams from the states because of all the racism and rioting from the old league, which is main reason they made these new teams. Personally i think the old teams had more heart, but then they carried it too far with all the fighting. This new league is better funded and is better for players, more professional.

terminator wrote:
there is no relegation and promotion?!?!?!
Why dont they make a league will all the top 5 or 6 teams from all the states.The A-league has like only 8 teams I think...which is very little!

It was that way in England for a number of years. There was no relegation from the professional league (the old Division 4). The bottom team always had to apply for re-election to the league but it was a bit of an 'old boys network' so they always got re-elected.

I think the pyramid promotion/relegation system has been in place for about 15 years.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

There was astory on FSN about how Frank Lowy wants to introduce a relegation promotion system in 5-10 years or something. I think its because the A-league got ranked badly in Asia because of it, which has affected our hopes of hosting the World cup.

I'm not sure if all the teams can afford to fly thier players all across the country. IMO if a team got relegated from the A-league they should just go back down to the State leagues.
Sig by me

10-15 years!!! :shock:
Thts a loong time!Btw are any of u guys playing in any clubs in australia?

terminator wrote:
10-15 years!!! :shock:
Thts a loong time!Btw are any of u guys playing in any clubs in australia?

Geez, its not that bad without relegation-promotion...

I play for Altona City SC which is a club here in Melbourne.
Sig by me

In wikipedia it says:
"In 2008 there will be a shake-up of the New South Wales men's, women's and youth competitions. There will be a restructuring of the youth teams, aligning them with their respective Senior Clubs. There will be also a restructuring of the men's senior competitions, including the addition of new teams to the NSW Premier League and a new promotion/relegation system. Two teams will be added: West Sydney Berries and Macarthur Rams."

Maybe it wont take 10-15 years....

I was talking about the A-league when I said relegation promtion. Divisions have been in the state leagues for ages.
Sig by me