Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

wat are some ways to go pro in auzzie/sydney?

Had2bHarry wrote:
messi19 wrote:
Yeah but it would still be easier into some Australian and American lower league teams. No disrespect to Australian and American football but it nowhere near the standard of English football. Even championship clubs and possibly league 1 clubs could probberly beat the top clubs in Australia and America.

Thats sort of true, but I would'nt say the A-league is "nowhere near" the standard of England, considering that many Aussies have made the jump from Aus to England quite comfortably, notably David Carney, Adrian Leijer and possibly Mark Milligan from Sydney to Arsenal would you believe. You'd better do some research next time matey 8)

OOOOOH! Messi got pwned! Lets see what he has to say to that!

On the subject of Milligan, I would really like to see him go to Arsenal. I mean, that'd be the highest any Australian has ever got to in terms of team standard. I mean, Harry was good, but c'mon, injury ridden guys don't count. :lol:
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Had2bHarry wrote:
Adrian Leijer

Funny how if he has made such a comfortable jump to the Premier League, how come he hasn't played once? Sure he's played a fair bit for the Reserves but he hasn't done shit on the big stage.

Wouldn't necessarily call that a comfortable jump. Maybe you should do some more research. :)
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Davidson9 wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote:
Adrian Leijer

Funny how if he has made such a comfortable jump to the Premier League, how come he hasn't played once? Sure he's played a fair bit for the Reserves but he hasn't done shit on the big stage.

Wouldn't necessarily call that a comfortable jump. Maybe you should do some more research. :)

Maybe you should do some more research, he's set most probably to make some appearances next season :wink:

I agree Keller, despite the shit season he had with Sydney, I expect that he's shown Arsene Wenger the kind of player he was at the Asian cup where he was the standout in defence, when Lucas Neill was playing terribly.

It would be great to see some of the Olyroos in some of the Big 4 clubs in the future. Like you said, Kewell didnt have a great time there unfortunatlely.

Did anyone see Kewell against Iraq last night? He was back to his old ways, tricking defenders, backheels etc. It was worth waking up at 2am to see that.
Sig by me

Coming from someone who regularly watches A League it is nowhere near the standard of the EPL, and is probably as good or below the Championship. There are standout Australian players, but most of them not come from the A League. I do think in time we may get something on the EPL, the A League is very young, but seriously consider how much money the EPL has the quality of players, you really cant at all compare the A League to it.

The EPL is successful because of foreign players with great skill, and although the A League has some promising players, we still have the Australian tradition of choosing players who are bigger and stronger over the better technical players. This does happen in places like England as well, but they can be strong and have the technical ability to back it up, eg. Gerrard. In the end it is standout players with great skill who set the standard in any professional league, such as Ronaldo at the moment, and Australia fails to buy or produce those players.

I am surprised that Milligan is being considered for Arsenal, i just dont think he is good enough to be honest, good example of big and fast A League player, cant see him having enough ability to do anything significant in the EPL. I cant believe people think Milligan can surpass Kewell, Harry Kewell is a legendary Australian player who has had an injury plagued career and still managed to be what most people regard as the best Australian player of all, proving good when we needed him most. Carney is the only A League player i have seen who tried to incorporate as much skill as he can into his game, the dribbling, short passing, because watching Sydney FC every week with those long balls is almost unbearable after a while. There are some good young players however but none with as much promise as David Carney IMO.

Truesocceroo, who do you go for? (apart from SydneyFC)

I know its kind of random and off topic, but you're a bit of a quiet member, and you dont have a sig or an avatar so its kind of hard to tell who you go for. Im just curious

EDIT: Davidsons sig cracks me up every time I look at it...
Sig by me

I like Inter in the serie A, probably my favourite team of all teams, dont have a particular favourite in England, like Liverpool but i cant say i have much of a connection to them. Yeah lol i probably am a 'quiet member', i dont really get into the whole sig and profile thing, i kind of just like looking at forums and talking about the sport more than myself. I could set one up but im lazy and i cbf. I would say a casual member of EF.