Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Why are Milan so lucky?!?!

casar22 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
that's a derby game and players always get up for those more in my opinion.
and losing to a 13th place team just shows their inconsistancy. a lot more big names will move this summer i believe, so just keep watching.

Well, I hope we have a better season for 08/09. I want Milan to win the Serie A again :?

so do i but there's going to be a few seasons before that happens. Inter is just too strong

soccer11 wrote:
casar22 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
and losing to a 13th place team just shows their inconsistancy. a lot more big names will move this summer i believe, so just keep watching.

Well, I hope we have a better season for 08/09. I want Milan to win the Serie A again :?

so do i but there's going to be a few seasons before that happens. Inter is just too strong

At least a 3rd place or 2nd place would be good and they've got to win the UEFA for sure

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

casar22 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
casar22 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:

At least a 3rd place or 2nd place would be good and they've got to win the UEFA for sure

well yea, i actually think they'll get 2nd, but i don't think they'll win the Uefa cup. a lot of weird shit happens in that competition.

They lost 3-1 Napoli in the 2nd to last game of the season, a team who beat Inter, and Fiorentina at home. They finished 8th.

The reason the season was unsuccessful was the lack of depth, age, and the fact that the Club World Cup made them play midweek games for the whole second half of the season. An increased amount of games meant more physical and mental fatigue, and more injuries. Almost every player on the team was injured for some portion of the year. They had one of the best records away from home, but they suffered at home.

Summer has been going well with Zambrotta, Flamini, Borriello and Antonini, and Abbiati I think, and Gattuso is staying. and more to come. Everyone knows the Scudetto is the goal next year. I am kind of glad Milan's not in the CL because now they can focus on the league.

they can definitely make good use of ronaldinho. Look at ronaldo, they shaped him up from homer simpson to an athlete in prime physical condition. Maybe they can do the same for ronaldinho.

I am sad Milan aren't in the champions league, but I always think that Milan should really get a better keeper. I mean Kalac or dida in goal is not a really good idea I don't really kno about Abbiatti cause i've only seen like 3 games of him and I think he is not solid enouh. :?

Kalac is good, they only lost against Arsenal last year because he let his guard down, thinking it would go into extra time and that caused his hesitation and the goal. Milan need to rebuild, and in order to do that, they gotta get rid of Ancelotti. He's too stuck-up to his morals, and all he ever wants is attacking players (those two defensive players (Zambrotta, Flamini) he bought this summer don't count).

Ronaldinho isn't gonna do anything for them, he's a filler for a position that isn't needed (Ambrosini was a supporting cast because he had the stamina to chase after attackers and play the ball forward, Ronaldinho is like Kaka', and when they're paired together, let's use WC 2006 as an example, one overlaps the other and they don't end up both playing well).

Milan's been on the downfall ever since the departure of Shevchenko. They lack a player who's consistent up front (Inzaghi is kinda old, Pato only scored in his first few games, Oliveira was a complete waste of money, Boriello is now injured), they NEED sheva. Plus, Kaka'+Sheva=DOOM.

Pato scored in 9 goals in 18 games in a half season.

I agree though that the defense is lacking quite a bit.

Btw, Abbiati is better than Kalac IMO.