Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

messi style dribbling

i found this when i was googling messi dribbling style it tells about one of messis signature ( and frequently used) move:

There's no question to every body that loves football (soocer), loves to see a world class dribbler. The player that can run past defenders with ease. They set the crowd a light, the fans want to see them, young player want to be them. Every player wants to know their secret, the simple tricks is hard work, dedication and sacrifices. During your football training (soccer training) either individually or as a team you must try to get as many touches on the ball as possible. There are a vast a ray tricks and dummies world class players use to beat there opponents, but the truth is that you really only need to master a couple to be an effective dribbler. Look at Leo Messi consistently goes past defenders like they were standing still, the weird thing about Messi is that defenders know what his going to do but they still can't stop it. Why because his perfected and worked hard to hone his technique.

The Body Swerve

An all time favorite of Messi. You start by dribbling at slow to moderate pace toward a defender, then feint both with body and feet to take the ball one way. You drop your shoulder, leaning to take the ball right or left, then quickly changing direction and accelerating away from the defender.

You should first practice during your soccer training sessions by your dribbling toward another ball, cone or leaf it doesn't matter. perform the move slowly, and as you start to feel more comfortable start to increase the speed, while also keeping an eye on making sure that you will put the defender off balance by your feint. The quicker running pace you can perform this move effectively the more you will have the defender on his heels making it easier to put him or her off balance. The next key step is the acceleration away from the defender, you don't want to be repeatedly beating the same defender, thats why acceleration after you beat the defender is so crucial. You must learn to perform this move with both feet, this will make unpredictable to defenders.

It's important that you continue to hone and maintain your skills, during your soccer training. Never become complacent, always strive to be better, thats why players like Messi are the best in world, because the worked harder and smarter then anyone else to be the best. The more you put into your soccer training the more you will get out of it.

all credit goes to : http://ezinearticles.com/?Soccer-Dribbl ... id=1143917

nice find canadian :D
but i think ive read it somewhere on a magazine cant remember tho

sig by Nat_H
[color=green] If you try you will have a better chance to accomplish something than those who don't

Heh I like that but technically all dribblers do it. He just does it better :P
And also the fact that he slouches over when he dribbles to keep his centre of gravity low and the fact that he's also speedy catches defenders off guard. He isn't necessarily creative, he's just efficient (even though I still hate him).

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
Heh I like that but technically all dribblers do it. He just does it better :P
And also the fact that he slouches over when he dribbles to keep his centre of gravity low and the fact that he's also speedy catches defenders off guard. He isn't necessarily creative, he's just efficient (even though I still hate him).

why do you hate messi? and all pro players do it but not amateur players in my level (silver) and i own their sorry asses by copying messis dribbling :D

My fav player

i like that wat site u find it at there might be more stuff if u can just tell me plz :) :)

I think its good to learn and strive to incorporate things from world class players like leo messi, but we need to remember to be ourselves, in whatever we do. I am not saying be yourself and not work at becoming better, but that you should focus on creating "canadianfootballer style dribbling" you feel?

just some thoughts.

rawthentic wrote:
I think its good to learn and strive to incorporate things from world class players like leo messi, but we need to remember to be ourselves, in whatever we do. I am not saying be yourself and not work at becoming better, but that you should focus on creating "canadianfootballer style dribbling" you feel?

just some thoughts.

Well yea, we all kinda understand that, but your style might be a combination of like Messi, Ronaldo, etc. But whatever works best for you, like I never do the stuff Messi does because I hate him.

plz tell me y u dont like this wonderful player

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
rawthentic wrote:

just some thoughts.

Well yea, we all kinda understand that, but your style might be a combination of like Messi, Ronaldo, etc. But whatever works best for you, like I never do the stuff Messi does because I hate him.

As Newton said: If I can see farther than others it is only because im standin on the shoulders of giants.

i hate barca and i like messi whats wrong with you???

I can say from my experience that since i copied ronaldinho and messis dribblingstyle, my dribbling improved so much it is so fucking awesome and unbelievable. 2 years ago I was just a normal wing defender with decent dribbling and speed usw. And now WoW i can't believe it I am now a kind of playmaker, also important for you to get better is having a big motivation just like to me it is my father, who always wanted the best for me for football for ex. new shoes or he was always some one who helped with driving the players to the matches. And I realized that much too late otherwise I would have improved more. All in all i can say that i want to give him everything back for all the years he supported me thats just a point which is very important for me, sometimes i cry (when im drunk, because ppl say things that come from heart when they are drunk)
because it is so important for me to make him proud.
So guys try to find some kind of motivation like i did and you see, your game will improve.

Im more into the messi/maradona dribbling style then a step over/flip flap and all those movements that people often do. I train them but when im playing i use more the hole body to dribble then over the ball, the ball becomes almost secondary. I start slowly and feint for both sides, then if the defender falls for one you accelerate for the other, you just need extreme reaction and acceleration for doing this, but practice makes everything possible in football. if that doesn't work the maradona does, just fall for one side and do a lil touch in the side of the ball to make it go away from the defender and accelerate to gain possession again for the so called Gambeta, if you don't you can always try and take a foul out of the situation.

Quote:
Im more into the messi/maradona dribbling style then a step over/flip flap and all those movements that people often do

Meh Im a bit of both. I can do stepovers etc. but most of the time a simple body feint like Messi does the trick. I just do whatever my instincts tell me to do.

A major part of Messi's dribbling style is his close control. The ball seems to stick to his foot like a magnet which is a major component of his dribbling style.
Sig by me

my strongest point in soccer is dribbling and you know what i use messis way of dribbling and c.ronaldos but messis is more efficiant and works better for me im small and not super fast and strong but im very quick so i usully use messis way of dekeing and i play wing back so when i overlap i gain speed before i get the ball and when i do im off to beating players but i never try too beat too many maby two or three to get out of troubel and then i pass cause if i lose it im fucked specially cause im wing back