Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

local club to premier league?

arsenalfc08 wrote:
Are you on a team now or at least doing some pick up games? Keep playing in games to gauage how much you are improving.

Have you timed any sprints? Try timing 40m and 100m sprints and keep trying to get the time down.

Remember this quote "you can have all the ability in the world but if you don't apply yourself you will never make it as a pro".

If you don't have the patientce to put in the work maybe you need a break. One to 2 days won't kill you.

So you don't have a wall, find one. I used a an outside table as my wall, just improvise.

Stop whining and start doing, if you trained as much as you whine you could be a good player.

Football is an art, the pitch is canvas. The real good players are those that just wanna keep improvin and love playin footy. Not those who wanna go pro.

Heres a quote from your beloved Obama btw, which is pretty meaningful..

"In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never a given. It must be earned. Our journey has never been one of shortcuts or settling for less. It has not been the path for the faint-hearted — for those who prefer leisure over work, or seek only the pleasures of riches and fame. Rather, it has been the risk-takers, the doers, the makers of things — some celebrated but more often men and women obscure in their labor, who have carried us up the long, rugged path towards prosperity and freedom."

Have you tried this? It sounds promising http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=55

the primary aim of the 1992/3 program is to provide an opportunity for those who are “late developers” and may have missed selection into such things as State Teams/ CHS/ NSWIS squads to remain training with other elite players who have a common goal of developing sufficiently for possible future selection into higher levels i.e. AIS/”A” League U/20 etc.

edit: ok you can't do that anymore as the deadline was in teh fall but it sounded promising. Maybe they will do it again.

yeah oppurtunity and chances come and go. But ability always stays with you. And tbh, if you dun even hav the patience or attitude to harness ability, even a thousand tryouts wouldn't make you go pro.

ok thanks every1, im more determined then ever now because of arsenal and harry and wanderer!! (dident forget u mint)

im goin to keep training!

Wanderer wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
Are you on a team now or at least doing some pick up games? Keep playing in games to gauage how much you are improving.

Have you timed any sprints? Try timing 40m and 100m sprints and keep trying to get the time down.

Remember this quote "you can have all the ability in the world but if you don't apply yourself you will never make it as a pro".

If you don't have the patientce to put in the work maybe you need a break. One to 2 days won't kill you.

So you don't have a wall, find one. I used a an outside table as my wall, just improvise.

Stop whining and start doing, if you trained as much as you whine you could be a good player.

Football is an art, the pitch is canvas. The real good players are those that just wanna keep improvin and love playin footy. Not those who wanna go pro.

What Wanderer said is spot on. I am from Aus I turned 17 in December. I still believe if I had luck I can make it as a pro. I believe anyone can.

When I was younger I stressed about having to go pro aswell. The reason I did was actually not for money or fame but because I loved palying and just wanted to do it and paly with the best for all my life. Be around it all.

Recently I found I cant put pressure on myself I just gotta love it. Gotta love playing well. Loving is the first step man.

Anymi wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:

What Wanderer said is spot on. I am from Aus I turned 17 in December. I still believe if I had luck I can make it as a pro. I believe anyone can.

When I was younger I stressed about having to go pro aswell. The reason I did was actually not for money or fame but because I loved palying and just wanted to do it and paly with the best for all my life. Be around it all.

Recently I found I cant put pressure on myself I just gotta love it. Gotta love playing well. Loving is the first step man.

Yep. I think a lot of people over think about being pro and that they will suck at life if they don't make it. It just adds way to much unncessary stress on yourself. If you just calm down, play your game, and have some fun along the way you will be fine.

I think it doesn't matter what team you are on (this is at any level youth,college,etc) if you play well someone is bound to take notice.

I follow a non-league club in England that are 7 divisions below the EPL. 5 of the players are now being scouted by teams in the championship and league 1, they had trials the other day and impressed. People will take notice! They are proof of it. They are more than capable of moving up to professional football.

Quote:

Yeah, thats how I feel. Personally I dont think I'll turn pro, but that doesnt stop me from feeling devastated when I get injured, I still look forward to my training sessions every week even if they are 90% running, I live for that 10% of ballwork. I've seen heaps of parents who get all extremely wound up about winning, you gotta remember, as long as you have fun thats the important thing.

You're not playing premier league yet, its not like theres analysts critising you on TV, or millions of people hanging all thier hopes on you to score or something like that.
Sig by me