Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Are there any under-21 trials?

hi,
I am 18 and I am currently playing for this club in melbourne.But I dont like it very much.Its very disorganised so I am planning to change clubs next year.
Anyway, all the websites of clubs have trials for under 11 to under 18. I was wondering whether there any clubs in melbourne which hold under-21 trials?
Thanks

I don't know what are the rules in Australia but in other countries you can try out for under 18's even if you are 18 years and 364 days old so check out the rules by contacting each club.It will help you to get first hand information and the updated rules and regulations of the clubs.

In the U.S. at least, there aren't many U21 clubs. Most are recreational adult leagues.
The only serious adult teams are those in the development leagues (unpaid). The players on these teams are trying to be scouted+picked up by a professional team.

heres a link for an example of the type of team I'm talking about. I'm sure there are clubs like this one in Australia.

http://www.nashvillemetrossoccer.com/

thx for ur replies. I think there are clubs like tht playing in a 'metro' league. Actually I am playing for my club's team in tht league. The club does have teams at higher leagues for e.g state and provisional.But the problem is I feel tht I cannot work my way up(let alone getting scouted!)
It is very disorganised and the coaches themselves play in the teams...its just very messed up.
So I was wondering playing for an under-21 team in a under-21 league which is a bit more 'professional' in how they operate and all.Hopefully then I can work my way up.
I hope someone who has been living in australia can enlighten me.