Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Uefa Champions League final 2008/2009

yea and like when they won the league,they chanted that are u watching chant but along with that,they also had up tons of signs saying champions again and thats a fact...and stuff like that...they are referring to rafas speech about FACTS to SAF
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

yeah, rivalries are good in sports, but when you concentrate on hateing a club then loving the one u support thats just wrong

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

tevezaholic wrote:
yea and like when they won the league,they chanted that are u watching chant but along with that,they also had up tons of signs saying champions again and thats a fact...and stuff like that...they are referring to rafas speech about FACTS to SAF

Its that complete arrogance that let them down.

Before the game, Terry Venebles claimed Messi can only play on the right and cant score with his head. After the outcome however, he argued that the media should be blamed for making Manchester United look invincible and Barcelona, an easily beatable team with no defence.

He was also shocked to see Pep give Messi the "Cruyff role" in the middle and claimed that SAF and his defence never saw that coming.

At this point I am thinking........hasnt anyone seen the El clasico at Bernabeu?! Messi played that role in all of the 90 minutes. It wasnt even the first time he played there either.

SAF couldnt be that arrogant, well not enough to have no worry about observing these details. Even his tactics during the game were ironic. He just threw on all his strikers on the field, without realizing the main key is the midfield. They say, whoever controls the midfield, controls the game. Thats how Barcelona plays. Instead of reinforcing the midfield, he just created more space with his subs and that was too good for Xavi and Iniesta

In the end, the tactics of a meticulous rookie with an obsession for details triumphed over the nonchalant veteran.

Iniesta claimed the semi-final at the Bridge was the team's most difficult game of the campaign. I guess I gave a lot of undeserved flak to Hiddink and his negative (read: effective) tactics. At least he fully knew what he was doing.

shahensha wrote:
tevezaholic wrote:

Its that complete arrogance that let them down.

Before the game, Terry Venebles claimed Messi can only play on the right and cant score with his head. After the outcome however, he argued that the media should be blamed for making Manchester United look invincible and Barcelona, an easily beatable team with no defence.

He was also shocked to see Pep give Messi the "Cruyff role" in the middle and claimed that SAF and his defence never saw that coming.

At this point I am thinking........hasnt anyone seen the El clasico at Bernabeu?! Messi played that role in all of the 90 minutes. It wasnt even the first time he played there either.

SAF couldnt be that arrogant, well not enough to have no worry about observing these details. Even his tactics during the game were ironic. He just threw on all his strikers on the field, without realizing the main key is the midfield. They say, whoever controls the midfield, controls the game. Thats how Barcelona plays. Instead of reinforcing the midfield, he just created more space with his subs and that was too good for Xavi and Iniesta

In the end, the tactics of a meticulous rookie with an obsession for details triumphed over the nonchalant veteran.

Iniesta claimed the semi-final at the Bridge was the team's most difficult game of the campaign. I guess I gave a lot of undeserved flak to Hiddink and his negative (read: effective) tactics. At least he fully knew what he was doing.

I dont think any of it was underseved. Its not as if he was playing with a weak side and all he could do was defend and hope, he had Chelsea with some of the best players in the world, and he still chose to ruin the game for everyone with probably the most boring game of football i have seen, which made Italy in 2006 look like Barcelona.

Sure it worked for a while, but football prevailed quite honestly, it was shown that his tactics were not good enough. Why he did not play like they did in the FA Cup final is beyond me, granted Everton were a much weaker side, Chelsea showed they can actually play pretty well, sure Hiddink has done great things and i always considered him one of the greatest international coaches, he is a great coach of weaker sides but when he finally got his shot with a strong team, he really hasnt produced. I fail to see how the football is better than it was under Mourinho, and at least Mourinho was consistent and winning.

I remember watching the CL 08 final and almost cried when John Terry missed the penalty. So close yet so far. I was upset for several days then. Seriously.
Dentist Roseville