Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

PVC balls

I'm thinking about ordering the 24 pack of the Umbro Canford ball. The outside is made out of PVC and i was wondering if anyone has had experience with the ball itself or PVC covered balls. I'm planning on using them for practice so any info or input would be appreciated.

How much is it going to run you? PVC balls will obviously be a lot lighter than your standard leather or other compound, but could be equally durable, as long as you don't use them on pavement. It's a bonus that they'll be extra-water tight too.

I find really poor quality PVC balls tend to feel like not much more than a beach ball (i.e. the ones you buy for a dollar) and could pop easily if hit hard enough, but mid-range PVC ones are perfect for practicing with.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Well actually me and 2 other guys are gonna split the costs so we get 8 balls each so it would be 73 dollars a person for 8 balls. about 9 bucks a ball.

That's not bad, then, considering a big brand match-ball would run you about that much! :P

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

In the UK on Saturday, I was in my local nike shop, and they had replica balls for £20.00 on the shelves, but in a basket by the exit, they had the official Premier league balls both white, and hi-vis yellow reduced from £110.00 to £10.50!!! :) I couldn't believe it. Kids begging their parents for the new style replica's at £20.00 a go, and they could of had a £110.00 ball for half that! Haven't played with it yet, but I will on Thursday! Can't wait!