Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Stretch before juggling?

alrightt so im doin the 1000x juggle wit both feet, 500 with right, 4-5x a week.. the routine that panchh suggested to me for improving touch, countrol, and dribbling.. soo i was wondering should i stretch before juggling, like halfway, at the end, no stretching at all??? alsoo like should i do dynamic or static stretching before or after juggling or none at all?

doesnt it hurt your opposite leg your juggling with to do that, do u get 500 in a row because i try it and i cant even come close to it, i cant even get the balance right to do 100

yee haha well i do thiss: 100, 50, 100, 50, 50, 100, 50.. between every set i rest like 30 seconds to a minutee but i think youll get used to it after a while...

Theres no harm in doing a dynamic stretch before juggling and static after you can't be too careful pulling a muscle is a setback no matter how you look at it.

i've done this routine, and i never stretched while doing it, didn't pull any muscles, and saw all my touch/feel/control improvemetns, so you don't need to stretch, and you wont pull a muscle i can guarantee that....

About the juggling, the way i do it is,

1000 with both feet, so i do 250 x 4, not because i can't do 1000 in a row, but because i loose concentration and get bored, so i stop 10 seconds, and then 250 again.... untill i reach 1000

Then, 250 x 4 with my right

Then 250 x 2 with my left...

I obviously had to work my way up to being able to juggle these amounts, so at first i would do 50 with my right, and count by 50's till i reached 500, as i improved, i made it harder, till i got to 250 x4 like i said......

Can't stress how much it improves your feel, i feel like ozeil with the ball in my feet now, ball glued to the foot, and i can make it do exactly whatever i want it to.... art and magic
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

i hate to say it but you can't guarantee anything like that. Situations and flexibility levels change and it's more than possible to pull something if he were to try and control a ball that got to far and went for it awkwardly.

Pull something juggling? I hardly doubt it.. In fact I can bet my house that it wont happen

If thats the case you should also stretch before you play fifa, because you can't guarantee anything :roll:

jk man, i know your being careful, but juggling is less hard on your legs than a light light light jog, and people warm up taking light jogs, one of the beautty of juggling is that you can do it on the spot, 1,2,3... you wont get injured by juggling, i can promise you that, but if you want to stetch go ahead....

If you have ever and i mean ever kicked your leg up to the point where it would be considered a high kick you can easily pull something. It's more than possible especially in cold weather. You only plan on juggling with the ball low but if it goes high and you kick your leg up it easily can has and might happen again. Like i said you can't speak for everyone it's stupid to believe you can.
P.s. you owe me your house because i have.

W.e u can never be too careful so ill stretch..

Btw some questions for Panchh..
1. Panchh u think i should start off with doing 1000 with both, 500 with right and 250 with left and gradually move up orrrr do the whole 1000 with both, 1000 with right amd 500 with lefft?
2. How many times do u do this a week anf do you combine it with any other drill?
3. Just wondering wwat do you do when you train individually? Do u do like a specific wworkout or what? Im basically asking whats your training routine

Quote:
Btw some questions for Panchh..
1. Panchh u think i should start off with doing 1000 with both, 500 with right and 250 with left and gradually move up

It depends, are you able to juggle to 1000 with both, 500 with your right, and 250 with your left? In my case, I can juggle to 1000 with both, but i get bored and loose concentration after 350ish, so i divide it in 4 power sets, 250 perfect clean touches, chill for 30 seconds and start again.. I our doing this cause you take 250 good touches, and sometimes when your doing them just 1000 in a row your mind might start wandering and you stop focusing so much on juggling etc, so i recomend 4 x 250 in all honesty..

Same with your right foot, do an amount you are comfortable with and can do perfectly and divide it in sets..... 5 x 100, with your left 5 x 50.... and move up untill your doing 250 x 4 like with both feet.

Listen, its not a hard drill, or complicated to remember, its just taking 500 perfect touches with your right, and for them to be perfect i recomend dividing them in sets because if you are like me and can juggle till you get bored you will get bored and the quality of your touches will drop...

Now, obviously doing 250 with your right, requires more concentraton than doign 250 with both, because the first one is much harder, so you are less likely to loose the focus... I don't know how good you juggle so i can't tell you how to divide your touches, but i do recomend 2 sets of 250 touches for concentration and quality of the touches purposes instead of doing 500 in a row.. :wink:
Quote:
2. How many times do u do this a week anf do you combine it with any other drill?

I do this drill about 5-6 times a week, and i combine it with repeating 50 times my 3 most used dribbling moves... Then I have team practice 4 times a weak... But in the summer time when i didn't have team practice I would do thiis juggling drill, and combine it with the sprinting with the ball at your feet drill, and a few other control/touch feel, and I felt crazy results..

Quote:
3. Just wondering wwat do you do when you train individually? Do u do like a specific wworkout or what? Im basically asking whats your training routine

My routine is just the juggling part mentioned above, plus 100x juggling in the - take 3 touches flick it over your head, control, take 3 touches and flick it over your head - style..... Then my top 3 dribbling moves I repeat them 50 times, and then im good to go for my 2 hour daily team practice... I just do a little extra enfasis on the touch part because i am obsessed(in a good way) with having a golden touch...

When season is over, I train alone, because I have leagues all year, and I want to be in top form for them as well, so I make my own routine with the juggling part you know, the moves part you know, some wall drills, 50 cruyff chops, and the 30 meter sprint thing...

Trust me though, now that you posted the brazilian videos i'm going to start doing them as well..

how do you guys juggle so much and not freestyle?
Freestyle Videos: http://youtube.com/fsadelaide / http://vimeo.com/mattfs

what brazilian videos? and matt for me i suck at doing tricks when juggling so i just stick to something im good at by just juggling without tricks, i dont feel like taking the time to learn new freestyle tricks when i could be doing new tricks on the ground

Btw one last question panch, when juggling lets say i drop it, should i just keep up the count and keep goin or start all over? Alsoo you take little toe touches right? Srry for all these questions hahaa cuz sincr you say that this gives you touch like Ozil then helllllllll yeahh i wanna do this perfect hahaa

i was wondering do you take toe touches b/c thats what i do (and i believe it would help you get close control) or should i use all parts of foot? alsoo how long would you think it would take to see improvement from all this juggling?

Couldn't hurt. I mean, I can't see you doing any serious injury to yourself juggling (if this is a problem for you, I'd love to see your routine. :P ) but stretching might help to warm your muscles and give them a wider range of motion which would be useful for juggling and other freestyle tricks.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!