Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Round of 16 UCL

Quote:
Barca has an easy draw

Please explain yourself...

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

After destroying Arsenal, you can't really say that Shaktar are a step up.

Granted, anything can happen, but if Shaktar went through, anyone in football will tell you it would be the shock result of the year.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

True but saying that barcelona has a easy draw is more than just underrating them..

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

In comparison to who they could have drawn they got it easy.

nick117 wrote:
In comparison to who they could have drawn they got it easy.

I'd say this but I still wouldn't expect it to be a walk-through. SD, much like Barcelona, have proven to be a tough place to go in search of a win. I could see Barca taking the 1st leg for sure but don't see them winning the 2nd leg. It'll come down to which team hits harder at home in my opinion. I think this tie and the Real/Spurs tie will be the most exciting. I can see Eto'o running S04's back line ragged and the United/Chelsea game COULD be a rather boring affair(just on the fact it's a typical match-up in my eyes so I'm not too excited about it.) The only difference is you'll have UEFA officials, so take that for what you will.

Shaktar is by no means an easy draw and should be respected. They won their group over Arsenal and beat the gunners at home. They have a terrific home record, winning all their games at their stadium. It will be a very difficult return leg fixture with a far distance to travel and terrible cold to deal with. Lets not forget that Shaktar is a quality team leading their league at the moment.

Barcelona's performance at the Camp Nou will decide whether this draw will be an easy win. Alas, I feel Shaktar will just park the bus but I am certain that Barca has more than enough quality create chances.....as long as a lot of them are finished, the return leg will be a pick up game in the park.

I am just hoping it turns out like the quarterfinal against Bayern during the 08-09 CL. A heavy lead from the home game and then casually passing the ball around to defend the lead in the away game.

klc123 wrote:
Wohoo 2 more classico's.

Pepe makes me laugh, every game I see him play, without fail he will come close to putting someone in the emergency room :lol:

I didn't realise Barcelona v Shaktar Donetsk was now referred to as a "Classico".

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

I didn't realise Tottenham Hotspurs v Real Madrid was referred to as a *champions* league draw.

Jus' kidding before someone eats me.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

klc123 wrote:
I didn't realise Tottenham Hotspurs v Real Madrid was referred to as a *champions* league draw.

TommyGun wrote:
klc123 wrote:

Three letters - LOL.
Everything you need, is already inside.