Bayern 07-08

UEFA Champions League

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Evan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 00:41

Bayern 07-08

Postby Evan » 21 Aug 2007, 00:48

With Bayern's new signings (Klose, Toni, Ribery) this year, how do you guys think they will do in UEFA Champs League and in the Bundesliga? In the first 120 minutes of the Bundesliga each of those three each had at least 1 goal already.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Image

mpcarres14
Veteran Member
Posts: 1906
Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 00:26
Location: Virginia, USA

Postby mpcarres14 » 21 Aug 2007, 01:58

Bayern look tremendous early on. They should win the Bundesliga, although I wouldn't write off Shalke, and UEFA Cup should be in the bag for them unless a big upset happens in the group stages of the CL and a powerhouse like Barca ends up in third and then squares up with Bayern in the UEFA Cup.
Image

God damn brewery!!!

User avatar
Evan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 00:41

Postby Evan » 21 Aug 2007, 02:26

Yeah I would agree on that...and Schalke seem to definitely be some competetion, Kuranyi has been an important part of Schalke
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Image

User avatar
Real_Zidane
Veteran Member
Posts: 1970
Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 17:36

Postby Real_Zidane » 21 Aug 2007, 17:05

Bayern look great, those are very good signings. Glad they picked up a couple of quality strikers and a great winger. They should do well in Europe and in their own league.
Image

ballackfan
Veteran Member
Posts: 439
Joined: 14 Jun 2006, 22:54

Postby ballackfan » 21 Aug 2007, 21:17

The team look completely different from last season. Well, the biggest change was the forwards, Wagner, Toni, and Klose. They played well against Barcelona actually only lost 1:0 and it's was a late goal by Messi.

User avatar
ForzaMilan
Veteran Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 22 May 2007, 01:25

Postby ForzaMilan » 27 Aug 2007, 03:19

Not only are they good signings, the players fit in to the team very well and are already off scoring like crazy, Bayern continue to destroy teams. I think they'll do even better than last year in Europe.
Image

ballackfan
Veteran Member
Posts: 439
Joined: 14 Jun 2006, 22:54

Postby ballackfan » 27 Aug 2007, 14:31

I imagined they will in the UEFA cup.

User avatar
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2507
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby fir_nev » 31 Aug 2007, 02:08

I have to agree that they are a completely different team! I am now happy again with Kahn's comment that they are the team to beat in the Bundesliga.
Image

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 31 Aug 2007, 02:15

i didn't even realise that Bayern weren't going to be in the Champions league until the draw today, i was a bit suprised but then i checked last season's table and remembered
-Julius
Image

User avatar
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3851
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby gnarlyjim » 31 Aug 2007, 15:29

soccer11 wrote:i didn't even realise that Bayern weren't going to be in the Champions league until the draw today, i was a bit suprised but then i checked last season's table and remembered
-Julius


Yeah, feels weird huh? I think if they did sneak in last year, with the way they are playing, they could win the CL this year.
Image

User avatar
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6310
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby rzadzinski » 31 Aug 2007, 15:30

gnarlyjim wrote:
soccer11 wrote:i didn't even realise that Bayern weren't going to be in the Champions league until the draw today, i was a bit suprised but then i checked last season's table and remembered
-Julius


Yeah, feels weird huh? I think if they did sneak in last year, with the way they are playing, they could win the CL this year.

I was thinking the same, or at least compete for top spot.

They should win the UEFA though...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

User avatar
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3851
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada
Contact:

Postby gnarlyjim » 31 Aug 2007, 15:35

rzadzinski wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:
soccer11 wrote:i didn't even realise that Bayern weren't going to be in the Champions league until the draw today, i was a bit suprised but then i checked last season's table and remembered
-Julius


Yeah, feels weird huh? I think if they did sneak in last year, with the way they are playing, they could win the CL this year.

I was thinking the same, or at least compete for top spot.

They should win the UEFA though...


Easily. I can't imagine there'll be much competition at all for them.
Image

User avatar
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2507
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby fir_nev » 06 Sep 2007, 14:08

But U'll have to see. This season is a test for Bayern to gel these guys together to win domestically and then the European Cup. I can't say for sure they'd win if they enter this season but they will go far.

It's important for them to establish themselves back at the top against Stuttgart and Schalke.
Image

contact_lenses_man
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: 06 Sep 2007, 07:02

Postby contact_lenses_man » 11 Sep 2007, 19:11

Bayern is not in Cl...so delete this thread lol

User avatar
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6310
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby rzadzinski » 11 Sep 2007, 22:52

We realize that, if you read the posts, we shifted our focus to the UEFA Cup.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin


Return to “Champs League”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest