Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

UEFA Champions League draw

Any watched the Champions league draw? If not then here are some interesting group draw. Source by skysports.com.

GROUP A:
Liverpool (England)
Porto (Portugal)
Olympique Marseille (France)
Besiktas (Turkey)

GROUP B:
Chelsea (England)
Valencia (Spain)
Schalke 04 (Germany)
Rosenborg (Norway)

GROUP C:
Real Madrid (Spain)
Werder Bremen (Germany)
Lazio (Italy)
Olympiakos (Greece)

GROUP D:
AC Milan (Italy)
Benfica (Portugal)
Celtic (Scotland)
Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)

GROUP E:
Barcelona (Spain)
Olympique Lyon (France)
VfB Stuttgart (Germany)
Rangers (Scotland)

GROUP F:
Manchester United (England)
AS Roma (Italy)
Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)
Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)

GROUP G:
Inter Milan (Italy)
PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands)
CSKA Moscow (Russia)
Fenerbahce (Turkey)

GROUP H:
Arsenal (England)
Sevilla (Spain) or AEK Athens (Greece)
Steaua Bucharest (Romania)
Slavia Prague (Czech Republic)

Give your thought who will qualify from their group, or interesting match early in the season. Liverpool v Marseille(Cisse hat-trick :)) look quite interesting to me, your thoughts on that?

Hah Man U back with Roma, I'm sure there will be some fight in that match up. I think all the English teams should get through their group, although they will probably have 1 key match up they need to win.

Yeah, I don't think the match will be as "exciting" as time since it's a group fixture and all... :roll:

Well, I guess the other teams are far too weak to qualify other than the big names.

Know what? I think the climax can only be at the knockout stages.

Celtic/AC Milan. another re-match from last season where Milan only won by one goal i believe in Overtime. that should be a pretty good match-up i think

Ic3

I'm a Steaua Bucharest supporter, so I'm looking forward to their fixtures. Arsenal is going to be tough, but then again so is Sevilla (who I think will go through over AEK)...

There are some great fixtures to be seen, can't wait till it all starts :)

Ic3 wrote:
I'm a Steaua Bucharest supporter, so I'm looking forward to their fixtures. Arsenal is going to be tough, but then again so is Sevilla (who I think will go through over AEK)...

are you from romania by any chance?

Arsenal vs. Sevilla will be the match of the tournament. Both teams play such wonderful stuff. But I'll be thanking the footballing gods for this one. Fuckin best draw ever!!!

God damn brewery!!!

The group stages are dull. Bring back straight knock-out ties. 2 legs with an unseeded draw.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Chelsea v Valencia
Benfica v Celtic
Barcelona v Lyon
Arsenal v Sevilla

games to watch

Ic3

soccer11 wrote:
Ic3 wrote:

Yea, I am :)

As to reply to ScottyBoy,

I think the bigger match will be AC Milan vs Celtic, rather than Benfica vs Celtic. After last year's results, Celtic want revenge, and it's going to be a good game as AC Milan try to hold on to the Championship.

I don't think Celtic vs. Milan will be that influential on how well Milan does in the tournament. It's gonna be tough though cuz Celtic, Milan and Benfica are great teams. Also, the Barcelona and Lyon match might not be that great either as predicted, as Lyon is out of form right now in Ligue 1 (sitting in 9th place).

I'll definitely be watching Man Utd. vs. Roma, Arsenal vs. Sevilla, and Barcelona vs. Lyon.

Ic3 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
Ic3 wrote:

Yea, I am :)

As to reply to ScottyBoy,

I think the bigger match will be AC Milan vs Celtic, rather than Benfica vs Celtic. After last year's results, Celtic want revenge, and it's going to be a good game as AC Milan try to hold on to the Championship.

AC milan games are generally not that entertaining but when benfica play british teams they are usually good games

in recent years v Man U Liverpool and celtic

Yeah, Benfica played real entertaining, like they always open up the game for most oppositions.