Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Who deserves to win the Champions League?

it finished 10 minutes after you posted :cry:

i didnt watch that game but 0-0 must have been a bit of a let down shahensha

ScottyBoy wrote:

DAMMIT, MEH I'LL WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS ON SKY
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

the game was on sky. Isnt that generally the first place you would look to watch the game :wink:

Davidson9 wrote:
shahensha wrote:
Goddamn the roma vs madrid game yesterday was sick. Both teams attacked and defended pretty well. De rossi was a mad man. I couldnt see the madrid goal cause I was late but I saw the rest of the game and I must say it was champions league material

I am more excited about todays fixture of AC Milan vs Arsenal. Its basically the matchup between relaxed lethargic veterans and quick draw rookies. I am not gonna lie, its going to be the real test of how good Arsenal really is without Thierry Henry.

is it still on???? i cant find it! what time did/does it start

It was on tln, the italian channel. You can catch it again tomorrow around 3 in the afternoon on tsn. Rewind back 12 hours and its Barcelona and Celtic so I guess I am staying up tonight.

ScottyBoy wrote:

A bit when it comes to the goal scoring department but it was still a fun game to watch really. Both teams attacked and defended well as expected.....well the latter a bit better than expected.

Arsenal was mostly held down to defend the Milan attack in the beginning of the game but they looked very threatening on the counter.

After a while Arsenal took over most of the attacking but Milan as always knew how to defend a never ending onslaught

Milan seemed tired as the game went on the mids and backs werent really going all out as comapred to Arsenal.

I have to say my favourite in this game was Maldini. Despite his old age, he was his usual "fuck you, you are not going past me" self. He was heavily involved in the attack at the early stages too. Defending was top notch.

Haha best play was when an arsenal midfielder (Eboue?) sends a long ball to Addebayor in the box and Maldini does a karate kick and deflects the pass, which hits off Addebayor's face and goes out for a goal kick.

shahensha wrote:
It was on tln, the italian channel. You can catch it again tomorrow around 3 in the afternoon on tsn. Rewind back 12 hours and its Barcelona and Celtic so I guess I am staying up tonight.

what exact time, im in TO, i must know
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

I couldnt watch the Barca game today, but i read that Messi played well and they held Celtic to only 6 shots total... :D
sig by 2brown347

Genius! Staying up the night is going to be worth it.

Davidson9 wrote:
shahensha wrote:

what exact time, im in TO, i must know

lol Burlington is like 45 mintues from toronto so the timing is pretty same.

But if you'd like to know

Barcelona vs Celtic is on TSN 3:30am to 5:30am, thursday

Ac Milan vs Arsenal is on TSN 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, thursday

The Milan - Arsenal match was pretty good. Arsenal had some good chances and in the final minutes of the match Adebeyor hit the crossbar on the header and thats when I shit myself because I thought he had scored. Milan looked like they were playing just to tie. Pirlo was striking free kicks nonchalantly over the bar or wide of the net.

Barca played well and Henry's goal was class. He is still one of the best in the world and he is so cool when he scores. Messi, well, Messi is just Messi. He continues to play very well and he is so dangerous on the attacking side.

Madrid and Roma..........I don't even want to talk about that. Although all I will say is that Raul continues to impress me with his scoring record in the Champions League, 60 total goals, all time leader.

aight so interestingly enough, there was one hour left for me to watch the barca game which was at like 3:30 in the fucking morning. I shut my eye for a second, next thing I know its the 89th minute...........damnit lol

Saw the highlights though. Holy shit, Henry's goal was too good. It was like those finesse goals you score in fifa 08 and think they couldnt do that in real life. Too good.

Everyone played well. Hell even Ronaldinho string together some impressive passes and he got a start too

Things are starting to look for the better for this team.

Haven't seen the Henry one but the Messi one where he shifted the ball past the defender and then scored was class.

What's more, they have Gio and Bojan in the ranks.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/celti ... t?from=rss

highlights for anyone who tried staying up and failed miserably

Sevilla scored 2 away goals. Although they lost by a goal thats fine they can win it back in home where they are too difficult to beat. They need atleast one goal and hold off the away team to nothing then they will be fine.

Madrid is definitely going to beat Roma in Bernabeau, there is no doubting that. They looked certain to score but didnt have the luck on their side at Roma. They too just need one goal as long as Roma doesnt score.

yeah spanish teams are pretty much dominating.

shahensha wrote:
http://www.dailymotion.com/search/celtic%2Bfc%2Bv%2Bbarcelona%2Bfc/video/x4g6br_celtic-fc-v-barcelona-fc_sport?from=rss

highlights for anyone who tried staying up and failed miserably

Sevilla scored 2 away goals. Although they lost by a goal thats fine they can win it back in home where they are too difficult to beat. They need atleast one goal and hold off the away team to nothing then they will be fine.

Madrid is definitely going to beat Roma in Bernabeau, there is no doubting that. They looked certain to score but didnt have the luck on their side at Roma. They too just need one goal as long as Roma doesnt score.

yeah spanish teams are pretty much dominating.

Good result for Sevilla IMo, despite the fact that they lost, if they bring them back to Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan and play there usual quick passing play with lots of width i can see them demolishing fenerbahce. Roma are an Italian team lets remember they are well capable of defending and catching Real Madrid on the break, but i would still say Real Madrid probably have two much quality going forward to not score goals against Roma. Chelsea will turn over Olympiakos at the Bridge IMO, Arsenal possibly may go to Milan and get something but id have to say Milan are now the favourites to go through. Man U look good after that 1-1 draw in lyon and Liverpool just really need to keep Inter out. As for Barca they seem to have already gone through lol. Both the English and Spanish teams looking good!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

2 out of the 3 spanish teams lost!!

although they will all probably go through they are hardly dominating :?

true say scotty but they scored away goals. Champions league has an interesting fetish for away goals.

hmmmm interestingly enough, maybe I was a bit overconfident in my foresight about Spanish teams.

Sevilla faced Fenerbache and lost through penalties. I didnt watch the game but I was convinced facing the Rojiblancos in home territory would be a daunting task for Fenerbache. Surely it was true, as the turkish side went down 2 goals in just two minutes. Both missile shots from Daniel Alves and Seidou Keita. Keita has a knack for strikes from distance. They scored another nice goal with an early cross into the box for Kanoute to head home. Fenerbache scored some lucky goals off two set-pieces and tied the aggregrate up and then won in the penalty. That was a damn shame, Sevilla should have won.

Roma against Real Madrid was prolly more of a thriller than Milan and Arsenal but a sad affair at the same time. Never have I see such cheating and devious butchery. After the sending off of Pepe, Roma took advantage and opened up the score sheet with a header in the second half. Los blancos, fueled by their ardent fans, retaliated and equalised within the next two minutes. They fought as hard as they could, dominating possession with 10 men. Unfortunately they failed to score another goal as Roma held back to defend and waste time through dirty dives. All hope was lost when one of these dives lead to a roma freekick as Vucinic shattered Madrid's run in the Champions league with a header into the back of the net.

The pace of the game - quicker than fire to forest - was unbelievably scinitillating though. Both teams attacking with astoundingly accurate one touch passes.

Aquilani was a madman. Two laser shots on target in just two minutes, one hitting off the woodwork and the other parried off by Casillas.

Robinho despite scoring two goals after coming off the bench from a long injury last week, still needed to recover his touch

Guti had a good game. He was commanding the attack with his passes and was the key reason for Madrid's dominant possession during the game.

Totti? Hahaha. When overly pressured by the merengues in their own half, totti came to his team's rescue. Taking control of the ball and expertly diving to earn a foul. I was unsure if he did dive or not, but the fog of uncertainty cleared up when he got up and showed a thumbs up sign to the coach. Brilliant move captain, you took charge of your team at the precise moment with absolute finesse.

It was a disgusting show. Each roma player took the stage, diving around in a tutu. Eh what can you do? Hook or crook, it is a game of strategy and it worked out for Roma this time.

Barcelona was the only spanish team that went through. They won 1-0 against Celtic yesterday, scoring in just 2 minutes, it was too good. Barcelona held possession from the get go with the back of the net on their sights. Messi, the playmaker, had a couple of one two's back to him to settle the offence, then cut into the middle gave it off to Xavi, Xavi lays it off to Ronaldinho who does a ridiculous no look throughball on to an overlapping Sylvinho. Slyvinho, who had an outstanding game against the celtic, crossed it on the run for Xavi to flick into the net. It was a sick buildup to an amazing goal but sadly it was the only goal scored.

The victory was definitely overshadowed by a serious injury to the Argentinian phenom during the game. The Celtics came in with a physical gameplan, as a result Messi had to suffer couple of knocks during the first half. The most serious one was at the 28th minute when he collided awkwardly with an opposing defender. He braved it out though, got up and played on but soon he realized that disaster had struck. It is the same injury as the one in December so he is ruled out for the next 6 weeks. That is devastating for anyone. The one player barca needed got injured again. There was speculation that this was going to happen when Rijkaard opt to bench him against atletico. The fans didnt hear of it and pressured rijkaard to start him. Look what happened. Messi was probably rushed through injury if he suffered the same one again. Hopefully this time he is allowed to rest and heal up completely.

I didnt see anything from Ronaldinho in the first half, apart from playing a role in the winning goal. That was mostly because the ball was always on the right flank, with Messi being the focal point of the attack. Last year, it was mostly Ronaldinho who started the attack on the left wing. This year things are different as Ronaldinho was off form and Messi took the spotlight, emerging as the saviour of the team in many games.

The second half was interesting to watch. Ronaldinho was wisely left in his proper position, with Henry in the middle and Eto'o on the right. Now Ronaldinho saw most of the ball and is beginning to convince me alot more. He has lost his pace but his shots were on target and passes still brilliant and flashy. His dribbling was effective as he took on defenders and didnt lose the ball alot. His touch is still marvelous, are you kidding me? Have you seen him control a long pass, ball hits his foot like foam and settles without resistance. Incredible! I dont really care what you haters say but I have complete faith that he is going to step up now that Messi is injured.