Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Dida the drama queen

Can you believe those limp wristed hair-dressers at UEFA have reduced his suspension down to a 1 match ban.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

what!?! did he have a meeting with UEFA and go into it in a neck-brace or something? it should've been more simply for being an embarrassment to men in general

pffft. That's ridiculous, if you ask me, he needed an extra 1 match ban, not reduced to 1.

Two things:

1) There's already a topic on this. There is no need to make another topic just to get the point across.

2) Dida's suspension is actually still 2 games, just that the first game is a probationary test to see if he's good enough to be able to only have 1 game suspension as opposed to two.

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
Two things:

1) There's already a topic on this. There is no need to make another topic just to get the point across.

2) Dida's suspension is actually still 2 games, just that the first game is a probationary test to see if he's good enough to be able to only have 1 game suspension as opposed to two.

You are just splitting hairs with your second point. The ruling according to UEFA states that the 2nd game of the suspension is deferred for a period of 12 months. It will only be enforced if he does something similar again.

If he does something similar, there should be another hearing and another suspension. UEFA have just bottled out on making a big decision as usual.

From UEFA.com
UEFA's Appeals Body has partially upheld the appeal lodged by AC Milan against the two-match ban given to Milan goalkeeper Dida last week in the wake of events at the UEFA Champions League Group D game between Celtic FC and the Rossoneri in Glasgow on 3 October.

Probationary period
Following Monday's appeals hearing, Dida is suspended for two matches, but one of the games will be deferred for a probationary period of one year. Dida misses Milan's Group D home fixture against FC Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday.

Principles of conduct
Brazilian international Dida, 34, was banned for two matches by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body after the instigation of proceedings on the basis of Article 5, paragraph 1 of the UEFA disciplinary regulations (Principles of conduct) – under which "member associations, clubs, as well as their players, officials and members, shall conduct themselves according to the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship".

On best behaviour
However, the Appeals Body has ruled that one game of the two-match punishment will be deferred for a one-year period until 21 October 2008. Therefore Dida will only serve the second part of his suspension if he commits a similar offence between now and then. The Appeals Body took note that Dida expressed his sincere regrets as regards his conduct.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Really now. Well, in my opinion (Milan's opinion), it would've been better off if he was banned 2 matches straight cuz they are playing Shaktar again anyways and I highly doubt that they will pose more of a threat than Celtic or Benfica (even though they are ahead by 1 point).

can u beleive UEFA? Only a 2 match ban? What the hell? That is the most blatant fake since Rivaldo.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

It would have been higher if he was a regular diver I think.

yeah probably
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
Really now. Well, in my opinion (Milan's opinion), it would've been better off if he was banned 2 matches straight cuz they are playing Shaktar again anyways and I highly doubt that they will pose more of a threat than Celtic or Benfica (even though they are ahead by 1 point).

The only way a straight 2 match ban would be better is if the 2nd match was in a more important match. That 2nd match suspension will only happen if he 'does a Ronaldo' again.

So from what you are saying, there is a real possibility that he will do this again?

It's Dida, you never know. He gets hit in the face with a firecracker and gets hit with a tiny touch to the face and reacts the same way. Makes you wonder...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Yep i think so. he's such a diver. Bastard! Bum! Hobo! Biartch! Fuguggler!
BullShit Artist!

sorry guys i like calling people names.

and to Rzad yes it does make u think.........

I don't know why people like to bash Dida at everything he do, even the commentators mocked him at times. Is it the way he look?

I thought someone that respected as a player would react differently. At first i thought he fell down so he didnt get kicked out for beating the guy, maybe thats what he tried to do...

But he obviously didnt sell his injury that well.
sig by 2brown347

ballackfan wrote:
I don't know why people like to bash Dida at everything he do, even the commentators mocked him at times. Is it the way he look?

are you kidding me? have you seen his theatrics?