Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Liverpool FC vs. Besiktas JK

I just finished watchin the game, and im not a Liverpool supporter, nor am i a huge EPL fan but that game i think should make some other bigger clubs(including Barcelona :shock: ) be worried... I think they might have set a Champs League record(not sure) but i know Babel had 2 and so did Crouch, Benayoun had 3 really nice goals and Gerrard also had one. Most of the liverpool goals were of rebounds from the keeper that could not catch a ball to save his life all night.

Goal of the match would have to be Babel(who almost had 3 but his header hit the crossbar) with the nice back-of-the-heel goal. :D
sig by 2brown347

WOAH. I'm so disappointed I couldn't see that. 8-0. wow. That's a record right? But I'm pretty sure Liverpool played for their life because they really needed the win.

yeh its a record. Yossi save some of those goals for russia!

Yeh good 8-0 thrashing let just keep this form up. Babel showed where his real position is after making a great performance when he came on. Yossi had some great finishing. Reina looked like he could drop to the fall and go to bed for half of it.

Its amazing how we lost 2-1 two weeks ago to this team but lets keep it going. Babel and crouch showed they show start up from this weekedn against fulham.

Only two more we need to win now. Again good performance lads lets just see more.

And kaka yeh if we lost we were out and if we drew we were bacially out but still in thechnially.

DANG! Man I was watching this until halftime...then i went upstairs to play fifa 08...didnt think there would be six more goals! :(
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Good performance. Benayoun, Mascherano, and Crouch were a class act. This result is a good confidence booster for the whole team. Babel's first goal was simply exceptional. The atmosphere was immense. All in all, a good evening for the Reds and supporters.

God only knows who Rafa will choose to play on Saturday.

My cable went out two minutes into the second half, so I missed all the fun... Hopefully Arsenal can take back their record tomorrow.

God damn brewery!!!

Wasn't it Man U's record with the 7-0 over Roma?
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

Hugh wrote:
Wasn't it Man U's record with the 7-0 over Roma?

7-1 I believe.

In the 1960s, Ipswich scored 10 goals in a European Cup match (10-0 at home, 4-1 away)...and that was when it was a competition for Champions only.

So Liverpools score is only a record if you take selective parts of history.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ratherton wrote:
In the 1960s, Ipswich scored 10 goals in a European Cup match (10-0 at home, 4-1 away)...and that was when it was a competition for Champions only.

So Liverpools score is only a record if you take selective parts of history.

well if we are talking about history i believe liverpool beat a side but 11 goals (11-0) in the old europien so if anyone has scored twelleve i believe we hold the record for that aswell

I really think mascherano makes a big difference. He took a lot of balls from besiktas players before they get to the defense and he restart the attack very fast. Also gerrard can now play more has a attacking midfielder because he has someone behind.

Benayoun had everything perfect yesteday, the shooting the positioning the passing.. great game even if the other team defense stopped playing at the end

credits to AmericanFutballer

omg arsenal just held the record of 7-0 for just a couple of weeks...... :(

No-one has won by 11 clear goals in the European Cup/Champions League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_Champions_League_records_and_statistics#Records_and_trivia

The UEFA Cup has some bigger scores

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Cup_records_and_statistics

...and remember, until the Champions League, that was a very difficult cup to win.

The Liverpool victory was 11-0 but I assume it was in the UEFA Cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C.#Records_and_statistics

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

The Cup Winners Cup it was, I do believe.

The record they set was only pertaining to this years Champs, i dont think it was in all of the Champs League history...
sig by 2brown347