Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Euro 2008 official Matchball

Davidson9 wrote:
$129 holy crap, why is it so expensive

That's the price of every "Official Match Ball" these days.
On the plus side, here's the old Aerow ball discounted 50% :) :
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-005-009-400&DEPT=5&BRAND=9&SS=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pXuBibPeeU&eurl=

a video about the process of making the ball, its really interesting

heres another one about the Teamgiest, its cool too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSpJJhgAxh8&eurl=

EDIT: The RoboFoot thing is really cool
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Just ordered the ball, I will let you know how it feels.

DouDou wrote:
Just ordered the ball, I will let you know how it feels.

ok thanks :D how much is it in Euro's
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

I live in New Jersey mate, I payed for it in US dollars, $130. So it should be around 90 euros.

I think that looks really nice, im loving that adidas are keeping those curved panels, like with the world cup 06 match ball and the champ's league ball. I just want to jump into the picture and kick it!
Only real footballers could fight like this.

I got the ball this morning, I kicked it around my living room, it is really nice, I think I like the my WC Teamgeist better though, just because it was the first ball with 14 panels

You have to be retarded to pay $130 for a football.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Davidson9 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pXuBibPeeU&eurl=

a video about the process of making the ball, its really interesting

heres another one about the Teamgiest, its cool too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSpJJhgAxh8&eurl=

EDIT: The RoboFoot thing is really cool

i cant beleive how frustrating doing that thing where they paint the stickers would be

if i was doing that for 12 hours a day i would never kick a football again

hah yea but the videos where really nice to watch thnx 4 tha links

ratherton wrote:

No need to be mean mate, it is a free world, i am not using your money to buy the ball, besides Official match balls are of superior quality and last much longer. I have had my WC Teamgeist for about 18 months now, I use it 3-4 times a week and it still feels and looks great, so overall i think an official match balls is a better investment than a replica.

DouDou wrote:
ratherton wrote:

No need to be mean mate, it is a free world, i am not using your money to buy the ball, besides Official match balls are of superior quality and last much longer. I have had my WC Teamgeist for about 18 months now, I use it 3-4 times a week and it still feels and looks great, so overall i think an official match balls is a better investment than a replica.

Just my opinion, thats all. Manufacturers are just exploiting people with all these must have items. Its just a ball with different patterns on it. As long as its regulation weight, size and keeps its shape, thats all that matters and you don't need to spend that much.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ratherton wrote:
DouDou wrote:
ratherton wrote:

Just my opinion, thats all. Manufacturers are just exploiting people with all these must have items. Its just a ball with different patterns on it. As long as its regulation weight, size and keeps its shape, thats all that matters and you don't need to spend that much.

why not if you can afford it? personnaly i wouldnt but people pay ridiculous amounts off money on stupider things. i dont think you should slate people for for paying £70 for a ball because it sounds like he's getting good use out of it and its his hobby/passion/life whatever you want to call it

theres no question they are better quality. same with boots. dont know about you but when i buy boots (predators for example) i would buy the top of the absolutes insted of the absolados or whatever for the same reason they are better quality

It's like the same thing as if a musician buys a guitar. If he pays lots of money for it, nobody thinks it's stupid because that's his passion. If you buy an expensive ball than nobody should care unless they're some kind of jealous twat(not that you are one, ratherton).

The ball seems really nice and its similar to the World Cup 06' ball so im sure it performs well. Personally i would not buy a ball that expensive because i would be too afraid of popping it or damaging it but if someone really likes that ball then i dont see any problem with buying it.