Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Pub side coming down under...

Apparently, there are negociations to try to arrange a friendly at the end of May between England and Australia.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

australlia probley want to just boost there confidence with an easy win. Remember 2003 at upton park? What was it 4-1 or 3-1 aussis ?

Yeah and I remember the comment from the Swede sometime later

"If I'd know Australia were going to take the game so seriously, we wouldn't have played them"

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

I hope we do play. We'll get snapped, but it'll be fun watching Grella against Gerrard.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Personally, I think its an amazingly stupid idea to come all that way to play a friendly. Hopefully, Capello will put an end to this idea.

If England do come, I would imagine they would look to play at least 2 games so it may be a 3-way mini tournament.

I certainly wouldn't imagine a full strength side would come over - I would imagine it will mainly consist of 'B' squad players.

ratherton wrote:
Personally, I think its an amazingly stupid idea to come all that way to play a friendly. Hopefully, Capello will put an end to this idea.

If England do come, I would imagine they would look to play at least 2 games so it may be a 3-way mini tournament.

I certainly wouldn't imagine a full strength side would come over - I would imagine it will mainly consist of 'B' squad players.

You seem to like nicknames, does Capello deserve one?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

rzadzinski wrote:
ratherton wrote:

I think he has to screw up with England to get a nickname like "Ginger Sven" had... :wink:
sig by 2brown347

rzadzinski wrote:
ratherton wrote:

Not at the moment. The nicknames are awarded to those who deserve to be ridiculed.

Capello deserves the utmost respect for his track record so far. If he can't get England to the level they should be at, no-one can.

ratherton wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
ratherton wrote:

Not at the moment. The nicknames are awarded to those who deserve to be ridiculed.

Capello deserves the utmost respect for his track record so far. If he can't get England to the level they should be at, no-one can.

question is, what level should the be at?
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

what do you think. Like brazil, argentina league. At the moment were more like andorra league

We should be at a level where we are hot favorite everytime to win the world cups and euros.

But capello said he wont favour any players and there will be a clean slate for all players to impress - which is the most sense an england manager has made in nearly a decade probley.

rzadzinski wrote:
ratherton wrote:

Capello's the godfather

he's the main man now not players like gerrard lampard or terry

cant wait to see what happens if (when) he drops gerrard or lampard

i dont think he'll be for a pointless game against australia

he'll want a serious game so that he can see what he's got (or not)

ScottyBoy wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
ratherton wrote:

Capello's the godfather

he's the main man now not players like gerrard lampard or terry

cant wait to see what happens if (when) he drops gerrard or lampard

i dont think he'll be for a pointless game against australia

he'll want a serious game so that he can see what he's got (or not)

I agree completely.

It makes sense what ScottyBoy is sayin, if Capello is able to knock John Terry or Frank Lampard back down to earth, and take both of there footballing egos out of the way he should great results with England.
sig by 2brown347