Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Gold Coast Galaxy (A League)

On the news tonight I heard that Gold Coast will be participating in the A-League in the comming years. I just wanted to know if this is true and if it is your thoughts on it.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

it is in progress, may get the go ahead. New teams have performed, wellington have played ok and played good football, although it would be hard to see the gold coast perform without filling up their squad with brazilians. I think not good idea, i cant say how popular football is there, but i know here in sydney and nsw in general they could add at least 1 or 2 more teams, it is very popular and i dont think 1 team for the whole city is enough. I dont like the name, sounds like they are still trying to ride off the popularity of the La Galaxy when they visited.

Hope they make a GC team. If they played the Roar, its easy too drivee to, home or away!
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

I hear that ^^^^^^. If NSW have the ability to ad 1 or 2 more teams than great! with only 8 teams it's just not enough...
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

I meean, how can U call it a league with 8 teams?

Offtopic: EnSoUl check ur Private Messages. :wink:
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

i dont know about the gold coast but there are definently going to be some added teams. townsville will probably put a team in next season and canberra too.

^^^^^ yeah I heard about that as well, in the courier mail it said the scouting system would be put under enormous strain because of the addition of Townsville 'Thunder' F.C, and Gold Coast Galaxy. Also Sydney is going to have another team, and also I'm pretty sure Geelong in Vic are going to participate.

Absolutely fantastic news imo, as long as the standard of the matches aren't reduced by the spread of players among the new teams...I'm all for having larger leagues, and it's fantastic that football is really taking off in Australia (as much as the Galaxy sounds like a super-duper name for a beachy team, well at-least I think the Gold Coast is on the beach...is it? Yes I'm an Australian, shhh. :P )..but you have to take into consideration player distribution and crowd-levels being mantained between clubs...I mean I was in the mindset that Sydney FC attendance records would skyrocket after the LA Galaxy match, yet instead they plummeted unfortunately...

It's like the Australian public is fickle over the results they receive!! You can't win everytime, unless you're the Jets or Liverpool of course. :P

keller8 wrote:

Canadian Football league (American football). That's a league with under 10 team. :?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

rzadzinski wrote:
keller8 wrote:

Canadian Football league (American football). That's a league with under 10 team. :?

They don't use a point based system so its a lot different.

ForzaMilan wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
keller8 wrote:

Huh? They still get points?

2 for a win, 1 for a tie.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

rzadzinski wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
keller8 wrote:

I guess they do in Canada, but not in the US.

ForzaMilan wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
keller8 wrote:

I guess they do in Canada, but not in the US.

Yeah it's still mostly based on records of win-loss, no one really counts points.
But still 8 teams or whatever we have is pretty pathetic, but it's still an okay league.

-Alexander Ovechkin

rzadzinski wrote:
keller8 wrote:

actually there is a difference between CFL and NFL, when we first invented Canadian Football it was made to be more popular amongst fans of rugby, thats why the ball is much fatter, watch old CFL tapes and you'll see what i mean
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Davidson9 wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
keller8 wrote:

actually there is a difference between CFL and NFL, when we first invented Canadian Football it was made to be more popular amongst fans of rugby, thats why the ball is much fatter, watch old CFL tapes and you'll see what i mean

Yeah I know what you mean, didn't work though. And our ball is still larger now than the NFL.

-Alexander Ovechkin