Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

in pro socca, how hard do they pump the balls??

do they pump it so hard that there are no pressure points? and should i pump it like that?

delone wrote:
do they pump it so hard that there are no pressure points? and should i pump it like that?

I doubt they pump it that much, the ball shouldn't be a rock.

It should be so that it's firm, so you can still push it in a bit, but you have to make a pretty good effort to do so.

O.K. you've been here long enough to know that that question was not important enough to be a thread. Wall Of Shame? Or at least lock this? I'm sorry delone, no offense or anything, but you make the most pointless topics. And tho answer your question, if the ball is not flat, you're fine. It's not going to affect your game that much. First work on your skill before you start making sure that the ball is pumped up at the right pressure level. But Foza Milan is right, but it's a bitch to get it that way :P .

BGbeast23 wrote:
O.K. you've been here long enough to know that that question was not important enough to be a thread. Wall Of Shame? Or at least lock this? I'm sorry delone, no offense or anything, but you make the most pointless topics. And tho answer your question, if the ball is not flat, you're fine. It's not going to affect your game that much. First work on your skill before you start making sure that the ball is pumped up at the right pressure level. But Foza Milan is right, but it's a bitch to get it that way :P .

Saved me using lots of foul words BGBeast. Although it really is a bitch to get balls pumped right, I always end up 1) breaking the needle 2) pumping it so much the core deflates or 3) puncturing the core while breaking the needle simultaneously.

BGbeast23 wrote:

dude I'm so sick and tired of people goin on and on about pointless posts. Just answer the question and don't give the other crap. I don't understand how it is even a bad question? To me it was important enough to start a thread.

Sorry for that, I'm a little bipolar sometimes and over react :oops: . But seriously the question was answered by ForzaMilan, so let's just move on. All I was saying was that the ball pressure sholudn't matter that much, as long as you have the skill.

Yea as long as you have the right technique you should be ok, if your shooting technique isnt too great then you will find it hard adjusting to a hard ball it can really hurt your feet!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

I would have to say maybe 1-2 psi lower than the suggested psi on the ball. I have tried to pump one up to sugggested psi and lemme tell u it is to hard to kick!

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

PSI?! What's a PSI? Poseidon Scientific Instruments? url]http://www.psi.com.au/[/url]? We don't get those on our balls here in Australia. At-least I don't think we do...=P[

It's a unit for pressure. PSI and BAR are 2 different units. PSI=Pounds per Square Inch.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Alexio1092 wrote:
PSI?! What's a PSI? Poseidon Scientific Instruments? url]http://www.psi.com.au/[/url]? We don't get those on our balls here in Australia. At-least I don't think we do...=P[

oops ya sorry forgot to mention that...

heres the official stats:

Qualities and Measurements:

The ball is:

sphrerical

made of leather or other suitable material

of a circumference of not more than 70 cm (28 ins) and not less than 68cm (27 ins)

not more than 450 g (16 oz) in weight and not less than 410g (14 oz) at the start of the match

of a pressure equal to 0.6 -1.1 atmosphere (600-1000 g/cm2) at sea level (8.5 lbs/sq in a5.6 lbs/sq in)

there u go folks. right out of the officials handbook (quite literely! :D )

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

this is a funny post man this guys asked heaps of questions about footballs the last one was can balls with a hole in them be pumped up and used again

BGbeast23 wrote:
Sorry for that, I'm a little bipolar sometimes and over react :oops: . But seriously the question was answered by ForzaMilan, so let's just move on. All I was saying was that the ball pressure sholudn't matter that much, as long as you have the skill.
I know this is an old topic and I know this is kinda useless to point out, but he wasn't asking how to pump upvthe ball or how much or anything like that, he was asking how they do it in the pro league... Again, sorry for posting in an old topic. Cheers :D

Im posting in an old topic, im aware of that.
A normal bought ball has nothing to do with the rock balls we play around here. Omfg... i can make a perfect shot in both left and right side from 30 meters using a normal bought ball and completely full.. but those balls of the championship are a curse.. they are rocks and im not kidding or exaggerating, as i said i have a very good shotting technique which im proud of but with those i can't even shot from the 16 meters mark, without breaking a nail.. I posted this just for the record and to take this out of myself. xD

I bought this http://www.kwikgoal.com/product/PG-3/pressure_gauge.html. Any reliable brand name will do, just follow the specifications on the ball. There are display balls, skills balls, training balls, match balls,etc. all have different pressure ranges that make them playable. Many of the match balls are much harder at maximum allowable pressure than most people realize. I personaly use Nike Geo Merlin, TeamGeist & Europass match balls.