Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Tasmania

What do u guys think about Tassie getting a team in the A leaguein the future? People seem to be talking about gold coast teams and all that, but seem to totally overlook a whole state?

Crowd numbers wouldn't compete with mainland teams but Tasmanian sports teams have proven that they are more than capable of matching mainland teams in terms of skill in the past. For me the most important thing that should be looked at here is that without an A league team and being more isolated than other states, Tassie players will find it very difficult to further their careers and get opportunities to prove themselves at a higher level.

This is a source of players that is left untapped by the FFA, opinions?

an 11 year old kid from tassie was on the news this morning. he got in trouble with the law and got arrested for arson haha but thats off the topic. YES I agree tassie deserves a place in the a league. I actually think every state should have the right to have at least one side in the a league that should be mandatory

Tasmanians dont compete much in national competitions. I think they should contribute and give some the people down there an opportunity to play good football.
Yes i agree with you nz, there should be more teams around, preferably from all around Australia and not just areas around Sydney. Theres alot of places with good rugby stadiums and afl feilds where a league teams can play. And New Zealand could add one or two more teams for the A-league as well. The sooner they get more teams in the league the better.
Sig by me

Had2bHarry wrote:
Tasmanians dont compete much in national competitions. I think they should contribute and give some the people down there an opportunity to play good football.
Yes i agree with you nz, there should be more teams around, preferably from all around Australia and not just areas around Sydney. Theres alot of places with good rugby stadiums and afl feilds where a league teams can play. And New Zealand could add one or two more teams for the A-league as well. The sooner they get more teams in the league the better.

The FFA's pretty much strapped for cash though, Harry. So I wouldn't plan on any more than 2 new teams for the V4 Season just yet. Although even if we do get new teams, they'll all be derbies, too!! :lol:

Derbies (according to commentators mostly) -

NZ - Everyone (who likes a kiwi, jk :P)
Syd vs QLD
Syd vs CCM
Syd vs Jets
CCM vs Jets

Melbourne - Sydney (they should just leave it as a rivalry..)
Melbourne - Adelaide (again, see above)
Adelaide vs Jets (for whatever reason :? )

It's confusing how they label almost every single match in the A-League as a derby, I mean they were going on about Roar vs Phoenix as a heated rivalry & derby..I mean they're what, 4-5 hours away?

Reference: Bold notations signify "actual" derbies in my opinion, they're all located on the F3 Highway.

Had2bHarry wrote:

Yeah but it will be a while before new zealand manages to introduce another team into the a league it was hard enough getting the phoenix into it they may have come last but they had their moments and I think will come out better next season