Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Will a futsal ball help your juggling?

I'm looking to get a "skill ball" the size 3's that are heavy and dont bounce. I was told if you juggle with this it will help you when you juggle with a regular ball. Is this true? I am not to good at juggling now. Will getting a skill ball help my juggling?

DeuceDempsey23 wrote:
I'm looking to get a "skill ball" the size 3's that are heavy and dont bounce. I was told if you juggle with this it will help you when you juggle with a regular ball. Is this true? I am not to good at juggling now. Will getting a skill ball help my juggling?

What kind of skill ball were you looking at mate? It'd probably improve your strength if it were heavier, but I'm not one for using smaller balls. I prefer to use Size 5 usual balls so when it knuckles down to game-time I'll be familiar when using it for all aspects of my game (tricks, passing, shooting, seal-dribbling :P etc).

YES, it does help. I bought a Skill Ball size 1, and I only being practicing for 40 minutes with it........and when I tried the new ball, the regular ball was so big for me....!!!!!!!! I always find the regular ball size 5, was too small......But when I got use to Skill Ball size 1, it felt awesome! :D

Using a smaller ball to juggle and control (dribbling and body fakes) will improve your control drastically. I recommend everyone incorporate at least 20-30 minutes of a smaller ball into their technical regime. You will get really good at juggling and find it easier to make soft touches -- the ball will feel "glued" to your foot. I messed around with a size 1 all summer and I improved so much. It wasn't even proper training for most of the time!

Now, I don't know if getting a heavy ball will help you much with juggling, though. You'll be training yourself to kick harder than you have to which is not a good thing. You're better off with a normal size 1 or a tennis ball.

The only thing I will be using the ball for is juggling. One of my friends had it and its heavy but i would never try to dribble or shoot with it. I would think it would help because it will feel heavier and that way when you use a regular ball you will be usd to juggling the ball lower and have better control.

I have juggled with this ball for a little bit with him and noticed I was juggling alot better but I knew it was because it was heavier and its wasnt going crazy like it usually does when I juggle with a regular size 5 ball.

But I am trying to figure out if practicing 30 minutes with the weighted skill ball instead of what I do now, juggle for 30 minutes with the regular ball, will help me in the long run. When i juggle now I don't really feel like I am getting anywhere because I will do good sometimes but other times the ball goes crazy all over the place and I can't control it.

Has anyone had success with juggling from using the skill ball?

If you are just talking about a futsal ball then it should help you quite a bit. They are weighted so they don't have as much bounce because of the surfaces you play futsal on, but thats beside the point. I have one and juggle with it sometimes and I'm not sure how much it's helped me, but it is much easier to do tricks with.