Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Arsenal 2-0 AC Milan

:D :D :D
Milan got what they deserved: A spanking
Next up Inter Milan :D

WOOOOOH!

what a game and arsenal deserved this. great game boys. lets take it all the way

awesome awesome game. We almost didn't get what we deserved but it was a great outcome. This just may be our year.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

What an upset. Wow this was one of those crazy games that are decided in the final 10 minutes.

Thats the crucial point when the mind starts to wear off. Kalacj was prolly expecting draw and the game to go through to overtime, which is why he reacted so slowly to Fabregas's strike.

Kudos to Fabregas though, everyone expected him to step up and he took the stage tonight. Sweet passes and that brilliant strike.

Walcott set up a nice goal for Addebayor too. He is beginning to show promise again.

Remarkable game.

Holy Hell! Thats impressive that they beat em and home, Milan didnt have Seedorf or Emerson but from what i read they were dead even on total shots...
sig by 2brown347

Wait I didn't see the game but I was quite surprised by the scoreline? Did Milan even put up a fight? And did Van Persie play and if he did did he make an impact or anything like that?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=233735&cc=5901

Heres a link to the game report, by the way Barca went throught 4-2 on agg! :wink:

Vanpersie never came in (odd descision) but Arsenal really pressed against the backline because they were offsides 9 times during the game. The winning goal was Fabregas side steppin Gattuso and puttin it in the bottom right...
sig by 2brown347

The attacked constantly in the first half hour of the game. Arsenal werent even able to get the ball out of their own half. Milan's passing and gameplay was pretty solid but Arsenal slowly started to pick up the tempo sneaking in shots on goals through quick counters

After the first half hour, Arsenal began to take control and speed up the pace.

After the half it became sort of a stalemate. Both teams fighting back and forth. The formations were packed tight, with no defence giving an inch.

Milan defended phenomenally until the goal. At one point, the whole team lined up across the field in front of the goal like a wall which was quite interesting to see.

However the goal in my opinion should be blamed on Kalac's laziness. He should have reacted quicker to the ball.

During the stoppage team Milan basically gave up and allowed the second goal.

ajc

barcahooligan wrote:
Vanpersie never came in (odd descision)
There was no need to bring in Van Persie. The man that could've been taken off was Hleb, or Wenger could've taken off Diaby and shifted Hleb out wide, but that would've created two out and out strikers on the pitch which would've made it harder to defend as a unit like they did. Adebayor was the only player who wasn't constantly contributing defensively. However, had it gone to extra time Van Persie certainly would've entered at some stage so he'd have been available to take a penalty if necessary.

I thought Arsenal and Flamini in particular did an outstanding job containing Kaka. The frustration they caused to Kaka was epitomized in the manner he received his booking. Fabregas had some fantastic tackles as well. The work rate of Arsenal's entire midfield was integral in the victory.

How about Hleb getting booked for diving? That was quite a decision by the referee. Surely he can be thankful Arsenal prevailed in spite of that call.

After this game, is Fabregas the best midfielder in Europe? There's certainly a strong case for it.
Click it

ajc wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:
Vanpersie never came in (odd descision)
There was no need to bring in Van Persie. The man that could've been taken off was Hleb, or Wenger could've taken off Diaby and shifted Hleb out wide, but that would've created two out and out strikers on the pitch which would've made it harder to defend as a unit like they did. Adebayor was the only player who wasn't constantly contributing defensively. However, had it gone to extra time Van Persie certainly would've entered at some stage so he'd have been available to take a penalty if necessary.

I thought Arsenal and Flamini in particular did an outstanding job containing Kaka. The frustration they caused to Kaka was epitomized in the manner he received his booking. Fabregas had some fantastic tackles as well. The work rate of Arsenal's entire midfield was integral in the victory.

How about Hleb getting booked for diving? That was quite a decision by the referee. Surely he can be thankful Arsenal prevailed in spite of that call.

After this game, is Fabregas the best midfielder in Europe? There's certainly a strong case for it.

I agree in every way, and I do really believe that Fab can lead them to a spot in the last 4, at least, as for him being the best in europe, I would say he has established himself in the top class that Arsenal fans have been waiting for, so I would say that he would have to be in the Top 4.

Great game overall
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Well, I'm disappointed but you could tell Milan was not hungry for the win. They tried for the first half hour, but as soon as they didn't get a result they just defended deep, pretty poorly at that.

Milan get their revenge on Liverpool last year, and this year they did not want it as much.

With the Club World Cup, they had to reschedule some of their games, and in January or February, they played 13 games in 40 days, which is way too much for a team of any level to endure. Not to mention their problems with injury(which increase with the extra games played). Pato,Kaka,Inzaghi,Ronaldo,Seedorf,Emerson,Dida,and Jankulovski have all been injured, which does not allow anyone to get on a good form.

If Milan don't get 4th, I don't see Ancelotti sticking around for next season. I don't mind him staying, but if he did go I would like to Marcelo Lippi or Mourinho replace him.

Great performance by Arsenal Fabregas really was different gravy last night, he deserved a 10 out of 10 rating for his performance last night, adebayor and hleb were also very good, they all played well in fact and IMO 2-0 was a fair result.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

I didn't see the match as I was at the football festival of Ipswich v Sheffield United but I don't see why this is such an upset - Francenal are top of the Premier League and Milan are 5th in Serie A ???

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Ic3

One thing that bothered me is that Pato was still in at the end of the game!

I don't see why Ancelotti didn't replace him, he didn't do anything, and the one major chance he had he blew. He is too inexperienced to play in such a game like this, so I thought it was a horrible move by the coach.

I really don't see how it was an upset either. Milan aren't playing too well this year but most were favoring them because they hadnt lost at home to an English team, ever, and they are the defending European champs. Arsenal dominated the first match so idk how everyone didn't see this result coming. Sure, Milan could make a case for injuries, but so could arsenal. Diaby was just coming off an injury, he started, and we were still without three starters, van persie, rosicky, and toure. Arsenal have been dealing with injuries all year, but we're still on top.

Does anyone else think this arsenal team are better than the team that reached the final two years ago?

Edit: I also didn't see any reason to bring in van persie unless it wentbinto extra time. I doubt he was fit enough to keep ip with the pace of the game without having to push himself too far. Another couple of days rest wont hurt.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry