My Horrible Prediction

UEFA Champions League

Moderator: Staff

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

My Horrible Prediction

Postby ScottyBoy » 01 Apr 2008, 19:24

Ok here goe.. i feel ashamed with world football. I think theres going to be an all english Champions league final. If it happens i said it here now and look great and if it doesnt then i'll be wrong yet optimistic a non english team will win it so im a winner either way.

Who does everyone else think will make it to the final now were at the last 8 :?:

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 01 Apr 2008, 19:28

i'm not sure how the table looks but if they don't get matched up earlier, i think it could be Manchester united playing Barcelona with Man U winning 3-1
Image

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Postby ScottyBoy » 01 Apr 2008, 19:34

soccer11 wrote:i'm not sure how the table looks but if they don't get matched up earlier, i think it could be Manchester united playing Barcelona with Man U winning 3-1
:lol: :lol: what table sorry :roll:

a man u barca final cant happen either they have to play in the semi's

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 01 Apr 2008, 19:38

ScottyBoy wrote:
soccer11 wrote:i'm not sure how the table looks but if they don't get matched up earlier, i think it could be Manchester united playing Barcelona with Man U winning 3-1
:lol: :lol: what table sorry :roll:

a man u barca final cant happen either they have to play in the semi's

ha yea that's what i meant. i couldn't find the word. i guess bracket is a better word, and yea i just heard that man u and barca would be playing in the semi's. but maybe an all english final. chelsea, pehaps, playing Man U
Image

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4596
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Postby Davidson9 » 01 Apr 2008, 19:41

That would be so boring, honestly, there both great teams, but i would hate an all english final, what about Fenerbahce vs. Schalke, two underdogs, that'd be good to see, but its unlikely

User avatar
nextlevel66
Veteran Member
Posts: 329
Joined: 07 Mar 2006, 00:49
Location: lumberton, NJ
Contact:

Postby nextlevel66 » 01 Apr 2008, 19:49

honestrly i wouldnt watch that final if fenerbache and schalke were playing
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Postby ScottyBoy » 01 Apr 2008, 20:01

Porto Monaco was a good final although it's alot less likely this years underdogs will get there, seeing as shalke are down at home


edit. barca are being dominated by shalke right now so they could keep it alive

User avatar
Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2933
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Postby Hugh » 01 Apr 2008, 23:09

It'll hardly be an English final since less than half the players on the pitch will be English.

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 01 Apr 2008, 23:17

Hugh wrote:It'll hardly be an English final since less than half the players on the pitch will be English.

ha true. well how about the most british of matchups then.

but anyways after watching most of the barca-shalke match, barca was lucky they won, but shalke was also lucky that barcelona only scored once. regardless, shalke shouldve won. they had so many chances. there were also so many yellow cards too. they'll have to be real careful next match.
Image

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Postby ScottyBoy » 02 Apr 2008, 22:38

Hugh wrote:It'll hardly be an English final since less than half the players on the pitch will be English.


:lol: fernabache only had 4 less english players on the pitch than chelsea

.. and the same number as arsenal

hopefully fernabache can hold off chelsea at the bridge although i doubt it. The turks just dont travel well

User avatar
ForzaMilan
Veteran Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 22 May 2007, 01:25

Postby ForzaMilan » 02 Apr 2008, 22:43

ScottyBoy wrote:
Hugh wrote:It'll hardly be an English final since less than half the players on the pitch will be English.


:lol: fernabache only had 4 less english players on the pitch than chelsea

.. and the same number as arsenal

hopefully fernabache can hold off chelsea at the bridge although i doubt it. The turks just dont travel well


Yeah they are unstoppable at home, but they can't get it done any where else.

Also, I've been really impressed with Deived. He always seems to come up big at the right time, I mean that goal against Chelsea in the 81' was incredible. I think we could see him somewhere else in the near future, although im not sure how old he is.
Image

User avatar
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 3018
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA
Contact:

Postby Croatianblood1 » 03 Apr 2008, 02:38

ForzaMilan wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:
Hugh wrote:It'll hardly be an English final since less than half the players on the pitch will be English.


:lol: fernabache only had 4 less english players on the pitch than chelsea

.. and the same number as arsenal

hopefully fernabache can hold off chelsea at the bridge although i doubt it. The turks just dont travel well


Yeah they are unstoppable at home, but they can't get it done any where else.

Also, I've been really impressed with Deived. He always seems to come up big at the right time, I mean that goal against Chelsea in the 81' was incredible. I think we could see him somewhere else in the near future, although im not sure how old he is.


Yeah Deived's shot was a real cracker, right in the top left corner. That was a good way to make up for that own goal he let up earlier in the game. I would like to Fenerbahce advance but I think Chelsea will get it done at home.
Image

User avatar
Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1774
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Postby Rulezzz » 03 Apr 2008, 08:20

ScottyBoy wrote:
Hugh wrote:It'll hardly be an English final since less than half the players on the pitch will be English.


:lol: fernabache only had 4 less english players on the pitch than chelsea

.. and the same number as arsenal

hopefully fernabache can hold off chelsea at the bridge although i doubt it. The turks just dont travel well


you know what the strange irony is? they had 3 more english players on the pitch, and 1 more english player than Arsenal, are you forgetting Colin Kazim-Richards? :P
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Postby ScottyBoy » 03 Apr 2008, 10:01

thats what im getting at...

walcott played did he not

User avatar
Rulezzz
Veteran Member
Posts: 1774
Joined: 22 Dec 2006, 13:36
Location: Surrey, England , UK

Postby Rulezzz » 03 Apr 2008, 14:57

ScottyBoy wrote:thats what im getting at...

walcott played did he not


ah yes my bad scotty i thought Chelsea played 4 english players in total, but im guessing they played 5? Walcott didnt play for long though.
Image
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.


Return to “Champs League”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests