Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Liverpool vs Arsenal

Me gut tells me Torres gonna score 2 tonight, with Benayoun scoring a 3rd.
Final Result Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal

Sounds reasonable, but maybe Arsenal pots two to make it interesting. I'd say Scoreline is 3-2, but the moneyline is a lot better tonight, if you're betting, like me. :P

Kuyt just put one in from Gerrard tying 1-1....It might be have been a own goal, not sure though... :?
sig by 2brown347

Nawh, looks like he got a piece.

Not shaping up right away, our scoreline... :shock:

Jesus I hope Torres scores and Liverpool win...some little douchebag at my school thinks he knows something about pro soccer and is like, "Man Torres doesn't have shit..." and "Liverpool are going to get raped by Arsenal".
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

yeh hes probley some man utd douche ... haha. Yhe 1st half proabley wont live long i the memory. I'm glad we've got the away goal now though so i hope we dont sit back and try defending. I still think this tie will be decided at anfield though.

Arsenal deserved to win. They deserved that penalty when Kuyt fouled Hleb but that was unfortunate. That other time when bendter stopped the ball from going in he wasnt offside, but carra saved it anyways i think. Liverpool defended excellently with all players giving it their all. I would say Kuyt is man of the match.

*~El Maestro~* wrote:
I would say Kuyt is man of the match.

Yeah definitely. He was running all over the pitch making plays. He scored to make the score level at 1-1 and he put forth a tremendous effort on defense. He did bring down Hleb in the box because he was grabbing onto his arm and I was surprised the ref didnt give the penalty because he was right behind them watching it happen. I don't think Hleb is a player who dives so it looked legitimate to me but the ref must have seen something different.

What happened to arsenal? they had all that possesion and they still couldnt score...Hleb should have gotton the penelty in the box, but the ref let bothsides play without a ton of calls......
sig by 2brown347

Mascherano is ridiculous. He was always on his toes. Snuffing out attacks from everywhere. Everytime any arsenal player had posession of the ball, mascherano would close him down. Crucial on the defensive today.

Excellent passes too. At one point, it was him, Alonso and Gerrard surrounded by arsenal players in the midfield. Those three linked up perfectly and passed the ball out to safety.

Liverpool was defensive. Around 6 staying back to defend. Near the end Benitez decided to hold the game down for a tie, when he brought on voronin for torres.

Liverpool's defence was tight. Arsenal tried hard to break them down but Liverpool held it down.

Arsenal had a nice possession game. Strung up the most beautiful passes on the attack.

lol Bendtner cant get a break eh?

Liverpool have the advantage.

Wanderer, I love your sig.
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

i hate liverpool but mascherano did play really good. he's such a hard tackler. all he needs to do is modify his attitude.
as for the match, i actually enjoyed watching it. i was really pissed when that idiot ref didn't call the penalty though. he dragged him down, plain and simple. the next game is going to be interesting to say the least

That was crazy when Hleb dribbled 5 guys, I thought he deserved a penalty just for that. I must say great job by Gerrard setting up Kuyt, that was almost as sick as Hleb's run.

Theo Walcott's shot gave me shivers. :x

After this kind of effort and display,Marco vanbasten should definetly take Kuyt for euro 08....
sig by 2brown347

barcahooligan wrote:
After this kind of effort and display,Marco vanbasten should definetly take Kuyt for euro 08....

Yeah I agree. I think Kuyt is an underrated player.