Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Liverpool vs Arsenal

barcahooligan wrote:
After this kind of effort and display,Marco vanbasten should definetly take Kuyt for euro 08....

Your not serious rite.. :shock:

Arsenal deserved to win. I dislike Benitez even more after this type of 10 men behind the ball playin. Arsenal needs someone to put the ball in the net, and Adebayor needs to regrow his hair..Neway, heres hopin Arsenal wins the return leg 2-0..

I thought I was the only one who believed he lost his skill with his hair :shock: I like a few of the liverpool players but one good game from Kuyt isn't enough to replace a the mediocre ones.

Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:
After this kind of effort and display,Marco vanbasten should definetly take Kuyt for euro 08....

Arsenal deserved to win. I dislike Benitez even more after this type of 10 men behind the ball playin. Arsenal needs someone to put the ball in the net, and Adebayor needs to regrow his hair..Neway, heres hopin Arsenal wins the return leg 2-0..

says a liverpool supporter..... A disgrace.

Anyway about the match, we didnt play well but we got the goal. I'm happy with that. There was no doubt that we'd be on the back foot for alot of the game and same goes for arsenal when they come to us. Benitez was smart for making the defense and midfield alot more compact towards the last 30 - 35 mins of the game. I also liked the idea of putting torres on the last man if anyone noticed. A few times arsenal piled alot of men forward and with one killer pass over the top to torres and he could have sealed the game. Pitty it didnt quite come off but nearly did on a few occations.

You dont have to play pretty football to get a result with is why im happy. I mean would you rather a team play in a wicked attacking display and get a bad result or play defensive an achieve what you set out for.

Taking them back to anfield is a really advantage with kuyt's away goal. I still dont like the way people are saying we are favorites now. Remeber benfica ? So i hope we just keep our head's screwed on and take the game to arsenal with a fast tempo as we usually start with anfield.

My prediction is 2-0 at anfield to liverpool. I just think torres will be too much for them here. He's in quality form right now at anfield.

P.S. Is anyone interested in to whom arsenal and liverpool will field on saturday baring in mind the game just gone and the one next week. We have torres and masch suspended so they should be looking fresh for tuesday. I personally think we should igve crouch atleast a half on saturday just to see what kind of problems he can give arsenal. They have quickish defenders but maybe trying to cope with the speed of torres and the physical presence of crocuh maybe be abit too much ?

powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

Anyway about the match, we didnt play well but we got the goal. I'm happy with that. There was no doubt that we'd be on the back foot for alot of the game and same goes for arsenal when they come to us. Benitez was smart for making the defense and midfield alot more compact towards the last 30 - 35 mins of the game. I also liked the idea of putting torres on the last man if anyone noticed. A few times arsenal piled alot of men forward and with one killer pass over the top to torres and he could have sealed the game. Pitty it didnt quite come off but nearly did on a few occations.

You dont have to play pretty football to get a result with is why im happy. I mean would you rather a team play in a wicked attacking display and get a bad result or play defensive an achieve what you set out for.

Taking them back to anfield is a really advantage with kuyt's away goal. I still dont like the way people are saying we are favorites now. Remeber benfica ? So i hope we just keep our head's screwed on and take the game to arsenal with a fast tempo as we usually start with anfield.

My prediction is 2-0 at anfield to liverpool. I just think torres will be too much for them here. He's in quality form right now at anfield.

P.S. Is anyone interested in to whom arsenal and liverpool will field on saturday baring in mind the game just gone and the one next week. We have torres and masch suspended so they should be looking fresh for tuesday. I personally think we should igve crouch atleast a half on saturday just to see what kind of problems he can give arsenal. They have quickish defenders but maybe trying to cope with the speed of torres and the physical presence of crocuh maybe be abit too much ?

Ya noe that feeling..when ya've been wit your first love(sorry for the sappiness) for years. Then theres this wayyy hot gal ya knew a few months ago. Which coincide with some bitchiness from your first love. While that hot gal is jz great physically and emotionally towards u. If they meet in a footie match, it's pretty obvious who ya wud root for.

Also if we dun win anything, Benitez gets the sack, we lose out on the money, G&H leaves, DIC comes in. All ends well...

Side note from that game tho'..Torres need to improve on his away form and cut out his diving..

Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

Ya noe that feeling..when ya've been wit your first love(sorry for the sappiness) for years. Then theres this wayyy hot gal ya knew a few months ago. Which coincide with some bitchiness from your first love. While that hot gal is jz great physically and emotionally towards u. If they meet in a footie match, it's pretty obvious who ya wud root for.

Also if we dun win anything, Benitez gets the sack, we lose out on the money, G&H leaves, DIC comes in. All ends well...

Side note from that game tho'..Torres need to improve on his away form and cut out his diving..

What but anyway i have a feeling if we get thru the quaters then we can get to the final, but i have a feeling we'll play barca if we do.

powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

What but anyway i have a feeling if we get thru the quaters then we can get to the final, but i have a feeling we'll play barca if we do.

Forget that rant..I jz think tht Benitez is playing too defensive, boring and cautious footie..Did u see the way we defended and jz let them attacked?Even when we cud hav attacked. It's jz frickin frustration..In contrast wit Arsenal, who jz ping the ball around effortlessly..

I'm pretty sure if we beat Arsenal tho' we can go all the way and beat Man Utd in the final..And tbh I'm sorta hopin Arsenal win this Saturday, wud hate for Man Utd to win the title.

Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

Forget that rant..I jz think tht Benitez is playing too defensive, boring and cautious footie..Did u see the way we defended and jz let them attacked?Even when we cud hav attacked. It's jz frickin frustration..In contrast wit Arsenal, who jz ping the ball around effortlessly..

I'm pretty sure if we beat Arsenal tho' we can go all the way and beat Man Utd in the final..And tbh I'm sorta hopin Arsenal win this Saturday, wud hate for Man Utd to win the title.

yeh i want arsenal to win the title aswell, heck even chelsea but i still want us too beat them this weekend but i supose you cant have everything lol.

I think it will be a completely different game at anfield though with us controlling it.

P.S - KEEP UP THE QUOTE BOX

powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

yeh i want arsenal to win the title aswell, heck even chelsea but i still want us too beat them this weekend but i supose you cant have everything lol.

I think it will be a completely different game at anfield though with us controlling it.

Seriously doubt it. Given how Benitez mentality is give them the ball and sit back and defend, which tbh is the mentality of all the smaller teams when facing Arsenal. Btw is Torres unavailable?

Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

Seriously doubt it. Given how Benitez mentality is give them the ball and sit back and defend, which tbh is the mentality of all the smaller teams when facing Arsenal. Btw is Torres unavailable?

nearly forgot the box. Yeh i think he is. When we played everton he got that silly yellow at the end for kicking the ball away. It was he 5 of the season it said so im guessing hes suspended for one game.

powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

nearly forgot the box. Yeh i think he is. When we played everton he got that silly yellow at the end for kicking the ball away. It was he 5 of the season it said so im guessing hes suspended for one game.

Jeez and I thought ya were a mod. :P

Personally I think Torres is good, but not as good as ppl make him out to be. He still lacks in heading goals, Plus his dribbling is getting sorta predictable. The short cut, long cut thingy..Also he doesn't seem to be able to score away from home...If he could improve on these then he wud b undefendable..

Wished there was a way the game gainst Arsenal could somehow end with both sides wininng lol..Either that or us winning and C.Ronaldo getting a red against Middlesbrough for headbutting a defender who dared to tackle him..

Keep up the box :D

powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

Yeh i like that idea alot. I supose with torres your right. I am abit worried though that 19 of his 21 epl goals have been at anfield and his dribbling is getting predictable although is still working for him alot atm though. We cant forget though its only his debut season in the epl so hopefully hes got alot more to come.

powell wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

Yeh i like that idea alot. I supose with torres your right. I am abit worried though that 19 of his 21 epl goals have been at anfield and his dribbling is getting predictable although is still working for him alot atm though. We cant forget though its only his debut season in the epl so hopefully hes got alot more to come.

Predictions?

barcahooligan wrote:

naw dawg. He had his chance during the world cup. After emergence of Klaas and potential from Affalley, its hard to see Kuyt getting another try.

shahensha wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

naw dawg. He had his chance during the world cup. After emergence of Klaas and potential from Affalley, its hard to see Kuyt getting another try.

yeh ***** haha you ruined our quote box. I think it will be another close game on saturday. It will be more open becuase it not 2 legs. Maybe a draw for me?

lol you guys can still continue the box.