Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Liverpool vs Arsenal

Thats gotta be the game of the year. Absolutley stunning. Torres shot on the turn was fantastic. Stevie G was so calm taking the penalty. Just look at him. and look at his face when he scores. He must've been the happiest man on earth when he scored that.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Lets all give Arsenal a round of applause for having the ability to throw away the match in the final minutes. Arsenal just seem to shit themselves when it matters. They controlled the premier league #1 spot for a while, then tied like 50000000 games in a row. And now in the champs league all they had to do was maintain the game at 2-2 to win on away goals, but no, its Arsenal, they always gotta blow it. :roll:

Croatianblood1 wrote:
Lets all give Arsenal a round of applause for having the ability to throw away the match in the final minutes. Arsenal just seem to shit themselves when it matters. They controlled the premier league #1 spot for a while, then tied like 50000000 games in a row. And now in the champs league all they had to do was maintain the game at 2-2 to win on away goals, but no, its Arsenal, they always gotta blow it. :roll:

hah

Yeah man. I thought they were going through for sure after Walcott's brilliant display of skill. To my astonishment, Liverpool recovered the lead in under a minute. Thats embarrassing yet funny. Toure was never really in the game.

To think about it, the call could have gone either way but I feel it was the Liverpool fans that really forced the ref to blow the whistle. Never have I heard such a loud protest for penalty. All in unision too! Credit should go to the fans.

If Babel's was a penalty today why wasn't Hleb's a penalty in the first leg? TBH we should have won and that penalty should never have happened. Just a bunch of bullshit.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

hahaa liverpool 4-2 arsenal. As i preditcted steven gerrard scores. I also got my bets right when chelsea won 2-0 fenerbache. Liverpool vs Chelsea again.... damn boring. But this time Luis Garcia and Daniel Agger is not here while Joe Cole is still at top form!! And this time all goals can only be scored when the ball TOTALLY pass the line. Ha, lets see what can Liverpool do to the invinsible blues.

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
You're freaking kidding me. I bet my dad a meal's price that Arsenal would win. :cry:

Dude, face it, never bet again. You always lose. :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

TH14 wrote:
If Babel's was a penalty today why wasn't Hleb's a penalty in the first leg? TBH we should have won and that penalty should never have happened. Just a bunch of bullshit.

What's hilarious is that the Hleb incident was a penalty according to Wenger but the Babel incident was not. Two almost identical appeals; some double standards he has. Hleb went down way too easily anyway even if there was contact, while Babel tried to stay on his feet and stumbled. Nice one, Whinger.

My point is, it was awarded, penalty or not, and there's no point disputing it.

Well the penalty decision was questionable. The initial contact occurred outside the box and Babel just happened to go down in the box which hinted to me that he dove. But still, there was no reason for Toure to go in hard on Babel since Gallas was already in position to make a clearance. Toure should have let him go because Gallas would have marked him.

KPatel wrote:
TH14 wrote:

What's hilarious is that the Hleb incident was a penalty according to Wenger but the Babel incident was not. Two almost identical appeals; some double standards he has. Hleb went down way too easily anyway even if there was contact, while Babel tried to stay on his feet and stumbled. Nice one, Whinger.

Kuyt's foul was much more blatant than Toure's was. Croationblood is right, the initial contact was made outside the box and Babel just kind of fell down inside the box. There was contact in the box but idk if it was enough for a penalty. I'm more fine with that being called a penalty than Hleb's not being called at all.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

TH14 wrote:
KPatel wrote:
TH14 wrote:

Kuyt's foul was much more blatant than Toure's was. Croationblood is right, the initial contact was made outside the box and Babel just kind of fell down inside the box. There was contact in the box but idk if it was enough for a penalty. I'm more fine with that being called a penalty than Hleb's not being called at all.

Yeah I wouldn't have given the penalty because Babel went down too easily and there was not enough contact.

And I believe that Hleb did deserve a penalty because the defender slid in, did not get the ball, and took out Hleb's legs. I think that warranted a penalty.

Its nowmorning and yet im still buzzing. Haha. Chelsea were coming for you.

Yeh what a game indeed. I have never been so anxious in my life, just knowing at anytime that an arsenal goal would have put us out. People will say that wasnt a penatly and we shouldnt have won but hey we did win 4-2 infact and nothing can change that aswell.

Torres was very quite but that goal was stunning and hyypia's header was quality, just gotta say senderos what were you doing on that corner ? Rafa you do need to start smiling mate. Please!

i just watched the replay. I agree that the decision to give liverpool a penalty is harsh. The rules is very clear that penalty will only be given when the contact is made in the box. Anyway this match was really an exciting one. Saw how Theo walcott run from box to box?? That is trying to tell us something!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOT GOO LIVERPOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU FERNANDOOO TORRES!,BETTER WATCH OUT CHELSEA,WE ARE COMING AT YOUUU
SCOUSERS RUUUUUUUUULE!

powell wrote:
Torres was very quite but that goal was stunning and hyypia's header was quality, just gotta say senderos what were you doing on that corner ? Rafa you do need to start smiling mate. Please!

Omg, Wenger should have taken Senderos off the field, he was horrible. He didn't mark Hyypia and he was out of position when Torres fired that cracker of a goal.

I think Liverpool is the best team in the Champion's League. They always seem to get it done even though their performance in the Premier League is poor. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool made it to the finals once more and as long as Man U goes down I will be happy.

powell wrote:
Torres was very quite but that goal was stunning

He didnt really see the ball at all on the right wing during the first half but saw quite alot of it during the second half when he switched to the left. He gave Toure nightmares.

And his finish was phenomenal. Perfect technique too. Hit the ball deadsmack in the centre, no spin, top corner. Amazing.