Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Liverpool vs Arsenal

the one postive thing to come out of that game for arsenal - theo walcott is going to be an unbelievable player. Ive always called him an overrated overpriced waste of space but that run last night by far was the most outstanding thing he's done in his carear (unfortunatly it didnt actually matter in the end :cry: )

also torres goal was a masterclass for young strikers
he didnt have the space to turn and get a shot away
so he turned facing away from goal which gave him an angle to shoot
most people would try to face the goal more and would have their shot blocked
also he didnt even look up until he had hit the shot. he knew where that top corner was

chelsea liverpool. should be good. liverpool need to get the job done in the first leg because i dont see them pulling anything off at the bridge

Is it just me or is Barcelona the only team that is left to stop an all english finale from happening? This makes it very interesting.

shahensha wrote:
Is it just me or is Barcelona the only team that is left to stop an all english finale from happening? This makes it very interesting.

yes and realisticly if barca dont raise their game to the level it was 12 months ago Man U will brush them aside

no messi or ronaldinho either i dont think bojan gio or henry will pose any threat to man u's defence and i dont think barca's defence can handle man u's attack right now on current form aswell its actually a mismatch :shock:

ScottyBoy wrote:
shahensha wrote:

yes and realisticly if barca dont raise their game to the level it was 12 months ago Man U will brush them aside

no messi or ronaldinho either i dont think bojan gio or henry will pose any threat to man u's defence and i dont think barca's defence can handle man u's attack right now on current form aswell its actually a mismatch :shock:

lol thats one of the things I find interesting. How the most stacked team on paper is the heavily underrated one right now. Almost everyone is writing them off. I believe they will prove something. Hopefully.

It will be apropriate if Henry is left on the bench though. He hasnt done anything all season.

The front three should definitely be Bojan, Eto'o and Messi with Eto'o and Bojan interchanging positions. Its funny, Bojan and eto'o are much more productive on the left side than Henry.

Theo Walcott, is so...fast.

ForzaMilan wrote:

That's as far as he goes. His crossing ability is far from decent, and I have yet to see him score a goal (I'm sure he has too).

And Schalke are gonna win today. I just know it

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:

That's as far as he goes. His crossing ability is far from decent, and I have yet to see him score a goal (I'm sure he has too).

He's got a few in the cups but his first league goals were in the game against Birmingham when Eduardo got injured.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Kakasgotskillz wrote:

Well, atleast you didnt bet anyone a meal's price..

heh

shahensha wrote:
The front three should definitely be Bojan, Eto'o and Messi with Eto'o and Bojan interchanging positions. Its funny, Bojan and eto'o are much more productive on the left side than Henry.

Isn't Messi done for the year? lol

EDIT: As if missing Messi and Ronaldinho for the Man U clash isn't enough, Puyol will be out for the first leg with his yellow cards.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

shahensha wrote:
Kakasgotskillz wrote:

Well, atleast you didnt bet anyone a meal's price..

heh

Erg this sucks. I feel very unlucky today. Ughh the Champs league semis are almost like last year's: Liverpool vs. Chelsea and Man Utd. vs a non-english team

TH14 wrote:
shahensha wrote:

Isn't Messi done for the year? lol

EDIT: As if missing Messi and Ronaldinho for the Man U clash isn't enough, Puyol will be out for the first leg with his yellow cards.

Ronaldinho is the one done for the year, Messi is predicted to be back by next week.

Barcelona will need Messi if they have a chance of beating man united. Defence has been solid thanks to puyol, midfield has been doing its job with the posession game but the finishing third is lack lustre.

Henry is a waste of money, time and space. He pretty much dives around everyday.

Eto'o has lost his spark because Rijkaard had started him on the right for quite a couple of games which didnt really work out for him.

Bojan is money. Gio is showing quality too.

The scoreline would have been really different today if instead of Henry, Rijkaard had started Gio.

Quality over fizzed out superstars anyday. Barcelona are starting to behave like los galacticos with many super egos and stars thinking they are the shit.

Missing Puyol for the first game scares me though. I am not afraid of Milito messing up but i fear Thuram is much too slow for man united. He has the brains and the intelligence to defend efficiently but once he is beaten its over. Unless ofcourse, Marquez can recover in time but even then no one can replace the captain. He is the only consistent performer on the team.

Luckily the fastest player on the team will be the one marking CRonaldo but he has to be careful. He seems to be losing focus recently.

shahensha wrote:
Bojan is money.

I watched the second half of the CL game today and Bojan is way too good for his age. I think he'll be better than Torres by the time he is his age or even younger. I just don't understand how a 17 year old can play so well against top class teams. It'll be interesting to see how he does against MU.

I'm just looking forward to seeing Messi go head to head with that barbie ( I can't remember his name christina something :? ). That's if Messi is back by then.

shahensha wrote:

Henry is a waste of money, time and space. He pretty much dives around everyday.

Best post I've heard to date. :)
I haven't watched Barca play since Henry was transferred there so I have no idea how Bojan plays. I'll probably be able to see him against ManU but then that would also mean I would have to watch that pain in the ass Lionel Messi.

Lionel Messi is Argentine....dont disrespect in any way :D

henry has skill,u might not fancy him but being honest he has skill
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!