Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Liverpool vs Arsenal

ForzaMilan wrote:
shahensha wrote:
Bojan is money.

I watched the second half of the CL game today and Bojan is way too good for his age. I think he'll be better than Torres by the time he is his age or even younger. I just don't understand how a 17 year old can play so well against top class teams. It'll be interesting to see how he does against MU.

Yeah man, I marvel in his skill. Yet the same time it concerns me that the best attacker on the team as of now is a 17 year old. Then an 18 year old.

Eto'o has lost his confidence and Henry has skill but doesnt give a shit about trying.

If Eto'o is back in the middle or the left but most preferably the middle in the few games before facing man united, he will get his spark back. Hopefully.

shahensha wrote:
TH14 wrote:
shahensha wrote:
The front three should definitely be Bojan, Eto'o and Messi with Eto'o and Bojan interchanging positions. Its funny, Bojan and eto'o are much more productive on the left side than Henry.

Isn't Messi done for the year? lol

EDIT: As if missing Messi and Ronaldinho for the Man U clash isn't enough, Puyol will be out for the first leg with his yellow cards.

Ronaldinho is the one done for the year, Messi is predicted to be back by next week.

Barcelona will need Messi if they have a chance of beating man united. Defence has been solid thanks to puyol, midfield has been doing its job with the posession game but the finishing third is lack lustre.

Henry is a waste of money, time and space. He pretty much dives around everyday.

Eto'o has lost his spark because Rijkaard had started him on the right for quite a couple of games which didnt really work out for him.

Bojan is money. Gio is showing quality too.

The scoreline would have been really different today if instead of Henry, Rijkaard had started Gio.

Quality over fizzed out superstars anyday. Barcelona are starting to behave like los galacticos with many super egos and stars thinking they are the shit.

Missing Puyol for the first game scares me though. I am not afraid of Milito messing up but i fear Thuram is much too slow for man united. He has the brains and the intelligence to defend efficiently but once he is beaten its over. Unless ofcourse, Marquez can recover in time but even then no one can replace the captain. He is the only consistent performer on the team.

Luckily the fastest player on the team will be the one marking CRonaldo but he has to be careful. He seems to be losing focus recently.

i think barca could be in trouble for the first leg. no puyol. that will be a big miss i could see man u going forward in numbers and getting at milito and thuram (is marquez fit right now cos if he is he'll be in there)

im 100% sure bojan will not start through the middle eto'o will or maybe henry will. The kids somthing else but he wouldnt stand a chance against rio and vidic
i doubt messi will be back for the first leg although i think he might. the barca medical staff have a bad habit of sending players back into full training and games very early so if he plays i wouldnt be surprised if he got hury
anyway down the right hand side (apart from messi) i dont think barca have anyone that can hurt man u with evra at right back so they will have to go down the left (with henry i think) thats where there best chance of scoring comes from
its clear henry is past his best but he's clearly unhappy right know but he's still capable of being one of the best players at the club. rijkaard NEEDS to leave if henry is ever going to settle because barca's style doesnt suit him and his pace. i think if barca play to henrys needs he will be more effective than eto'o

That would never happen. Henry's attitude in every game this part of the season has been pissing me off. The player needs to adapt to them team. The team should never have to change its dynamic just for the sake of one star no matter how high his pedestal. I know he has the skill and still some decent amount of pace but does not focus at all during games. No motivation at all. The whole team works its socks off and all Henry does is flop around on the ground.

I dont understand this man. He does not like to be on the left side? Didnt he always drift to the left? He can do the same here. I am not asking him to send down crosses but cut in and shoot.

Seriously Henry, are you unhappy to be on the left? Suck it up. Do you see Eto'o complaining when he had to start on the right out of position and underperform at the expense of Henry being put in his favoured position? Or Ronaldinho underperform against villareal and be put on the right so Henry can play on the left? If he is given the spot of regular starters who have earned their bread and butter playing there then Henry should work his ass off not mope around. Henry needs to stop whining, he is not in Arsenal anymore. Many believe he left Arsenal and came to Barcelona for champions league glory. If thats so then he should wake up cause he is very close to achieving his dream.

As for the right side, I dont know if Messi will be playing for sure yet. If he does there has to be some concern cause he tends to get injured when facing english opposition. If he doesnt, I hope Rijkaard recognizes that Gio
is the most suited player to play on the right and from what I have seen after his comeback from injury, Gio is fighting for his life.

I pray Rijkaard does the proper thing by chosing form and quality over past merits. Bojan is ten folds better than Henry on the left and thats not his natural position either. How? Its because Bojan gives a shit about the team.

The front line, if messi is not available, should be bojan-eto'o-gio because right now with messi, deco, iniesta and ronaldinho injured and Henry sad the best attackers on the team are a 17 and 18 year old.

Marquez is injured so its prolly going to be milito and thuram or perhaps milito and abidal if he needs any speed in the middle. Sylvinho might get a start on the left then.

if thats the front three for barca, 1. they will lose 2. i will bow down to your superior knowledge

if gio is up against evra gio might as well stay at home and watch himself being owned, same for bojan he just isnt good enough to trouble man u

as for henry im not saying they should change their system. just PASS to him

the number of times henry has been caught offside is a joke, its not his fault. he makes a run and at arsenal he would be slipped through and go on and score wheras at barca the passer will hold on and hold on to the ball and pass to late when henrys run on
everyone knows how prolific henry can be and barca are simply denying themselves goals by not passing to him when he wants it
they just arnt direct enough

if they need a saviour in the second leg and they have injuries dont be shocked to see ronaldinho return

We both clearly know rijkaard is not gonna start gio and bojan however seeing how things are going, I am not saying I know that will be the front three, I am saying I am hoping so I dont want be given an undeserved credit of having superior knowledge. I'd feel like a pompous shit.

and they do pass it to henry, henry takes too long giving enough time for 2 to three players to close him down, he takes a few steps and falls down.

Plus barca is not into direct long balls, they do try it though when there is space and get it to Henry in the box but Henry wastes most of them.

Sometimes they send him throughballs but he doesnt run to half of them. Atleast try using your speed to show you are trying but no, he takes a step, stops and starts jogging back.

im not talking about humping it long up the park im meaning simple sometimes even 10 yard through balls that they are reluctant to make at times
i think the fact that henry was so successful in england will give him a start. its not a good reason but it will get him on the teamsheet

what about getafe :shock: amazing character shown by them
is laudrup back on the cards to take over from rijkaard :lol:

Can you believe Munich scored twice in the last 4 minutes

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ScottyBoy wrote:

I am crying. Getafe so deserved to win that game and I was sure they were going to but Abbondanzieri totally gifted munich two goals. Totally not fair to the whole team.

lol Never! As amazing he is as a coach, I cant allow a traitor to lead Barcelona.

shahensha wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:

I am crying. Getafe so deserved to win that game and I was sure they were going to but Abbondanzieri totally gifted munich two goals. Totally not fair to the whole team.

lol Never! As amazing he is as a coach, I cant allow a traitor to lead Barcelona.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i cant beleive it :shock:
i genuinly believed they had won 3-1 until you said that and i checked it again. gutted for them :(

you do know im going to bed with tears in my eyes because of you :twisted:

laudrup a traitor. it was a great move for him. barca went downhill the next season

what about gaurdiola he seems to be a silent outsider

ScottyBoy wrote:
shahensha wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:

i genuinly believed they had won 3-1 until you said that and i checked it again. gutted for them :(

Lmao trust me man, I am sailing on the same boat

Regarding Laudrup. Exactly! He left barcelona, barcelona went downhill and Madrid just started raping. Well I dont really know the history in detail but i am guessing the camp nou crowd might not be too happy because of that move. Then again I am seas apart from the area.

There has been talks about guardiola. Many believe he is not high profile enough to jump from the third team to coaching the first team. Some say it is a good idea beucase he knows the club in and out having played for them for many years. Then there are some who are saying its a false rumour just so that Laporta can distract media away from Jose and Barcelona so he can pen a deal with the special one behind closed doors.

shahensha wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:
shahensha wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:

Regarding Laudrup. Exactly! He left barcelona, barcelona went downhill and Madrid just started raping. Well I dont really know the history in detail but i am guessing the camp nou crowd might not be too happy because of that move. Then again I am seas apart from the area.

There has been talks about guardiola. Many believe he is not high profile enough to jump from the third team to coaching the first team. Some say it is a good idea beucase he knows the club in and out having played for them for many years. Then there are some who are saying its a false rumour just so that Laporta can distract media away from Jose and Barcelona so he can pen a deal with the special one behind closed doors.

sounds like laporta :D sneaky bastard

and yes the barca fans are against laudrup. there have been visible banners one reading "Laudrup, traitor. We don't want you anymore."

but i wouldnt be shocked if the unpopular laporta made an unpopular appointment :lol:

as for getafe its 10:45 pm so i can sleep it off youve got the rest of a shitty day ahead of you :cry: i feel slightly better now

ScottyBoy wrote:
shahensha wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:
shahensha wrote:
ScottyBoy wrote:

sounds like laporta :D sneaky bastard

and yes the barca fans are against laudrup. there have been visible banners one reading "Laudrup, traitor. We don't want you anymore."

but i wouldnt be shocked if the unpopular laporta made an unpopular appointment :lol:

as for getafe its 10:45 pm so i can sleep it off youve got the rest of a shitty day ahead of you :cry: i feel slightly better now

hahaha

damn its true.

have a good day anyway m8 :wink:

you too bro.......well night lol

this is getting a bit on the gay side of the fence... awkward or what :oops: