Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Melbourne Victory to host Juventus FC!!! ZOMGWTFBBQ!!

Have to admit I was pretty disappointed bout the Melbourne loss..Thought the A-league was better than J

The J-league's been around for nearly 15 years, compare that to the A-leagues 3. Consider that Osaka is loaded, with about 5 Japanese internationals and 4 Brazilians, while Melbourne have a couple of Olyroos, the only international is part timer Archie Thompson, and our brazilian Fred left for the MLS because Melbourne couldnt afford to keep him. Plus, this is also the very first time Melbourne have ever played in the Champions League.

Honestly, Melbourne are'nt half as good as they were when they thrashed Adelaide in the Grandfinal last year. The perofrmance they put in at the dome was great, but last night they were just plain bad. Yeah...we're out of the ACL.
Sig by me

OK, sorry guys for the double pst, but this was honestly the best match Ive ever been to.

They took the lead in the 18th minute or something. In the first 30 minutes, Melbourne were very shaky, probably intimidated & failed to break out of thier own half, let alone into the box. Witnessing Juve play was beautiful, one of those times when you had to be there to apprieciate it. However, towards the end of the Ist half, Melbourne began to adopt to the tempo of the game, and actually started creating opportunities.

The 2nd half, Mebourne played fantastically. They were'nt giving up possesion too easily, they created lots of opportunities, and when Hernandez equalized I honestly couldnt describe my happiness. Archie was excellent, he was really going at the Juve backline and giving them a run for thier money. Unfortunately, in the few chances in which Juve actually made, they scored 3 goals. The final score was 4-1.

Kaz & Billy played really well, however there were too many instances when they need to just have a go and shoot at goal.

I'm proud of the boys, despite the loss GO VICTORY!!!!!!!
Sig by me