Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Manchester United vs Chelsea

Who is going to win the bpl and ucl
Man United  58%  (15 votes)
Man United  0%  (0 votes)
Chelsea  23%  (6 votes)
Chelsea  0%  (0 votes)
Man United for bpl but Chelsea for ucl  19%  (5 votes)
Man United for bpl but Chelsea for ucl  0%  (0 votes)
Chelsea for bpl but Man united for ucl  0%  (0 votes)
Chelsea for bpl but Man united for ucl  0%  (0 votes)

I've yet to see Terry whine to the press about how he's getting bullied. Or leap into the air and cry out in pain and hold his leg despite being touched by anyone. (Ronaldo's done it at least twice)

Also, Terry missing the PK wasn't his fault, the turf screwed him over, take a look at the replay.
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

the turf was very poor and definetly influenced the game and terrys pk......

so since man u won the league, champions league and giggs broke Bobby Charlton's apperance record, is this gonna be the end of the Ryan Giggs era?? i think the guy has made a tremendous commitment through his career to Man U, it will be a sad day if he does leave football...

and once and for all we all know that Ronaldo IS NOT a clutch player.... :wink:
sig by 2brown347

barcahooligan wrote:

so since man u won the league, champions league and giggs broke Bobby Charlton's apperance record, is this gonna be the end of the Ryan Giggs era?? i think the guy has made a tremendous commitment through his career to Man U, it will be a sad day if he does leave football...

remember the game winners he had all season. i couldve sworn he had game winners or am i losing it.
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

nextlevel66 wrote:
barcahooligan wrote:

remember the game winners he had all season. i couldve sworn he had game winners or am i losing it.

More like Tevez and Rooney saving your asses with last minute goals.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

This isn't going to be the end of the Ryan Giggs era he is still going to play since he still can. Neville and Scholes will be back next season aswell. Giggs was scouted by Charlton and will go down in history as a very special player. Giggs might end up doing the same thing that Charlton is doing right now for United after he retires and Giggs has had a job coaching. Ronaldo isn't really clutch, hes Half Man Half Amazing. I emphsize Half since he did slip up this season but he has done some great things and has produced for United. And he hasn't really carried United, the defence has done a great job aswell.

Championes Championes OLE OLE OLE....Championes Championes OLE OLE OLE MANCHESTER HAS WON THE UCL!!!!! RED DEVILS FOR LIFE

I recorded this game and I came home and watch it. This game will be one of the most intensive games of UCL. But mark my word's United fans today you will celebrate. I am not a Chelsea fan but listen to this. Remember when Liverpool vs. A.C. Milan in Istanbul, Turkey. Same shit happened the penalty shootout and look what happened 2 years later A.C. Milan beat the team that took trophy from them that year. I believe the same thing will happened to United. I bet that there will be an all english final next year between the 2 clubs. AND THE ONLY REASON YOU GUYS CAN CELEBRATE IS BECAUSE JOhn TERRY SLIPPED + IT Was rainy. IF it was the other way around you guys would have lost. Because I slow motion when he shot the ball and if he didn't slip he would have one that game. Plus the goalkeeper went to the other side. But as a soccer fanatic, I do congratulate MAN. United for the effort to tribute their win to the Bayern Munich incident. Since it is the 50th anniversary of this.

I think both teams deserved to win but obviously only one team could and that team was Manchester United. Both sides played well and they both endured until the penalty kicks. I don't really like penalties kicks because it sometimes is luck because it really depends if the keeper dives the right way or if the shooter misses the net (**John Terry**). Its basically like a lottery and Manchester won it. Who would have guessed that Ronaldo would be the lone Man Utd. player to miss?? He never misses. And who would have guessed that a player would slip on the grass like Terry did?? Thats what happens with penalty kicks, the better team doesn't necessarily win and you can never be certain who will score or not.

As for PK's I think that if at the end of the first set of player the teams are tied instead of going to first miss loses they should start another set. It's always seemed unfair to me how they do it.

and for some reason terry's pk reminded my of the beckham pk that he slipped on.

and as for the game, Chelsea out played Man U, but couldn't find the back of the net, shit happens.

I was'nt really going for any particular team, I really only watched it for the entertainment. Watching Drogba getting booked, Ronaldo missing a penalty was interesting. The defence from both teams was great.

I agree with 2brown347, both played great football. Unfortunately, whatever team you go for thier not always going to please you & they will break your heart at times, and like everyone has said someone had to win it.
Sig by me

Didn't watch coz of exams but I guess the only good that will come out of this is..it's the end of a cycle(like Man Utd hav reached their peak and will only go down), and C.Ronaldo will join the galacticos.

Here's an interesting fact; This is the first time Mr. Ferguson won a penalty shootout. Lost 3 with Aberdeen. Lost 3 with ManU. This time he did it. And it was the seventh shootout. 7 is a "lucky number"...

They won the comunity sheild on penalties

MiKeOnE29 wrote:
They won the comunity sheild on penalties

I refer to overall, not just the Champions League (the league for mortals who are pitted against their will and made to fight for a paperweight!), the English Premier League (for mere mortals who cannot afford to buy a boat to Europe), the FA (for those insolent fools who have nothing left to live for and have fun slaying giants!), etc. Or at least, that's what CNN (the Almighty source of information with no question!) tells me.

EDIT: Wait... "I refer to overall"..... + Comm Shield = part of overall + CNN + Ferguson = ??? That doesn't make sense! It contradicts itself!
But Fergy said himself this game was THE first penalty shootout he won so perhaps he doesn't consider Comm Shield as a "real" game or perhaps he has forgotten about it.

Damn that was an exciting game to watch no doubt. It could have gone either way, there is no denying that. Both halves were quite different. I wasnt really supporting any team cause I dislike both of them. First half was all Man United, second half was mostly Chelsea. Either Man united decided to go on the defensive and let Chelsea have the ball or Chelsea raised their game. You be the judge.

Man United dominated the field in the first half. Finally I saw Cronaldo's talent and ability to run the offence. Most of the attack was circulating from the left side as he easily skipped past Essien quite a few times and sent in decent throughballs to an overlapping Evra which lead to a couple of "oh shit" moments for the chelsea defence. He dozed off in the second half though but in his defence he was wearing some fabulous pink shoes.

Vidic is such a dirty player. He was all over Drogba. Jumping on his head and making his tongue bleed. No wonder Drogba wanted to beat the shit out of him. Drogba bitchslapping Vidic was too funny. haha what a gangster.

The first goal was nice teamwork between Brown and Scholes, which lead to a nice header. Essien should have realized that Cronaldo is Man United's main aerial threat.

Rooney didnt really do anything but launch ridiculous long balls. Carvalho randomly ends up at Man United's box trying to trip out Ferdinand. Succeeds to do so but stumbles allowing Rooney to pounce on the ball. Rooney takes it, runs up to the right side of the half way line and then sends a diagonal long ball over the chelsea defenders all the way to the fucking left corner and Cronaldo's blistering speed allows him to collect it, then crosses it into the box for Tevez to pull off a diving header. I was like WTF?!

Cech made a nice save though and another one on the rebound by Carrick. Damn

Van der Sar made some key saves too. I would be scared shitless if my own defender heads the ball at me from point blank range.

I realized it was a good chance to check out Malouda after hearing speculations of him being in Barcelona next season. He impressed me at first with his delicate touches and dribbling ability but doze off after a while and looked absolutely lacklustre.

Second half Chelsea started to look alive. Ballack was really impressive in that game. Threatening runs on the attack. Piercing passes into the box for his teammates. He had a close attempt on goal from long distance too. Overall he had a very solid performance.

Essien looked miserable on the defence but looked so much better on the attack. He was too strong for Cronaldo and Evra.

Makalele had an amazing game. In the second half he was just dominating that midfield. He was effectively circulating the ball around the midfield. For a short guy he got his head to some long balls too. I loved how he bullied the opposition though. Bloody noses for both Scholes and Hargreaves. hahaha. Makalele is a tank.

Chelsea was really unlucky hitting the post twice. Drogba was just walking around the field but had that one nice shot which hit the post. Lampard should have taken a one time shot from Ballack's nice set up in the box instead of turning around and then shooting it.

Ferdinand is a black belt eh? He confused the sport with karate when he decided to give Joe Cole a wanton kick in the face. The ref didnt give a shit about calling it because Cole was acting crazy all game. Getting pissed at the ref and playing the bongo on his head.

John Terry had a captain's performance (if you dont count the penalty shootout). Well timed lunges to stop the attack, especially the through ball in the box. He even saved giggs' shot and kept chelsea in the game.

When Cronaldo missed the penalty I was laughing my ass off. Chelsea could have won it but Terry missed his decisive penalty. I ask you why would you send an Englishman to take the winning penalty after knowing their cursed luck in penalty shootouts? Obviously it was going to fail. Anyone remember how Hotspurs lost to PSV in the shootouts this season after having a one goal advantage.............Jermaine Jenas. Exactly

Although it would have been nice if Chelsea won it seeing how it was their first ever appearance, Man united winning the champions league has some positives too. Now Cronaldo has won pretty much everything important with Man United. That arrogant bastard is going to look for rise in paycheck and Madrid loves to splash ridiculous amounts of money.................The player I despise goes to the rival team of mine? Everything works out perfectly! Besides Id like to see Cronaldo in La Liga.

I'm glad United won. But United got more than their fair share of the decisions on the night - Chelsea could certainly feel aggrieved by some of the Linesman's calls. That's all I have to say on the matter.