Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Uefa Champions League final 2008/2009

its gunna be another all english final! :D

Don't count on it.

I could see:

Real Madrid vs. Inter
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Davidson9 wrote:
Don't count on it.

I could see:

Real Madrid vs. Inter

wouldn't that be something. i'd love to see that match-up, though i really don't think that will happen. inter aren't good in champions league play but maybe now with mourinho that'll change.

the best match up would be manchester united vs. real madrid i think. the story lines would be endless. i'll especially like when c.ronaldo tries to dribble againts gary neville :lol:

He wouldn't be gone by then.

Thing is, if it does happen he'd be partying it up with all his United team mates and then bragging to his new Real one's a month later. :)
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Davidson9 wrote:
He wouldn't be gone by then.

Thing is, if it does happen he'd be partying it up with all his United team mates and then bragging to his new Real one's a month later. :)

did you mean c.ronaldo wouldn't be gone by then? because what i meant was that he might forget what team he's going against and dribble the wrong way

Oh, ok.

Thanks for clearing that up then.
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Why not Barcelona ?

fawver15 wrote:
Why not Barcelona ?

because messi will probably pick up a couple injuries by then and won't be so effective.

soccer11 wrote:
fawver15 wrote:
Why not Barcelona ?

because messi will probably pick up a couple injuries by then and won't be so effective.

He's crap and overrated anyway...also a big game bottler, so it wudn't matter..

Meanwhile, seems like Iniesta and Henry are major doubts for final, while Alves and Abidal are most prob out. Utd on the other hand have Fletcher out, unless Fergie manages to get one of his UEFA mates to rescind the card, on"sympathy grounds".

I wud hav predicted Barca winning 3-0, with Alves and Abidal out. But if Iniesta and Henry dun make it too, they'll prob only win 2-1. At the last moment.

Wanderer wrote:
Utd on the other hand have Fletcher out, unless Fergie manages to get one of his UEFA mates to rescind the card, on"sympathy grounds".

I think UEFA will stand by their referees' decision. It will look bad on them if they give in.

fir_nev wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Utd on the other hand have Fletcher out, unless Fergie manages to get one of his UEFA mates to rescind the card, on"sympathy grounds".

I think UEFA will stand by their referees' decision. It will look bad on them if they give in.

To me it looked like a stupid challenge by Fletcher. Why would he bother with that when the score was as it was. I mean i understand that kind of tackle to save the game or something but damn. Anyway if he gets his red taken away then Abidal should have a good chance. Would be good to see Dani Alves play but hes got no chance.

I Don't want Fletcher to play anyways so i don't care if his penalty gets rescinded. Barcelona have a very depleted defense and I don't see them being able to hold off United's attack. I think United win 2-1.

truesocceroo wrote:
To me it looked like a stupid challenge by Fletcher. Why would he bother with that when the score was as it was. I mean i understand that kind of tackle to save the game or something but damn. Anyway if he gets his red taken away then Abidal should have a good chance. Would be good to see Dani Alves play but hes got no chance.

Fletcher confirmed not playing in the final.

As a professional, Fletcher was right not to take his foot off the pedal. If I were in his shoes, I would have done the same. Even for rec football. I too got sent off for making those kind of saving tackles.

Oh god, this better not turn into another "Barca is the best because I can write paragraphs among paragraphs about how good they are" kind of thread. Quick prediction: 1-0 United, just cuz this is shaping out to be one of those 1-0 games. United of course have the benefit of Barca's weakened defense.

fir_nev wrote:
truesocceroo wrote:

Fletcher confirmed not playing in the final.

As a professional, Fletcher was right not to take his foot off the pedal. If I were in his shoes, I would have done the same. Even for rec football. I too got sent off for making those kind of saving tackles.

As a professional you should not be making foul taclkes on the last man anyway unless you absolutely have to, you know its a straight red. I bet you if he thought about it for a second he wouldnt have done it.