Uefa Champions League final 2008/2009

UEFA Champions League

Moderator: Staff

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1235
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Postby MUFC1994 » 07 Aug 2008, 02:42

its gunna be another all english final! :D

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4596
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Postby Davidson9 » 07 Aug 2008, 02:48

Don't count on it.

I could see:

Real Madrid vs. Inter

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 07 Aug 2008, 02:59

Davidson9 wrote:Don't count on it.

I could see:

Real Madrid vs. Inter

wouldn't that be something. i'd love to see that match-up, though i really don't think that will happen. inter aren't good in champions league play but maybe now with mourinho that'll change.

the best match up would be manchester united vs. real madrid i think. the story lines would be endless. i'll especially like when c.ronaldo tries to dribble againts gary neville :lol:
Image

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4596
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Postby Davidson9 » 07 Aug 2008, 03:14

He wouldn't be gone by then.

Thing is, if it does happen he'd be partying it up with all his United team mates and then bragging to his new Real one's a month later. :)

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 07 Aug 2008, 03:31

Davidson9 wrote:He wouldn't be gone by then.

Thing is, if it does happen he'd be partying it up with all his United team mates and then bragging to his new Real one's a month later. :)

did you mean c.ronaldo wouldn't be gone by then? because what i meant was that he might forget what team he's going against and dribble the wrong way
Image

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4596
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Postby Davidson9 » 07 Aug 2008, 03:33

Oh, ok.

Thanks for clearing that up then.

fawver15
Senior Member
Posts: 237
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 20:50

Postby fawver15 » 07 Aug 2008, 03:41

Why not Barcelona ?
Image

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 07 Aug 2008, 03:42

fawver15 wrote:Why not Barcelona ?

because messi will probably pick up a couple injuries by then and won't be so effective.
Image

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1101
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Postby Wanderer » 11 May 2009, 06:21

soccer11 wrote:
fawver15 wrote:Why not Barcelona ?

because messi will probably pick up a couple injuries by then and won't be so effective.

He's crap and overrated anyway...also a big game bottler, so it wudn't matter..

Meanwhile, seems like Iniesta and Henry are major doubts for final, while Alves and Abidal are most prob out. Utd on the other hand have Fletcher out, unless Fergie manages to get one of his UEFA mates to rescind the card, on"sympathy grounds".

I wud hav predicted Barca winning 3-0, with Alves and Abidal out. But if Iniesta and Henry dun make it too, they'll prob only win 2-1. At the last moment.

User avatar
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2503
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby fir_nev » 11 May 2009, 08:21

Wanderer wrote:Utd on the other hand have Fletcher out, unless Fergie manages to get one of his UEFA mates to rescind the card, on"sympathy grounds".


I think UEFA will stand by their referees' decision. It will look bad on them if they give in.
Image

User avatar
truesocceroo
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 05 Jul 2007, 13:37

Postby truesocceroo » 11 May 2009, 11:40

fir_nev wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Utd on the other hand have Fletcher out, unless Fergie manages to get one of his UEFA mates to rescind the card, on"sympathy grounds".


I think UEFA will stand by their referees' decision. It will look bad on them if they give in.


To me it looked like a stupid challenge by Fletcher. Why would he bother with that when the score was as it was. I mean i understand that kind of tackle to save the game or something but damn. Anyway if he gets his red taken away then Abidal should have a good chance. Would be good to see Dani Alves play but hes got no chance.

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 11 May 2009, 15:38

I Don't want Fletcher to play anyways so i don't care if his penalty gets rescinded. Barcelona have a very depleted defense and I don't see them being able to hold off United's attack. I think United win 2-1.
Image

User avatar
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2503
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby fir_nev » 12 May 2009, 02:27

truesocceroo wrote:To me it looked like a stupid challenge by Fletcher. Why would he bother with that when the score was as it was. I mean i understand that kind of tackle to save the game or something but damn. Anyway if he gets his red taken away then Abidal should have a good chance. Would be good to see Dani Alves play but hes got no chance.


Fletcher confirmed not playing in the final.

As a professional, Fletcher was right not to take his foot off the pedal. If I were in his shoes, I would have done the same. Even for rec football. I too got sent off for making those kind of saving tackles.
Image

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member
Posts: 2222
Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 20:15

Postby Kakasgotskillz » 12 May 2009, 02:40

Oh god, this better not turn into another "Barca is the best because I can write paragraphs among paragraphs about how good they are" kind of thread. Quick prediction: 1-0 United, just cuz this is shaping out to be one of those 1-0 games. United of course have the benefit of Barca's weakened defense.

User avatar
truesocceroo
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 05 Jul 2007, 13:37

Postby truesocceroo » 12 May 2009, 03:32

fir_nev wrote:
truesocceroo wrote:To me it looked like a stupid challenge by Fletcher. Why would he bother with that when the score was as it was. I mean i understand that kind of tackle to save the game or something but damn. Anyway if he gets his red taken away then Abidal should have a good chance. Would be good to see Dani Alves play but hes got no chance.


Fletcher confirmed not playing in the final.

As a professional, Fletcher was right not to take his foot off the pedal. If I were in his shoes, I would have done the same. Even for rec football. I too got sent off for making those kind of saving tackles.


As a professional you should not be making foul taclkes on the last man anyway unless you absolutely have to, you know its a straight red. I bet you if he thought about it for a second he wouldnt have done it.


Return to “Champs League”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests