Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Uefa Champions League final 2008/2009

shahensha,wat u said was true,but who ever though barca couldnt score vs chelsea never seen barca play,barca can score vs any team...although,i was one of those ppl to think that if chelsea couldve played barca so well manu could too,but i thought that if barca pulled together the defense it wud be all barca,the defense is still a bit off but its better,im so happy manu loss,now their fans can taste defeat
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

I am happy that Manchester United were at least gracious losers and gave credit to Barcelona. All the United players and Ferguson said that Barcelona were the better team and gave them credit. As we know from this season, not every losing team gives credit to the winning team.

But also, this season was still fantastic for Manchester United, and hopefully everyone with a mature mind can at least realize that. When we lost yesterday I was upset and put all of the other victories out of my mind but now that I'm coming to accept it I've been listing the victories.
-EPL Champions
-Carling Cup Champions
-Community Shield Champions
-World Club Champions
That's still an outstanding year. One of the best, if not best ones that I can remember. This loss shouldn't take away from the fantastic year we had.

Yeah still great for Man Utd but the only thing that really stands out there is the EPL title. I mean, the Community Shield and World Club Championship? Do those titles really even matter?

Did this game remind anyone else of the 2008 euro final? Seemed like only one team came out to play. Spain and Barcelona. While Germany and Manchester United were just straight out flat. Seemed like they didn't even believe in themselves.

I think that if Manchester had shown up to play, we would hve won the game, but we didn't and therefore the team that palyed better on that day won......
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

yea ofcourse manu had a great season,no one can say different and yes,the manchester players' reaction was respectable, although i was surprise to see how ronaldo reacted,he gave credit,although he was tryin to make a couple excuses..especially the one where he says barca shouldnt have even been in the final cause chelsea deserved to win the semi,that is true but he shouldnt be bringing that up,the barca chelsea game is history,the final was present
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

i never saw a team so affected by an early goal.. manchester was dominating untill etoo scored, and that was their first shot too.. I feel like when a team has to win it has to win.. Im pissed at our players for giving up like that, but when your loosing against barcelona, you give the ball to xavi and iniesta and they can have it for the whole game.... Etoo is like the 4th guy I see that beats Vidic on a One on One, messi is the first 1.67 that beats both central deefenders. Ronaldo..... ...... damn it

Croatianblood1 wrote:
Yeah still great for Man Utd but the only thing that really stands out there is the EPL title. I mean, the Community Shield and World Club Championship? Do those titles really even matter?

of course they matter, maybe not for you but havent you seen how these people celebrateee those titles...

soccer11 wrote:
I am happy that Manchester United were at least gracious losers and gave credit to Barcelona. All the United players and Ferguson said that Barcelona were the better team and gave them credit. As we know from this season, not every losing team gives credit to the winning team.

But also, this season was still fantastic for Manchester United, and hopefully everyone with a mature mind can at least realize that. When we lost yesterday I was upset and put all of the other victories out of my mind but now that I'm coming to accept it I've been listing the victories.
-EPL Champions
-Carling Cup Champions
-World Club Champions
That's still an outstanding year. One of the best, if not best ones that I can remember. This loss shouldn't take away from the fantastic year we had.

cough* chelsea *cough

at the bridge vs. barca....

but yeah ur rite united did go down but with honor and gave credit that they wern't the better team

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

2brown347 wrote:
Hen - I have to say I agree with a lot of what you said... Except we all now the Netherlands (In the who played the prettiest most exciting soccer) played the best football in the Euro's, they lost due to tactics

Its true though, the dutch know how to play it the best. Simple team pass and move football. Ajax Amsterdam revolutionized it.......guess thats two things I like about amsterdam hahaha

Honestly if it wasnt for this kind of attacking football philosophy, Barcelona would have never made a mark in Europe.

Both the coaches that had won the CL for Barcelona before Pep, were products of that Ajax philosophy. Cruyiff gave Barcelona its identity of attacking football when he coached the "dream team"

Guardiola, being a part of the dream team, learned from the master and truly surpassed him in all achievements.

By winning the treble in such incredible fashion, I hope he has announced the second coming of the dream team.

But yeah, Madrid buys dutch players, Barcelona playes like them lol

I agree about what you said about Madrid buying Dutch and Barca playing like them :lol: I have a feeling a lot of Dutch players would be more at home in the Barca squad.

Soccer11 -
Quote:
I am happy that Manchester United were at least gracious losers and gave credit to Barcelona. All the United players and Ferguson said that Barcelona were the better team and gave them credit.
Only mostly right :wink: cr7 said that United only lost because they played bad and had bad tactics then proceded to say that Barca was lucky to be there because they shouldn't have been

2brown347 wrote:
I agree about what you said about Madrid buying Dutch and Barca playing like them :lol: I have a feeling a lot of Dutch players would be more at home in the Barca squad.

Soccer11 -
Quote:
I am happy that Manchester United were at least gracious losers and gave credit to Barcelona. All the United players and Ferguson said that Barcelona were the better team and gave them credit.
Only mostly right :wink: cr7 said that United only lost because they played bad and had bad tactics then proceded to say that Barca was lucky to be there because they shouldn't have been

I think everyone is getting really sick Ronaldo and how he carries on. Everyone else admitted it, and you really cant argue otherwise, Barca were clearly better than United, and United played bad because Barca played so well, im sick of hearing people say its because united played bad, its because Barca are that much better, it made united look like they were playing bad, and you cant use that as an excuse in a champions league final anyway.

The difference between the Ronaldo and Messi mentality, is the reason i think Messi is the best, the humility that most of the great players share such as Zidane, Pele etc, will get them further than Ronaldos cockiness.

KoNJa04 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:

-EPL Champions
-Carling Cup Champions
-World Club Champions

cough* chelsea *cough

at the bridge vs. barca....

but yeah ur rite united did go down but with honor and gave credit that they wern't the better team

haha no not quite. I was referencing Liverpool and the Spanish Waiter.

Croatianblood1 wrote:

I think they matter. The European champion doesn't always win the World clubchampionship and in the community shield it's usually against a good team. It's not as prestigious but it's still a trophy win.

But then again they lost the UEFA super cup and more than usually the Champs League winner beats the UEFA Cup winner (not counting the case of Barca losing to Sevilla in 2006)

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
But then again they lost the UEFA super cup and more than usually the Champs League winner beats the UEFA Cup winner (not counting the case of Barca losing to Sevilla in 2006)

not really actually. I just looked it up just to make sure and it's kind of back and forth. And since the 2000 cup, the UEFA cup winner has won more than the Champions League winner.