Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Why are Milan so lucky?!?!

Finally Milan aren't a threat in the CL!!! But it seems Porto and CSKA Sofia won't be allowed in the CL next year due to financial and licensings problems and if that happens, AC Milan will take a spot in the CL next year. If Milan somehow get in the final because of this I will refuse to ever watch the CL ever again.

Uefa are a bunch of bastards
I already lost all respect for them when they allowed Liverpool to defend their title even though they failed to qualify in 2006

well expert i think they only did that because if the previous winners werent gonna defend there title because they didn't qualify it wouldn't look good for uefa at the end of the day.
i was made to ignite

Well I was rooting for AC Milan to take the 4th spot in Serie A (and hence qualify for CL). So I will be excited to see them competing in the tournament, although maybe they don't deserve to be there. RZ I can't find any source that says Milan would be the team to replace Porto or CSKA? Why would UEFA choose Milan instead of Everton or Sevilla?
ZIDANE THE LEGEND
Check out my Anaerobic Fitness Guide

its because they are tossers and they think milan will be more exciting then say everton.

at the end of the day all they care about is making money imo they probably dont care who wins as long as they have a decent financial result at the end of the day and that pisses me off because football isn't about money at all i dont think. You get these match fixing scandals you would normally think they are like i know lets bribe the ref because we are doing shit in the league etc but i dont think people who do that arent interested in the clubs future all they care about is making money.
i was made to ignite

mint wrote:
well expert i think they only did that because if the previous winners werent gonna defend there title because they didn't qualify it wouldn't look good for uefa at the end of the day.

Don't be fooled mint, if the same thing had happend to a smaller club, Uefa wouldn't flinch.
It goes to show, that when you are rich or important the normal laws don't apply to you (as it is in real life :))

PS: The Champions league itself is also a joke.
I mean it's called "The Champions League" yet you have non-champions playing in it.
Uefa have no respect for tradition.
They want a lot of games with all the big club names in there.

expert wrote:
mint wrote:

Don't be fooled mint, if the same thing had happend to a smaller club, Uefa wouldn't flinch.
It goes to show, that when you are rich or important the normal laws don't apply to you (as it is in real life :))

yea. don't say liverpool are lucky though. all the liverpool fans would be up in arms and bust out the same story about the kid and his father. :lol:

expert wrote:
mint wrote:

yeah good point expert i didn't think of that, its like what i said in my other post all they care about is making money, they probably had a decision, dont let liverpool qualify and lose money or let them qualify and make money.

id probably say that liverpool slipped them a bit of money as well to let them qualify.
i was made to ignite

Milan isn't in the CL next year. Instead of Porto is some random portguese and in Sofia is being replaced by the team below them in the table.

damn it! I'm so frustrated how could milan not qualify to the CL?

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

casar22 wrote:
because the team lacked depth and wasn't as good as it has been in the past. That about answers your question, they're too old and it doesn't look like they're fixing that problem with their transfers so far.

casar22 wrote:

because they had a shit season in serie A. i mean, don't get me wrong, i like Milan and i really wanted them to get in, but they just don't deserve it by the way they played this past season. don't worry though. they'll be back in next season. they've made some signings and are going to make some more so they'll finish in the top 4. i think they'll finish 2nd in serie A

soccer11 wrote:
casar22 wrote:

because they had a shit season in serie A. i mean, don't get me wrong, i like Milan and i really wanted them to get in, but they just don't deserve it by the way they played this past season. don't worry though. they'll be back in next season. they've made some signings and are going to make some more so they'll finish in the top 4. i think they'll finish 2nd in serie A

I know they played like shit and thats why im so frustrated. Ur right that maybe with the signings they'll be able to finish in the top 4 but they've got to play with the same intensity in every game cuz like they beat inter the last time they played but they lost to a team that was like in 14th place 3-0 and they cant rely on pato all the time, u saw what happend against arsenal at the CL, he missed a goal opportunity :?

that's a derby game and players always get up for those more in my opinion.
and losing to a 13th place team just shows their inconsistancy. a lot more big names will move this summer i believe, so just keep watching.

soccer11 wrote:
that's a derby game and players always get up for those more in my opinion.
and losing to a 13th place team just shows their inconsistancy. a lot more big names will move this summer i believe, so just keep watching.

Well, I hope we have a better season for 08/09. I want Milan to win the Serie A again :?