Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

08/09 season of A-league

Yea i think adelaide still did really well, but yea gamba were just too good for them.

Had2bHarry wrote:
If were gonna talk about the ACL Final, then someone should make a thread in the Asia forum.

Whats even more sad is I wasted $20 to go and see Sydney beat my beloved Melbourne Victory 2-0...who played like absolute crap.

yea i was going to go to that match but couldnt find anywhere to stay in melb, im glad i didnt now though haha, its good to see that victory's top of the table though and they can only get better with there strikers back.

how about aus in the qualifiers, going well.. it suks that they dont play the matches on normal tv though =(

Adelaide 0-2 Gamba. Din watch the match but, well, the Adelaide players could have at least tried. :roll:

Wanderer wrote:
Adelaide 0-2 Gamba. Din watch the match but, well, the Adelaide players could have at least tried. :roll:

I didnt watch the match either, but I'm sure they tried, they didnt become the first Australian side to reach the Asian Champions league final with a $1.9million salary cap by just sleepwalking thier way through.

Either way, I'm proud of them, and hopefully this is a sign of what the A-league can achieve despite the lack of resources.
Sig by me

lol, I woudn't be proud if we had gotten beat 5-0 no matter what. In fact, I wud hav done hara-kiri. :P

Anyway, heres hoping Sydney win the league tho 8)

Well... dissappointing finish to Adelaide's ACL campaign, but hey, the first Aussie club to make it that far, so there you go. Now that that is over I hope their A-league performances improve though :D :oops:

Well they beat Sydney 2-0 so thats an improvement. I cant beleive the season is already more than halfway through already. Shame, because its been such a great season so far, for Melbourne Victory anyway :D

AJman, what is your opinion on the Cristiano dive from a few weeks ago against Melbourne?
Sig by me

I think that dive was rubbish :roll: . As far as I'm concerned, that sorta stuff can stay overseas. Hopefully the FFA moves to correct the problem

Any bets for the Jets making the finals series this season? I'm open to all and any. :wink:

AJman2 wrote:
Well... dissappointing finish to Adelaide's ACL campaign, but hey, the first Aussie club to make it that far, so there you go. Now that that is over I hope their A-league performances improve though :D :oops:

1-0 over Al Ahly, how's that for a result against the reigning Egyptian Champions? Puts a put of dosh in the coffers for all clubs too hey? Let's just hope we can start getting attendances up across the board now for the rest of the season. :)

I would just like to draw attention to the fact that Adelaide United are on top of the table:D

AJman2 wrote:
I would just like to draw attention to the fact that Adelaide United are on top of the table:D

i'd just like to draw attention to the fact that QLD are breathing down adelaide's neck :D

i was just thinking to myself, why dont they play a-league matches on normal tv??? i know they get money from fox and all that, but AFL seems to be able to do it, along with the cricket so why not a-league?? and also epl and the other leagues. sbs could easily be able to do it on their second channel (sbs news) like they did with the club world cup games, that was an awesome night of football. haha, man utd v gamba game was crazy..
wats evryone else think about it all??

as a sydney fc fan im utterly disappointed with out season. aloisi and kosmina have been embarrassments. i hope our new russian owners sack both of them. since we are basically out of the finals I hope adelaide win it. They deserve it with all the promoting for the a-league that they have done.

Jared18134 wrote:
as a sydney fc fan im utterly disappointed with out season. aloisi and kosmina have been embarrassments. i hope our new russian owners sack both of them. since we are basically out of the finals I hope adelaide win it. They deserve it with all the promoting for the a-league that they have done.

http://sportal.com.au/football-news-dis ... -now-62909 - That's Kossie safe, now what about Aloisi and his big fat salary-package?

Alexio1092 wrote:

http://sportal.com.au/football-news-dis ... -now-62909 - That's Kossie safe, now what about Aloisi and his big fat salary-package?

apparently they wanna release aloisi! :D