Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League 08-09 discussion thread

MUFC1994 wrote:
Barca 2- Bayern 0

Eto 12'
Messi 8'

13 minutes into the games Bayern is getting butt raped

4-0 at half :roll:

Damn, 3-1 Win for Chelsea in Anfield. Liverpool looked the better side in the first half with an early goal from Torres but Ivanovic tied it at 1-1 before half.

After that, Liverpool played poorly. Ivanovic scored again! Another header from a corner kick and poor marking by Liverpool. And then Chelsea scored a 3rd, this time coming from Drogba. I don't see Liverpool coming back from this. Chelsea will move on.

huge surprise dude. i thought liverpool was gonna win with ease.. not just cause of the first half, but because how they been playing lately. hopefully this will lower there moral so manchester can win the leage. though im not sure if this works that way..

about the barcelona game.. messi is something else !! he juked bayern munich defense with so much ease. and their attack all together with henry etoo iniesta xavi MESSI ..is just lethal lethal.... puyol is great back there too.

right now its impossible to predict anything for me.. for every result was a surprise to me.. i was thinking arsenal was going to dominate villareal 0-2, Man U slap porto 3-0 Liverpool beat chelse 2-1 and Barcelona barely beat bayern 1-0 or something......

Chelsea just walked all over Liverpool
Truly from a netrual perspecitive Liverpool could have been 6 goals down after the 90 mins
The only positive they got out of that game was a yellow for JT (who misses the next match at The Bridge because of it)

But being realistic... I'd say Liverpool are out of the Champions Leauge now, they do have the rep for pulling off comebacks... But at least 3 goals away to Chealsa is a bit beyond them

As for the Barca game... Taking into account I only saw the highlights, Bayern were pretty much non-existent, Barca were unlucky to only get four

hey prodigy.. chelsea didnt walk all over liverpool.. they dominated the second half a little more than liverpool but the first half was clearly mostly liverpools.. anybody that follows the premier league and watches liverpool play should be clearly surprised... i was fucking terrified that they were going to win the champs again... i cant lie to oyu.. as a manchester fan.. lately liverpool is the best team in the world... beat man u 4-1 .. aston villa 5-0 real madrid 4-0 and 1-0.....everytime lately man u has tu play liverpool i shit my pants.... thats the only team i fear...!

sorry but i hate gerrard. torres carragehr and all those liverpool kids

panchester07 wrote:
hey prodigy.. chelsea didnt walk all over liverpool.. they dominated the second half a little more than liverpool but the first half was clearly mostly liverpools.. anybody that follows the premier league and watches liverpool play should be clearly surprised... i was fucking terrified that they were going to win the champs again... i cant lie to oyu.. as a manchester fan.. lately liverpool is the best team in the world... beat man u 4-1 .. aston villa 5-0 real madrid 4-0 and 1-0.....everytime lately man u has tu play liverpool i shit my pants.... thats the only team i fear...!

sorry but i hate gerrard. torres carragehr and all those liverpool kids

Liverpool didn't play at all during the second half.... Drogba should have had 4 easy goals.... Gerrard was nonexistent because of Essiens stellar marking. And since Gerrard was basically nonexistent torres had trouble getting the ball in the second half. Unless a miracle happens.... Liverpool is out. All Chelsea has to do now is to defend and look to counter.

Now liverpool is going to walk awy with 0 trophies!!! :D
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Liverpool played like shit. They had nothing going for them most of the game. Lucus is shit and couldn't contend with Essien or Lampard but as well as chelsea played, i don't think mascherano would've been that much more help. Liverpool had very few chances apart from the goal.
Drogba's lost it I think. He had a lot of very good chances and he messed them up. He should've maybe had a hat trick by half.

All in all, I'm happy liverpool are (more than likely) out of the champions league

Barcelona 4 vs Bayern 0

BEST first half barca performance I have seen so far this season. Credit to Pep for strengthening the framework Rijkaard left him. He demands the players to be obsessed with the ball and pressure opponents like madmen, dominating possession and the scoresheet.

Barcelona has killed off so many teams in the first half this season. To defend the lead the team doesnt rely on parking the bus or adding extra defenders/midfielders but focuses on controlling possession and attacking.

For the first five minutes it looked like it was going to be an even match up but then xavi, iniesta and the front three began ripping the defence apart.

70 - 30 possession, Bayern barely had a chance to take the ball outside their own half lmao. That is the standard possession ratio for a good performance but considering the opponent, its awesome.

Even though the tie is technically alive, Barcelona is guaranteed a spot in semis with its old nemesis.

Liverpool 1 vs Chelsea 3

Isnt this the 5th time those two have faced each other? It was great to see Hiddink's men outclass Benitez' crew in their own territory. The last time Liverpool was beaten at anfield was in february....damn

With three away goals Chelsea basically has one foot and a half in the semi-finals. Liverpool cant score 3 goals and come away with a clean sheet at stamford bridge.

I liked how this is working out. I want Chelsea to face Barcelona again.

MUFC1994 wrote:
WOW....United has managed to fuck up both the premier league and the champions league. I don't understand how we didn't demolish Porto, they suck and so does the portugese league. Scholes played like crap, Evra was nonexistent, Ronaldo was dissapointing, I thought Rooney, Vidic and Van der Sar were the only ones that showed up to play.

I really cant understand why Fletcher started....Everyone says he is the most improved player on the squad and yet he still sucks balls. And Fergie should have pulled scholes by the end of the first half.

I cant wait to get Ferdinand back because Evan lacks the experience and is still to young in my opinion. He's looked very shaky lately.

*End of Rant*

Gotta give credit to Porto though. They finished top in their group over arsenal and then beat a good atletico madrid team that liverpool barely managed to tie.

Man united still has a chance. 3 goals with a clean-sheet will be enough but away to Porto it will be a bit tricky.

Crap result for Liverpool last night, they didn't play their best and just got beat because chelski took their chances and we didn't, when Torres got that first goal though i thought yes another thrashing of chelsea but it wasn't to be. :cry:

In my opinion gerrard played crap compared to what he can normally play like, Liverpool arent out if it yet though, we just need to win by 3 goals or more at stamford bridge which is a tall order but quite possible.

I watched the highlights of the Barca game after wards and they absolutely battered Bayern, if they had scored all their chances it will have been more then 6-0.
i was made to ignite

Quote:
hey prodigy.. chelsea didnt walk all over liverpool.. they dominated the second half a little more than liverpool but the first half was clearly mostly liverpools

Man... Chealsa walked all over Liverpool, there was an even game in the first half, Chealsa were slightly better, and in the second half liverpool were eaten alive

Take note that I hate Chealsa

Quote:
anybody that follows the premier league and watches liverpool play should be clearly surprised... i was fucking terrified that they were going to win the champs again... i cant lie to oyu.. as a manchester fan.. lately liverpool is the best team in the world

Liverpool usually play very predictable (play a few low passes for possesion, then hit one long for penatration), but because they have a very good team ethic and spirit its hard to beat them, but chealsa are similar and they have shown that they are better at it and overall a better team

Quote:
beat man u 4-1 .. aston villa 5-0 real madrid 4-0 and 1-0

Yeah good results in one aspect

Man United... also got beat by Fulham, almost got beat by Porto, Almost got beat by Villa, should have got beat by Inter, not really on the best run of form recently

Villa... have reached the end of their threshold, their squad doesn't have enough depth and Liverpool out-played them because their entire team was Physically and Mentally drained

Madrid... Don't even get me started, they have just gone to shit

The 'form' teams left in the CL are Chealsa and Barca... talk to me after liverpool play one of them... oh wait... they did

I'm not saying liverpool are shit, its just there recent results have kinda overemphasized their invincibility, They are still one of the hardest teams to beat in the world, but they aren't the best, Chealsa last night beat them at their own game in the First half... And then walked all over them after in the second

man i was glad with the 3-1 result at anfield . I was surprised tho i was when liverpool scored early on and that liverpool had everything under control. Boy i was wrong

If chelsea make it thourgh which is likely and barca which also likely . Gosh Chelsea vs Barca , thats going to be a mouth-watering match .

What a craker of a goal
Ronaldo Goal

Looks like Fergies words ran true for CR7, I saw him track back on at least 3 occasions (which is way more than usual) he'd didn't play insanely well, mainly because he was deprived of the ball, but he was effective when he got the ball...

I didn't see the Arsenal match cause RTÉ only have coverage of one of the games and thats always Uniteds game :x

That ended 3-0 with this beauty being the highlight
Walcott Goal

Semi Finals (I think)
Arsenal - United
Chealsa - Barcelona

Hope its not a repeat of last years final... Arsenal - Barca (back to 2006) is my hope

You could have watched the Arsenal game on espn360.com.... the entire game!

O and btw NBP Arsenal is going down.... :D
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

I think Barca against Manchester United would be the best final. Nothing against Arsenal, United's just a better team this season. And obviously I don't want to play chelsea again in the finals, that would just be boring. Barcelona would actually pose a challenge for us.

After watching the game, Porto is kind of a dirty team. They constantly were complaining and bitching to the ref, it was getting somewhat boring to watch that over and over again. United's defense held tough with Rio back there so I'm happy with that. Hopefully that's a sign for things to come for the rest of the season.