Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League 08-09 discussion thread

Berbatov has a shitty attitude. Just wait until he starts sitting the bench, he will sulk like you've never seen.

Arsenal raped Porto today. Van Persie's second goal was very nice.

God damn brewery!!!

mpcarres14 wrote:
Berbatov has a shitty attitude. Just wait until he starts sitting the bench, he will sulk like you've never seen.

I have to agree, as much as he is class, he is just as much of a sulker, but then again you're an Arsenal fan so you're biased. :wink:

Arse actually played great today, coming off that loss to Hull *cough* NBP *cough*
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

casar22 wrote:
About Real's game, it was competitive most of the time. Higuain should've scored but mistakes happen.

well the first 15 minutes real dominated, then zenit dominated till they scored, which ended up being a wake up call for real and they went back to attacking alot.

By the second half, zenit upped the pressure and schuster decided to sit back by taking off van der vaart, his biggest attacking threat and introducing javi garcia a defensive minded midfielder.

Also forget what I said about higuain improving alot and being given starts over raul. Although a good dribbler, his finishing is still dodgy. If Raul was in his position he would have definitely converted the back heel flick by van der vaart and the set up from robben's run down the right wing ( its called sliding to get a toe in, wouldnt have been difficult seeing how the pitch was so slippery and everyone was falling down). Higuain just shanked those chances and a couple of others.

Just to let u know I said most of the time, I never said Real dominated the whole game...

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

lol i am not implying you said that. I am saying they both dominated but it was in different periods of time. Real mostly in the first half and zenit mostly in the second.

plus I also wanted to share my thoughts on higuain undeservedly starting over one of the top two leading scorers in the champions league......the other one being ruud van horseyface

My bad dude. Van Nistelrooy is Real's best player right now. I hope he keeps his good work up :D

no worries bro. Ruud is on fire. He has found the net in four consecutive games he has played. Too good.

I can't believe Shakhtar let Barcelona beat them. Their goalie messed up in the 1st goal and Messi did what he was supposed to do. Their 2nd goal was amazing.

Atletico won again. Aguero scored again and a good goal by Raul Garcia.

I did not watch the game because I was at school, they should start like around 3:00 or something :D

what the hell is wrong wid chelsea today...they played so unenthusiastic and just played a boring game of pass,stand up and call back for it,pass again,hit it up field hard and lose it....dawn that was boring...to be honest we didnt deserve to win..we should have loss probably 1-0 or 2-1...yea we had good chances but most of them were lucky
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

shahensha wrote:
no worries bro. Ruud is on fire. He has found the net in four consecutive games he has played. Too good.

Yeah he still one of the best strikers in the world IMO. I'd put him in the top 5. He consistently finds the back of the net day in and day out.

wow thats how you know messi is a difference maker. Comes on as a sub in the final 30 minutes of the game. Set up eto'o with an amazing throughball that should have been converted. Then he scored an easy tap in for a late equalizer and then latched on to a priceless throughball from xavi and finished it off with a sublime chip in the injury time to take the lead. Second game in a row he has scored an injury time winner. He is too good

haha I loved his sinister smile when he was running back to the centre half with the ball in his hand after scoring his first. He was prolly thinking "muhahaha you damn fools, its over now. Watch how I will leave all of you weeping now".

Yeah I saw the 2nd goal by Messi and it was sick. He has such a good touch on the ball, it's unreal. And Xavi's pass was too good. He split the defense with that perfect throughball. Beautiful play by Barca.

i hate how here in canada the only team i can watch is manchester united during the champions league. i hate tsn :evil:
Berlin Here We Come

shows the other game later around 12:00 am

tsn2 shows back to back games

i no man, but i dont get tsn2 and im not watching a game a 12am with school the next day, but i figured out that espn is showing the juve-real game like now so whats good:)
Berlin Here We Come