Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League 08-09 discussion thread

Juve won. Yey! :)
Porto lost tough, don't support them (BENFICAAAA) but its a portuguese team its kinda lame for them to lose, and eventually lose a spot on the next phase of the CL.

Arsenal won 5-2 today! Walcott and Ramsey scored, it was Ramsey's first goal for the club. Defending was horrible though on both sides. I'm really not like Mikeal Silvestre (sp), he was terrible.

Haha he pulled off an assist on the third goal I think. Just cuz he scored an own goal doesn't mean the world :wink:

THE YELLOW SUBMARINE TRIUMPHS AGAIN! :D :D :D
Too bad Nihat couldn't join in the fun of wrecking up AaL

Did anyone hear about the terrible news leading up to the Juve - Real Madrid game.

Two Juventus fans died in a bus accident earlier today on their way to the Stadio Olimpico for the game, sad news. Rest in Peace and best wishes to their family.

Also, I'm glad that Juve got the win on this one, but Real will no doubt come back stronger than ever.
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
Haha he pulled off an assist on the third goal I think. Just cuz he scored an own goal doesn't mean the world :wink:

THE YELLOW SUBMARINE TRIUMPHS AGAIN! :D :D :D
Too bad Nihat couldn't join in the fun of wrecking up AaL

It's not because of his own goal, he was terrible at marking, "fell asleep" numerous times. Most attackers just walked around him.

Apparently, the Francenal performance was absolutely fantastic last night. Great result. Its nice to see another French club doing well in addition to Lyon.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

why did chelsea play such shit today..why wasnt mikel subbed(he played crap)..man we didnt even deserve one goal,im ashamed and angry :x :x :oops:

roma packed their defense,totti played good,anelka played good,and again,mikel played total rubbish and what a shit red card,why didnt he just call back the play,thats rubbish,anyway roma deserved it anyway,but that red card was shitty :x ,ref was stupid
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Bullshit. Liverpool was so lucky to get away with a point winning a penalty in the 95th minute. How did they win the penalty? Gerrard jumping forward for an air ball turning pernia around as he hit the defender and falling to the ground. That was no where near a foul. If anything the foul should go against gerrard cause he made the contact but naw the loud protest from the kop played a major hand in winning them a penalty. Totally bullshit call.

shahensha wrote:
Bullshit. Liverpool was so lucky to get away with a point winning a penalty in the 95th minute. How did they win the penalty? Gerrard jumping forward for an air ball turning pernia around as he hit the defender and falling to the ground. That was no where near a foul. If anything the foul should go against gerrard cause he made the contact but naw the loud protest from the kop played a major hand in winning them a penalty. Totally bullshit call.

i think in general play we didnt deserve to lose with the agger hat-trick misss and the handball pen we didnt get. Gerrard plays the worst game ive seen for a while but that dive proves even more why i hate gerrard now.

Liverpool should have won tonight easy i think if we had took all our chances. first few minutes i think its agger should have buried but went down too easy, then keane should have got that shot on target where he chested it then volleyed, that was a good effort though, then he had a chance again to score one on one with keeper should have scored but keeper took it off him.

the goal that athletico scored the liverpool defence should hav dealt with it better. the ref was poor tonight we had some obvious decisions against us, such as the handball incidents obvious corners etc, the peno shouldn't have been a peno imo i dont think gerrard dived but he fouled the defender.
i was made to ignite

Chelsea vs Roma
Qualification is not a problem for Chelsea,they will go through,i think they should have won the match but unfortunately they did not but it's ok,everybody wants to c some competition(btw imo totti should hit the gym asap,he looks more like a pregnant woman than a football player;Vucinic n doni were amazing)
A.Madridvs Liverpool
this match will surely bring some major headlines in tomorrows newspaper,this match makes me feel sorry for a.madrid,they played good,defended like a team 4 the whole 90 minutes against a good attack but their party was ruined right at the end by a stupid referee who made a stupid decision,uefa should fire this guy
Barcelona vs Basel
after beating Basel 5-0 away,i thought it would get much more worse for Basel but it did not happen as i thought,Basel snatched a point in nou camp n they fully deserved it,barca were never able to play as a unit n it was again (messi the savior)who saved barca

i did not c the rest of the matches,looking forward to Real Madrid's clash against juventus tomorrow,i hope Real madrid wins tomorrow

powell wrote:
shahensha wrote:

i think in general play we didnt deserve to lose with the agger hat-trick misss and the handball pen we didnt get. Gerrard plays the worst game ive seen for a while but that dive proves even more why i hate gerrard now.

Yeah I pretty much lost most of my respect for Gerrard for his gay diving now. Terrible, terrible, terrible, call made by the referee. That was an extremely soft penalty and Gerrard obviously flopped in the box.

And how was there even 5-6 mins of stoppage time? And the ref then gives the penalty to Liverpool in the closing seconds as Liverpool is down 1-0. Favoritism shown towards Liverpool perhaps? I wouldn't doubt it.

Croatianblood1 wrote:
powell wrote:
shahensha wrote:

Yeah I pretty much lost most of my respect for Gerrard for his gay diving now. Terrible, terrible, terrible, call made by the referee. That was an extremely soft penalty and Gerrard obviously flopped in the box.

And how was there even 5-6 mins of stoppage time? And the ref then gives the penalty to Liverpool in the closing seconds as Liverpool is down 1-0. Favoritism shown towards Liverpool perhaps? I wouldn't doubt it.

didnt see the game but when i took my last peek at the game gerrard was placing the ball on the spot..i think in the 4th min of stoppage time,but from what i heard liverpool were fancied by the ref

im still trying to figure out how could a ref send off someone for taking a quick fk :?
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

i didn't get to see the game (damn class schedule) but i have read about it.
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Gerrard says that he's not sure whether it was a penalty or not. you know it's bad when the player that was "fouled" didn't think it was a penalty

tevezaholic wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:
powell wrote:
shahensha wrote:

didnt see the game but when i took my last peek at the game gerrard was placing the ball on the spot..i think in the 4th min of stoppage time,but from what i heard liverpool were fancied by the ref

Who do you hear these things from. I admit that pen was a joke but the ref gave horrible calls mainly against us. Like lightfreekicks for madrid. Goalkicks instead of corners. 2 easy hand ball decisions. I fair penalty turned down, and a few freekicks not given.

So i wouldnt say he favoured us at all apart from that last joke. Apart from that all game he was in madrid's favour if you had to choice but honestly the ref was absalutly shocking fullstop.