Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

local club to premier league?

and im tryin out for u18 :O lol thats goin to be abit difficult cus they can ppush me of the ball easy and stuff.
but i dont care. i will be ready on the day
if alll goes well.

so i started fitness.

im practicing 4-5hrs a day.

ill do anything to make it~! :evil:

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:
im 15
i dident make my div1 youth trial

im hoping to play for syd olympic if i make it in october.

so far ur doin better than me :)

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:
so i started fitness.

im practicing 4-5hrs a day.

ill do anything to make it~! :evil:

thats the right atitude to have and if you keep that atitude up you will succeed but make sure you rest now and again to avoid overtraining and risking injury.
i was made to ignite

Good luck NGU. Nothings impossible if you really set your mind to it.
It sounds like your going down the right track.

Remember, the only way to succeed is to fail, so if you screw up then learn from it, thats the best advice I can give. There are plenty of players who bloom late,but still have successful careers, so be patient as well.

If you do make the Youth premier league, the main difference is going to be the pace and the decision making, so keep working at your fitness, play as much football as you can. And dont forget to enjoy it of course :wink:

Also look after your body, eat well, rest, and work on your flexibilty as much as you can like mint said.

Make sure you tell us if you get an A league contract one day :D
Sig by me

thankyou ppl

im only training 4-5hrs cuz im on holidays, do i have to train less when i start skool?

i get up every morning at 8 to train

When you do start school, you shouldn't have to train less if you manage your time right, like dont neglect your homework but dont neglect training either.

this is a link to a good guide by had2bharry on managing time.

http://expertfootball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11978
i was made to ignite

im getting depresed wen i train. i dunno i just lak the bloody patience.

i dunno how to train heading when no1 is ther to cross it, all i do is juggle with the head

and i cant practice chest control cuz their isnt any walls so i just do chest stallz

http://expertfootball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11681
You'll never go pro by whining btw

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:

i dunno how to train heading when no1 is ther to cross it, all i do is juggle with the head

and i cant practice chest control cuz their isnt any walls so i just do chest stallz

Ok im going to be pretty harsh with you now, if you keep up with this atitude you will never achieve anything not just in footbal but in life in general, you will end up in a crappy job not earning much money and you will see other people living the high life and nejoying themselves while you are doing the same old thing day after day.

OR.

you could change your atitude,you could start thinking confident, you could start always thinking positive and fignht for it with every ounce of will you have and you will reap the rewards if you keep fighting for your dreams and Never give up.

Its your choice at the end of the day, no one here can tell you what to do, only give you support and good advice, its ultimately ddown to you what you do, whether you grow some balls and start fighting and not stopping or you may as well give up now.

Ive been through a lot of shit in my life but you know what? it hasn't destroyed my will, iits only strengthened it ten times as much and i am never going to stop fighting for what i want, im not going to listen to idiots who say i CANT, there is no such word as cant, there is nothing you cant do if you just start thinking positive and work for it.

Sorry if this seemed harsh but i m trying to help.
i was made to ignite

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:

You sound like a whiney bitch. Man the fuck up. Your setting yourself up for failure with that attitude.

I still think you are aiming way too high too soon. Why rush it? Work your way up. What are you going to do if you fail again? I think Olympic is way too big of a jump. Start our lower.

I think this is some great advice.
ESPNsoccernet: What sort of advice did you hear about entering the MLS draft versus jumping to play in Europe? What were the main factors that went into deciding where you want to play?

MT: Jumping to Europe [and any professional level in general] is certainly a challenge, and the most important thing is that you don't overshoot and go for the mega-contract right off the bat. You need to go somewhere where you can evolve in soccer and in life, because playing abroad is much different than college and/or MLS. It is also important that you have a realistic chance of playing regularly at your new club because game experience cannot be substituted. I've also been told that the life of a professional is much different than anything I've ever experienced thus far. The day-to-day competition and rigors of it are demanding and stressful and it takes a strong mind to grind through it all.

Have you tried this scheme http://www.psa3.com/mainpage.htm a lot of players have had trials in the UK.

I agree with everyone here, you can't have that attitude. Sydney Olympic arent going to sign you if you think like that.

Although, I disagree with you Arsenal, I think that aiming to get into a youth premier league side in Australia is a reasonable goal. You do have to step up, but its a reasonable goal all the same that hard work can acheive. My goal would probably be the same.

As for getting depressed, you're doing alot of training mate, and putting alot of pressure & expectation on yourself, this happens.

My advice: have a few days break (dont be scared to have more), search the site for drills and stuff and come up with a fresh new training regime with new drills. You need to reset your mind and refocus so you can get the most out of your training.
Sig by me

Had2bHarry wrote:
I agree with everyone here, you can't have that attitude. Sydney Olympic arent going to sign you if you think like that.

Although, I disagree with you Arsenal, I think that aiming to get into a youth premier league side in Australia is a reasonable goal. You do have to step up, but its a reasonable goal all the same that hard work can acheive. My goal would probably be the same.

As for getting depressed, you're doing alot of training mate, and putting alot of pressure & expectation on yourself, this happens.

My advice: have a few days break (dont be scared to have more), search the site for drills and stuff and come up with a fresh new training regime with new drills. You need to reset your mind and refocus so you can get the most out of your training.

I think youth premier is a good goal but he is aiming for Sydney Olympic, isn't that like the top youth club in the country?

I think he is aiming too high by going for olympic, however, olympic aren't the only team in the league.

I think 4-5 hours is a bit extreme. Most pro's only train 3 hours at the most. And rest at least once a week. You don't want to overtrain and get burned out or risk getting injured.

Once it gets closer to the trials find out who has trials and what times/days. Try and go to as many as you can (make sure you can rest a few days inbetween). The more you go to the more likely you will be to get on a team.

I think he shud just stop thinking and talking and whining and feeling so much and just train. You know, just do it.

I agree with h2bh on the goals part tho. Oh yeah and 4,5hours aint extreme, especially if you're on hols. It does needs tough mindedness to keep goin tho.

Rest is vital tho. Personally I rest for like 5,10 mins after half or one hour. depending on the situation.

Oh yeah and getting to lotsa trials wont get you there. Ability will.

On the deppressed part, well, watching Liverpool play makes me deppressed too..But I still support them and watch them..

Are you on a team now or at least doing some pick up games? Keep playing in games to gauage how much you are improving.

Have you timed any sprints? Try timing 40m and 100m sprints and keep trying to get the time down.

Remember this quote "you can have all the ability in the world but if you don't apply yourself you will never make it as a pro".

If you don't have the patientce to put in the work maybe you need a break. One to 2 days won't kill you.

So you don't have a wall, find one. I used a an outside table as my wall, just improvise.

Stop whining and start doing, if you trained as much as you whine you could be a good player.

I know ability will get him on a team, not too many trials, but since he is trailing for u18 teams, he isn't getting any younger. He needs to get on a team before he gets too old to tryout.