Chelsea vs Barcelona

UEFA Champions League

Moderator: Staff

who will go through

Poll ended at 27 Apr 2009, 18:54

CHELSEA FC!!!
9
43%
Barcelona
12
57%
 
Total votes: 21

tevezaholic
Veteran Member
Posts: 1676
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 18:54

Postby tevezaholic » 06 May 2009, 23:04

stop hating,even if he didnt have a good game its still harsh to say hes shit
JESUS IS LORD
Image
Oh crap,missed me bus!!
Image

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1101
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Postby Wanderer » 06 May 2009, 23:29

anhkhoashevakt wrote:I couldn't believe it! Chelsea had the chance to have at least 2 penalties, but the referee simply just walked away! :(

nah Im sure there'll be others showin vids and claiming why its a handball and why the ref was against Chelsea.

and at the end of the day it was Chelsea's own fault with their boring defensive so called effective football.They brought it upon themselves


And you propose if Chelsea play with attacking football and loose, then they would have been happier?
Each team has a style, and so-called defensive football of Chelsea had a great match today. It just that luck wasn't on their side, AND also the ref. In my opinion Chelsea left the CL with the right to keep their heads up, because they have done everything they can, and if thing was decided right, they would have won.
Anyway the ref had this say, Chelsea lost. We can't do anything about it. Let's just wait for next year.

All this shit bout refereeing decisions. It happens, and it balances itselves out. In the quarters you all had plenty of non fouls that were given as fouls against us(Liverpool) which helped. So its jz karma here that the ref dun giv yall fouls.

Also the ref din force Drogba to slap Vidic, and if he din, Chelsea wud prob hav won that. And if Drogba hadn't pretend to be injured, there wudnt be 4 mins of added time.

And yeah if they had played attacking footy and lost, (i.e. 4-4 ), least they can say they had a go for it. If playing 10 men behind the ball is doin everything they can, then well done to them.

Also does anyone hav a link to the Iniesta goal? was pretty good technique.

Pichichi
Veteran Member
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 23:54

Postby Pichichi » 06 May 2009, 23:54


tevezaholic
Veteran Member
Posts: 1676
Joined: 13 Feb 2008, 18:54

Postby tevezaholic » 06 May 2009, 23:55

no matter what barca fans say,u still cant look pass the ref so quit trying to,the ref was slanted
JESUS IS LORD
Image
Oh crap,missed me bus!!
Image

User avatar
Ballack13
Veteran Member
Posts: 1561
Joined: 31 Mar 2007, 03:10
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Postby Ballack13 » 07 May 2009, 00:21

Wanderer wrote:Thats how class Chelsea were


Yeah, so? Almost every player in the same position would have been doing the same things, yelling at the referee's, cameramen, and even fans. I recall that little bitch Dani Alves reacting the same way at the Nou Camp. Some players have huge tempers, its a part of any sport.

In the end, its over, even if the game was controversial... shit happens, and what we witnessed at the Bridge today, was just that.
Image
Only real footballers could fight like this.

anhkhoashevakt
Senior Member
Posts: 181
Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 18:00

Postby anhkhoashevakt » 07 May 2009, 00:38

Wanderer wrote:
anhkhoashevakt wrote:I couldn't believe it! Chelsea had the chance to have at least 2 penalties, but the referee simply just walked away! :(

nah Im sure there'll be others showin vids and claiming why its a handball and why the ref was against Chelsea.

and at the end of the day it was Chelsea's own fault with their boring defensive so called effective football.They brought it upon themselves


And you propose if Chelsea play with attacking football and loose, then they would have been happier?
Each team has a style, and so-called defensive football of Chelsea had a great match today. It just that luck wasn't on their side, AND also the ref. In my opinion Chelsea left the CL with the right to keep their heads up, because they have done everything they can, and if thing was decided right, they would have won.
Anyway the ref had this say, Chelsea lost. We can't do anything about it. Let's just wait for next year.

All this shit bout refereeing decisions. It happens, and it balances itselves out. In the quarters you all had plenty of non fouls that were given as fouls against us(Liverpool) which helped. So its jz karma here that the ref dun giv yall fouls.

Also the ref din force Drogba to slap Vidic, and if he din, Chelsea wud prob hav won that. And if Drogba hadn't pretend to be injured, there wudnt be 4 mins of added time.

And yeah if they had played attacking footy and lost, (i.e. 4-4 ), least they can say they had a go for it. If playing 10 men behind the ball is doin everything they can, then well done to them.

Also does anyone hav a link to the Iniesta goal? was pretty good technique.


OK, so you're saying it's because of karma that the ref didn't give us fouls. Didn't Barca play dirty as well in the quarters and such? A term like karma doesn't apply to today's football, because if it does, every team will be punished in every match! It just the one match here that the decision of the ref matters, and that match is this one!
And look again, I wasn't even complaining a bit about the 4 added time. I was just saying that the decisions not to give Chelsea penalties in clear positions were way too stupid, and can't be afford in this level of game.
And now if I tell you, if Chelsea got those 2 penalties and the score is 3-1, can anyone dare to say that they don't play good attack football? And what say you about the Drogba's falling in the penalty area? If he wasn't fouled, he could have scored! And who can say otherwise than Chelsea played good attacking football then? :roll:
I'm not a crazy fan of Chelsea, and yes, congrats Barca for winning the right to play in the final. But come on this game's referee was just sucked! That's THE FACT.

User avatar
mrbeankid22
Moderator
Posts: 762
Joined: 26 Jul 2005, 02:28
Location: Dallas, TX US
Contact:

Postby mrbeankid22 » 07 May 2009, 01:40

Wow, I was hoping that whoever faced United would be able to put up a good fight, at least on paper ...

Now Barca are without Abidal, Alves, and no Marquez as we know. Without their wingbacks, I find it hard that they could find an effective way to springboard an attack against a disciplined Manchester United side.

Honestly I can understand the reactions from the Chelski players, I'm sure if this was United that lost in this fashion, SAF would be running around like a mad man. Rio and Rooney would be irate, and even Ronaldo might have had to sit down next to the corner flag and shed a few tears.

User avatar
Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2933
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Postby Hugh » 07 May 2009, 02:54

Wanderer:

1) Karma has nothing to do with football, every match ought to be as fair as possible with respect to the refereeing, and unfair games should not create a "karmic imbalance" which makes it ok for that same team to lose in an unfair game or vice versa.

2) Pique's handball was not entirely ball to hand and it bounced for him in a more advantageous position, while it wouldn't be a red card (delib foul to prevent clear goalscoring opportunity) it should still be a penalty. Besides, his arm was extended and off his body.

3) The handball from ballack's shot at the end of the game was DEFINITELY a penalty shot, it was not ball to hand, it was not shoulder, and his arm was waaaaay off his body. No doubt in my mind that that was a penalty, it's simply a shame that UEFA didn't pick a ref that was up to the job.

4) Red card was undeserved, it was a dive by Drogba.

5) Barcelona were NOT an attacking force in this game, they had lots of posession an lots of penetration BUT ONLY ONE SHOT ON TARGET and don't give me that it's the goals that count bs, if barcelona really were the beautiful attacking team that fans keep claiming they are, then they'd have had more shots on target, shots off target don't count in this instance because none of them were even close.

In conclusion: Barcelona were quite lucky to get that victory (and everyone knows it) so lets not hear any more about this, I won't say chelsea deserved to win because they also played like shit, in fact, both semi final matchups have reminded me of the southpark episode where stan must chose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche. None of the four teams have shown us any inkling of great football, and some of the games have actually been quite painful to watch.

User avatar
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member
Posts: 3018
Joined: 25 May 2005, 21:36
Location: New York, USA
Contact:

Postby Croatianblood1 » 07 May 2009, 03:02

There were some bad calls in this game. 1. Maoulda was fouled in the box by Dani Alves, should have been a penalty kick. 2. Pique handball in the box wasnt called, another pk. 3. The red card was a horrible call. Anelka fell down on his own.

Anyway the goals in this game were world class. Essien's strike was one of the best I have seen in a while and Iniesta's goal in stoppage time was fantastic. To produce such a goal late in the game is amazing. All in all it wasn't too exiciting of a game for me until the late stunner from Iniesta.

Good luck to Barca in the finals. I was hoping we wouldn't see another Man Utd - Chelsea final.

God damn it, is anyone else sick of seeing Man Utd win everything??? It seems like they just can't lose and they never suffer any key injuries. It must be easy being a Man Utd fan these days. I just hope Barca wins so we can have a different winner this time.

EDIT:

mint wrote:
Hugh wrote:Chelsea are going to win, we all know it.


You never know, anything can happen in football, anyway i have a feeling barca will just nick it.


Nice prediction mint :D Barca just nicked it indeed. :P
Image

User avatar
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks
Posts: 2505
Joined: 10 Mar 2005, 09:25
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby fir_nev » 07 May 2009, 04:19

Croatianblood1 wrote:There were some bad calls in this game. 1. Maoulda was fouled in the box by Dani Alves, should have been a penalty kick. 2. Pique handball in the box wasnt called, another pk. 3. The red card was a horrible call. Anelka fell down on his own.


I woke up early morning to catch the game in the 60th minute. Pique's handball should be a penalty and Abidal's sending off was not accurate at all. I even think Anelka clipped his leg to fall down on his own!

Croatianblood1 wrote:God damn it, is anyone else sick of seeing Man Utd win everything??? It seems like they just can't lose and they never suffer any key injuries. It must be easy being a Man Utd fan these days. I just hope Barca wins so we can have a different winner this time.


Nop. I try very hard not to be complacent. I even told my IT manager that Liverpool can win the league within 3-5 years. We will see the result end of May. I still hope United will be the first team to defend the trophy under the new format.
Image

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3391
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Postby 2brown347 » 07 May 2009, 05:27

I do kind of feel like Chelsea got ripped off this game. The ref definitly sucked, but he did suck both ways. Honestly I'd say there were 4 cases that are arguible for a PK on Chelsea's part, one (Pique's hand ball) was clear as day. It's soccer though and shit happens, but I think Barca fans should take this when with a little salt because it proved that they aren't as great as they claim.


Also lets be honest Alves had one of the worst dives I've ever seen :lol:



And with the red it wasn't deserved, but I don't think Anelka was trying to get the call, he fell and the ref gave the call. BUT there were a few times where Abidal made questionible tackles and didn't get called so I almost feel like the ref was trying to make up for that.

It always seemed like he was one call behind the game.

ronaldoR7
Senior Member
Posts: 198
Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 10:37

Postby ronaldoR7 » 07 May 2009, 05:46

Wanderer wrote:Image


Thats how class Chelsea were



Image


Watch me take off


we were robbed , and i dont blame drogba or ballack or any chelsea player that as furious with the ref. Wouldn't you go beserk if you lost a game in the semi-final in the CL which was rigged . We were supose to have atleast 1 penalty but no penalty all . Everytime there was handball or when toure was pulling drogbas shirt , referee jsut played on no handball . Barca didnt serve to win at all to be honest . Dont make fun of chelsea they played good and deserved to win and barca hardly had any real attacking chances . So i dnt know your talking about .

I also heard in this video that uefa didnt want a 2nd english team in the final ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAW1Q1kU58I
Chelsea vs barcelona conspiracy
even guss hiddink said he could understand his players disapointment

I have a feeling someone is going to shoot that referee and im being serious.

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 07 May 2009, 06:04

Croatianblood1 wrote:God damn it, is anyone else sick of seeing Man Utd win everything??? It seems like they just can't lose and they never suffer any key injuries. It must be easy being a Man Utd fan these days. I just hope Barca wins so we can have a different winner this time.

no, it's not that we don't suffer key injuries. Quite the opposite. This season has been filled with more injuries than I can remember. c.ronaldo in the beginning of the year, Owen Hargreaves all season with a knee injury. Our defense was depleted for a while to the point were we needed to play Johnny Evans on a consistent basis. I'm sure there's some others that I can't remember but we do have key injuries. We're just able to get through them.
Image

Anymi
Veteran Member
Posts: 794
Joined: 21 Dec 2007, 20:09

Postby Anymi » 07 May 2009, 07:24

ronaldoR7 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Image


Thats how class Chelsea were



Image


Watch me take off


we were robbed , and i dont blame drogba or ballack or any chelsea player that as furious with the ref. Wouldn't you go beserk if you lost a game in the semi-final in the CL which was rigged . We were supose to have atleast 1 penalty but no penalty all . Everytime there was handball or when toure was pulling drogbas shirt , referee jsut played on no handball . Barca didnt serve to win at all to be honest . Dont make fun of chelsea they played good and deserved to win and barca hardly had any real attacking chances . So i dnt know your talking about .

I also heard in this video that uefa didnt want a 2nd english team in the final ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAW1Q1kU58I
Chelsea vs barcelona conspiracy
even guss hiddink said he could understand his players disapointment

I have a feeling someone is going to shoot that referee and im being serious.

My Uncle once again smelt a Uefa conspiracy. But then again the sending off was shockers aswell. I think the ref was under the influence

User avatar
truesocceroo
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 05 Jul 2007, 13:37

Postby truesocceroo » 07 May 2009, 07:28

Cant believe all these Chelsea people thinking "we were robbed" and blaming the ref. The ref made some mistakes like they always do but the refereeing was equally hopeless when chelsea repeatedly fouled barcelona at the nou camp, none of them seem to be mentioning that now do they. Blaming referees is what children do, and at the end of the day after they settle down and stop crying, they will see that like in every single game, there are always other chances, drogbas for example where he couldnt finish, and that is why they are out, not because of the ref, but because they couldnt win it for themselves.

I dont think they played badly, and i wont even blame them for playing how they did, but all blaming the ref does is trying to overshadow what was a great win by barcelona. And btw there has been far worse refereeing performances then this, a few dodgy penalty calls is not a "controversy", it is all hype, nothing more, no one will care by the time the final is around.


Return to “Champs League”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests