Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Chelsea vs Barcelona

who will go through
Poll ended at 27 Apr 2009, 18:54
CHELSEA FC!!!  43%  (9 votes)
Barcelona  57%  (12 votes)

the ref made mistakes he should be blamed for . Just becuase chelsea missed their chances doenst mean they cant blame the ref . Let me say it again to you . they have every right to blame the ref even if they didnt score with their chances . The ref sent abidal off when he shouldnt, waved play on in barcelonas penalty box when there should of been a penalty . Shouldnt be blaming the ref ? i dont think so buddy . Your not going to get away with it that easy

truesocceroo wrote:
Cant believe all these Chelsea people thinking "we were robbed" and blaming the ref. The ref made some mistakes like they always do but the refereeing was equally hopeless when chelsea repeatedly fouled barcelona at the nou camp, none of them seem to be mentioning that now do they. Blaming referees is what children do, and at the end of the day after they settle down and stop crying, they will see that like in every single game, there are always other chances, drogbas for example where he couldnt finish, and that is why they are out, not because of the ref, but because they couldnt win it for themselves.

I dont think they played badly, and i wont even blame them for playing how they did, but all blaming the ref does is trying to overshadow what was a great win by barcelona. And btw there has been far worse refereeing performances then this, a few dodgy penalty calls is not a "controversy", it is all hype, nothing more, no one will care by the time the final is around.

I totally agree with you,Chelsea were not good as a team,they had like 40-60 possession in both legs and chelsiers call chelsea "a world class team".Can anybody tell me why the fuck they were defending all the time?why they were so afraid of Barcelona?why did not they push up despite having so called world class players like drogba and malouda e.t.c
?Barca also sufferred harsh decisions like the abidal's one but they did not cry like chelsea,instead they kept on going and maintained possession and ultimately it paid off.If chelsea were so good ,then why did not they beat a team from spain (which have not won anything for the past 2 years)who were without their star players like henry,puyol,marquez?do you have any answer?why the fuck chelsea players were keep on making harsh tackles on messi,iniesta,alves rather than creating an attack and scoring a goal?why they were hiding their football ineptness under the name of "physical game"?why a manager of hiddink's caliber failed to deploy an attacking systen in chelsea?why managers like mourinhio,grant and scolari failed ?why did not chelsea win a single cl trophy since abramovich's era began?(they did not win a single cl trophy in their entire history but that is another story).Well,good news for all Chelsiers,I have got the answer and that is because they were not good enough.
At the end of the day,I believe the better team won and they deserved to win it no matter what crybabies say.

soccer11 wrote:
I'll keep saying it until people start agreeing with me. Drogba is not that good anymore. In my opinion he is not a premier striker anymore and this should show why. He's not that fast anymore, he can't finish.
edit: I think my point is made. I can't take you seriously anymore if you still think Drogba is a premier striker. He just pissed away a chance my grandma could've made..

spot on ! those who think drogba and malouda are still good players should seriously stop watching football and should feel embarrassed rather than supporting these bullshits.Drogba got clear 5 goal scoring opportunities at his mercy over two legs and he did not manage to capitalize on a single occasion and you call him a "world class striker".Malouda was better than drogba but still shit,their was no creativity in his game,where were his beautiful crosses,shoots,step-overs,co-ordination e.t.c?All I saw was that these faggots were diving,making silly noises and tackling daniel alves illegally.Do not consider them premier players if they score against young kids(Arsenal) and this drogba shit cost chelsea cl last year too.Had this fag not slapped vidic,the result would have been different.

Wanderer wrote:
Pique's pen was ball to hand. If that had counted, Bosingwa's handball from Messi's clip in the first half shud hav counted too.

what do Chelsiers have to say about this?

ronaldoR7 wrote:
I also heard in this video that uefa didnt want a 2nd english team in the final ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAW1Q1kU58I
Chelsea vs barcelona conspiracy

I admire their creativity but still there is a long way to go.

After Chelsea's 1-1 draw with Barcelona, Chelsea fans are placing the blame squarely on the shoulders of the referee.
".. oh we had 4 penalties turned down..."
".. why was there so much extra time..."
".. Chelsea played so well tonight and deserved to go through..."

They seem to be looking through rose-tinted glasses as they have as much to complain about as Barcelona.

I'll start with the penalties.

Malouda's was NOT a penalty. First of all, the incident started outside the box, but even more importantly, watch replays of Malouda when he realizes he's in the box. Without any additional contact from Alves, he suddenly went to ground. Despite this, Chelsea managed to come away with a very dangerous free kick so there can be no complaints here.

Eto'o did not handle the ball for 2 reasons. First of all, the ball struck his lower shoulder. If you wish to argue that it wasn't his shoulder but his arm, then it still wasn't a penalty. Take a good look at the replay, and notice that the ball went to the arm, Eto'o did not move his arm to the ball. If a penalty was given here, it would have been a VERY harsh decision against Barca.

Now onto Pique's handball. As a fully qualified referee, I would not have given this as a penalty, due to the fact that there was no movement of the arm to the ball. It was a close call however, and opinion may differ between different referees so we can say that this was a 50/50 penalty.

Finally, Drogba. In my professional opinion, this was a penalty. There was clear pulling of the shirt inside the box and replays indicate that this was a definite penalty. If I was in the place of the referee, however, I am not 100% sure that I would have given this penalty due to the fact that it was Drogba going down. Watch the match again and see how many times the 6 foot athlete threw himself onto the ground and lay there instead of getting back up and fighting for the ball. This was not a one-off, however, as Drogba does this quite often.

Looking at these penalty decisions, I genuinely feel that Chelsea deserved one penalty, but giving them two would have required a lot of luck.

Now, go back to the Camp Nou and take a look at Bosingwa hauling Henry down as he was about to shoot. Have a look at where the referees were standing at both incidents (Drogba and Henry), and it is clear that the referee had a better view at the Camp Nou, but decided not to award the penalty. Chelsea fans arguing that Drogba was really unlucky not to get the penalty aren't seeing that Henry was EVEN UNLUCKIER. If this penalty had been given and scored at the Camp Nou, the tie would have been completely different. Chelsea may have pushed forward slightly to get an away goal, leaving themselves exposed to the Barca counter attack. If not, and the game finished 1-0, last nights game would have been a completely different story, with a single goal for Barcelona GAURANTEEING them a place in the final (taking away goals into account).

Finally, take a close look at Abidals red card. There was NO CONTACT. My bullshit commentator Francis something-or-other was trying to justify this saying that Abidal got in Anelkas way. ANELKA TRIPPED OVER HIS OWN TWO FEET. If he can't stay up that's his fault, nobody elses. At this point, Barcelona were 1-0 down with almost 30 mins left. Reducing them to 10 men made it even harder for them to search for the elusive equalizer.

If I have not convinced you after all of this that Chelsea would have been EXTREMELY LUCKY to get 2 penalties (although one would have been fair), while Barcelona were EXTREMELY UNLUCKY to have a penalty appeal denied at the Camp Nou, and to have Abidal sent off, then just take a look at the post match havoc.

Drogba's actions were inexcusable and I hope that he is heavily fined and suspended. While I am reffing, If a player uses this kind of language towards me, I caution him, no questions. Drobga, a role model to millions of youngsters worldwide directing this language to the camera with so many people watching is absolutely disgraceful. Ballack was not much better, if a player attempted to harass me in such a way, I would send him off straight away. While Lampard and Terry were not as bad, they are seen as leaders of the club - Terry is the captain of the ENGLISH NATIONAL TEAM and they should have sorted out their players instead of going up to the referee to complain.

Something I forgot to point out earlier is that Chelsea deserved more yellow cards in the first leg. If the referee at the Camp Nou had shown an early yellow and taken hold of the game, one of two things would have happened. Either Chelsea would have collected a large number of yellow cards, diminishing their physicality of their play last night, or, Barcelona would have had more room at Camp Nou which would have given them an even greater chance of scoring a goal.

Chelsea have nobody to blame but themselves. Drogba was angry that he missed 2 sitters (Ive seen over 15 div 7's put away chances more difficult than those), in addition to him being past it (the only thing eh did was get a few flick-ons and flop around on the ground). If Chelsea had adopted a more attacking philosophy over both legs then Im sure they would have scored at least one more goal. Instead, they decided to sit back (although this was a more offensive style of defence than last week), and the gamble didn't pay off.

The very last point I want to make is that Barcelona would not have had 4 minutes of extra time in which to score if Drogba hadn't feigned injury. He seemed pretty fit as he sprinted onto the pitch in his flip-flops to complain about the referee.

Anyways, I'm all ranted out, but I was just so angry that all British commentators, British pundits, and Chelsea fanboys have nothing more to say than "we should have been awarded 3 penalties". This statement is 100% incorrect and Barcelona fully deserved to go through as they were the better team over the two legs, while the luck of both teams came very close to equalling itself out.

Anyway, lets all look forward to an entertaining final.

Yehh good point by 2brown347.. Barcelona should be counting their stars because this game showed the world that they can be stopped. Before this game i was thinking that Barca would rip Chelsea apart, and then destroy United in the final, but i'm not so sure now..

Also i think Ballack probably deserved a red when he went off at the ref. If you search Danny Vukovic's sending off then you would probably see the similarities and how soft they are, but still red card offences.. i honestly thought he was going to attack the ref..

Anyway, bad luck to Chelsea.. this sort of thing happens, but i still have to say that Barca are still probably the better team.. I mean having 10 men and therefore forced to use players out of their normal position and STILL manage a draw.. thats something special.

no,its nothing special,losing 1 attacking player so he can fill in at left back its not really all that bad when ur barca,i dont care what u guys say,the ref was stupid and even if all the calls were called right and chelsea scored atleast 1 of their penalties we wouldve won,which shows that it affected us more
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

user1101 wrote:
If I have not convinced you after all of this that Chelsea would have been EXTREMELY LUCKY to get 2 penalties (although one would have been fair), while Barcelona were EXTREMELY UNLUCKY to have a penalty appeal denied at the Camp Nou, and to have Abidal sent off, then just take a look at the post match havoc.

You should be happy,I am convinced. :D

someone said the better team won,better team SHIT,did u see the game through a straw?

and the hand ball from ballack shot is sorta questionable,the defenders back was turned(from what i remember,i aint watch it over)...im not hearing anyone tlking bout when drogba got triped in box and then even took another clip and then fell,dat was another penalty incident,the thing that have me on these penalties,if he got it wrong once,ok,hes human,but out of like 5 penalty appeals,of which 2 or 3 were clear WTF,was he friggin paid,i will like to believe not,but i dnt kno man and everyone here knows that something has got to be wrong,probably under the influence of alcohol who knows,but i think this is crap and i hope they beat manu and beat em bad,manu are winning too much
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

tevezaholic wrote:
someone said the better team won,better team SHIT,did u see the game through a straw?

and the hand ball from ballack shot is sorta questionable,the defenders back was turned(from what i remember,i aint watch it over)...im not hearing anyone tlking bout when drogba got triped in box and then even took another clip and then fell,dat was another penalty incident,the thing that have me on these penalties,if he got it wrong once,ok,hes human,but out of like 5 penalty appeals,of which 2 or 3 were clear WTF,was he friggin paid,i will like to believe not,but i dnt kno man and everyone here knows that something has got to be wrong,probably under the influence of alcohol who knows,but i think this is crap and i hope they beat manu and beat em bad,manu are winning too much

Saying the ref was bad is one thing takling about match fixing is another. You might think Chelsea were the better team, but it doesnt mean shit now they lost, stop complaining, there is always next season and the FA cup.

soccer11 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:
God damn it, is anyone else sick of seeing Man Utd win everything??? It seems like they just can't lose and they never suffer any key injuries. It must be easy being a Man Utd fan these days. I just hope Barca wins so we can have a different winner this time.

no, it's not that we don't suffer key injuries. Quite the opposite. This season has been filled with more injuries than I can remember. c.ronaldo in the beginning of the year, Owen Hargreaves all season with a knee injury. Our defense was depleted for a while to the point were we needed to play Johnny Evans on a consistent basis. I'm sure there's some others that I can't remember but we do have key injuries. We're just able to get through them.

Yeah but you have all your players healthy when you really needed them. You had a full healthy squad for the match vs Arsenal in the semi-finals.

Man Utd go a man down at home, and proceed to concede another goal(Dossena 1-4).

Barca go a man down away, and proceed to dominate and score a goal.

this isnt lucky, this is purely tru hard work and skill. Barca had the belief, character, and the quality in them to keep possesion and attack. And when they lost the ball, 2 or 3 players wud press Chelsea players quickly, to take less pressure off the defence. Also, Barca shud get some praise for their technical skills and ability, in still havin majority of possesion despite goin a man down. Ppl put Barca down for only being able to keep the ball, but contrary to wat they think, its not easy. Man Utd cudn't do it when they went a man down at the OT, even with the great PFA player of the year there.

There are ppl who claim that Barca had all the possesion, but only one shot on target. Well, think of it as playing with smaller goals(coz it was, with Chelsea picnicking there), you have to pass it around patientlly untill you get a good chance, and finish it lethally. And thats what happened.

Here's a topic on smaller goals, and the opinions were exactly wat Barca was doing, so I dun see why ppl are now putting down Barca for only gettin one shot on target.
http://expertfootball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14364

For ppl claiming that the goal was lucky, Watch it closely, and pause it at the moment that Messi had the ball. You wud see that 3 defenders were around him right away, thus leaving Iniesta with time and space at the edge of the box. Thats not luck, that's tactical skill. Ya wud prob noe that one of the benefits of havin a good dribbler in your team, is that he drags defenders away, and creates space for others, and thats what happened. Hiddink decided to man mark Messi with 3 defenders truout 180 mins, and it was inevitable that other players wud hav more space. The space that Alves got truout both legs is testament to that, pity he was so wasteful. But Iniesta exploited the space he got perfectly.

Ppl claim that Messi is overrated. I agree that he din do much in the first leg, he often had the ball taken away from him. But in the second leg, he certainly played well. Despite having 3 defenders marking him constantly, he never lost the ball, and made space and created chances for his teammates with his close control. If it had been Zidane, evading 3 defenders and passing to the scorer, ppl wud be creaming themselves. And there was once in the second half where he had a breakaway, but was fouled by Alex.But lets not get into the wat ifs. Jz leave it to the final for him to show his ability.

When Barca went one man down, sure they complained, but they jz got on with it and accept shit happens(without doing the Ballack party dance). Chelsea cud learn a thing or two from that.

P.S. was it jz me or did Pep look like he hasn't lost his pace? He certainly ran faster then Berbatov

Croatianblood1 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:
God damn it, is anyone else sick of seeing Man Utd win everything??? It seems like they just can't lose and they never suffer any key injuries. It must be easy being a Man Utd fan these days. I just hope Barca wins so we can have a different winner this time.

no, it's not that we don't suffer key injuries. Quite the opposite. This season has been filled with more injuries than I can remember. c.ronaldo in the beginning of the year, Owen Hargreaves all season with a knee injury. Our defense was depleted for a while to the point were we needed to play Johnny Evans on a consistent basis. I'm sure there's some others that I can't remember but we do have key injuries. We're just able to get through them.

Yeah but you have all your players healthy when you really needed them. You had a full healthy squad for the match vs Arsenal in the semi-finals.

Think thats coz Utd hav the cash, leading to the squad depth. Sad how they buy their way to trophies but yeah.

Ballacks shot was not a pk, Chelsea deserved to win, some how i knew that miracle was gonna happen, WHAT HAPPENS TO MESSI? half of the time he just dissapears, Manchester United did diserve to on tuesday, they clearly dominated, and im sure that the title will go to Man u, not just cause im a fan, but because Chelsea showed us all their weaknesses, and had them crazy yesterday, the english style just destroys theirs

Wanderer wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:

Think thats coz Utd hav the cash, leading to the squad depth. Sad how they buy their way to trophies but yeah.

haha alright, buy our way to trophies. First, it's a business so everyone buys their talent. 2nd, you guys bought Thierry Henry for that reason, no?
you're very narrow minded. You think the world revolves around Barcelona.

Well thought out arguments wanderer and user1101.

Ofcourse Fawad000, I am definitely in 7th heaven. Finally football wins not the dirty "hey guys lets just park the bus in front of goal and call it tactical" football. Chelsea parked the bus like a relegation team and the goal was poetic justice..............but the real reason I am in 7th heaven was because considering our line-up, chelsea’s defending and the circumstances, i felt it was gonna be a bridge too far.

Anyways people, enough with the whining about the refs. If you want to blame someone, it will have to be drogba, to an extent john terry and essien, and ultimately hiddink........let me get to that later but first

About the penalty appeals:

1.Pique didnt move his hand at all suggesting he didnt handle the ball on purpose. The ball played the hand as someone had said earlier.

2.even if ballack's shot hit eto'o's arm, eto'o had turned around when ballack shot the ball. How can eto'o know where to place his arms with his back turned to the ball? Does he have eyes behind his head to know where his arm should go? No

3. Malouda's was just a pitiful dive from little contact........i thought epl played physical like that. What happened when alves tried to give malouda his own medicine?

4. Abidal's shirt tug on drogba was a definite penalty, however if drogba wasnt such a diving diva........the ref would not have thought "nah he is faking"..............i thought cronaldo was the worst diver and most pathetic diva..............no way.........drogba takes that crown for sure....cronaldo is nothing in comparison.

I dont understand why chelsea fans on this forum are whining about bad refree decisions?

You didnt see barca fans whining and complaining about Bosingwa's shirt tug on Henry inside the box.

Nor did we complain about chelsea tactic of "if you cant kick the ball, kick their legs, atleast kick something" with 20 fouls committed to our 7 and both teams receiving 2 yellow cards a piece. Fouls are given to punish the intention of cheating...........you guys made it a tactic to stop attacks. Very nice.

Also thanks to the ref and anelka, we now have a 36 year old brazillian covering cronaldo. SAF must be chewing a new piece of gum in excitement around now.

Sure the fans here had every right to complain because one of the yellow cards lost us our captain and only experienced centreback (not a good thing after we just lost marquez) but we didnt. So please show maturity on your part too.

Speaking of the yellow card on puyol. That messed everything up. We didnt have any experienced centre back when we got to stamford bridge, which leads to my thoughts on the game.

Let me start with the defence.

The back-line when we got there was:
Alves - Toure - Pique - Abidal

Someone see anything wrong in that? What is toure, a centre midfielder who attacked alot in the french league, changed into a holding midfielder in the spanish league.............doing in the centre of defence for the first time as a blaugrana?! In a champions leauge semi-final?! Against chelsea?! I knew Pep wanted his physical presence to match drogba but I feared that would be a risky gamble

Surely enough it was......lampard's shot deflected off of toure, who being a midfielder naturally turned his back to the ball, unlike a defender who would never turn away from the attacker........the ball landed near essien and he scored an amazingly brilliant goal........brilliant because it was his off foot and he was unbalanced......... amazingly brilliant because 9 times out of 10, that hits the cross bar or goes over.

Regardless, we really needed Toure in the midfield for his physical strength, size, control and vision. He makes xavi and iniesta's job a whole lot easier in the midfield. Why do you think those midgets were dominating the midfield in camp nou and not so much in stamford bridge?

Speaking of midfield:
Keita - Xavi - Busquets

Hahaha really?! Thats the midfield to face Ballack Lampard Essien in the champions league semi-final?! Thats not an attacking barcelona........busquets and keita are defensive midfielders.........whats worse? their touch and control is shit compared to the starting 11..........there was no way xavi was going to be able to boss possession with these two beside him.......over time xavi was taken out of the game...... we got dominated in midfield and found it very difficult to reach the goal. I think a few must have noticed we were having difficulty to even enter the opponent's half a times.

Henry wasnt playing because of a trick knee. His control and tecnhique would have helped us alot. Eto'o is an atheletic player with a powerful shot and great work-rate.........but he doesnt have the close control that describes Barcelona.

That just left Iniesta, Messi, xavi and dani alves in the attack who have good control. Alves couldnt always stay up to attack cause chelsea countered alot ( they almost never attacked, they just counter-attacked) so he had to run back.........that means the three midgets were the only ones with good technical ability to have close control near a good chelsea defence that parked the bus and denied any space for a pass or dribble.

At one point in the first half, I saw iniesta and messi playing a one two with each other in a really compressed space in midfield with three chelsea players surrounding them. They got the ball out of the mess and laid it off to xavi who switched it to eto'o on the left wing.....who messed up his footing....

After watching that I realized that Messi and Iniesta would be the only ones who can unlock this stern defence that is Chelsea........surely enough my prediction was right......but it took a long time and i had turned pessimistic by half time. Why pessimistic?

After scoring the goal chelsea just parked the bus in front of goal and turned into a very defensive team, hoofing the ball up for only malouda and drogba to attack................and lampard in the second half when drogba was subbed out. Chelsea defended very well and used that bus parking tactic perfectly. Every player was covering for each other. They were defending as a team. It was incredible to watch.

As a result, our attacks were slower and very cautious. No player wanted to take the wrong step and lose the ball near a group of chelsea players (I never saw a 1v1 for a barca player........it was always 1v3 atleast)
Seeing the slow approach, Chelsea began to play more physically. Then our players were very hesitant and not calm on the ball like usual, fearing a chelsea player will bump them from behind. I will admit it, Chelsea got to our heads and we soon began getting frustrated and giving them the taste of their own medicine with some physical fouls.

Eto'o was quiet cause he was totally isolated.

Messi was quiet in the first half because he never really received the ball, thanks to our shaky midfield.

In the second half, Messi began to get more invovled, making good passes and getting the best of terry, malouda, cole and alex a few times with his dribbles. However, it wasnt really much to be noted because his passes would connect but the receiving player would be stopped by the defence. He would dribble around defenders but would be hacked down before he would reach the box (err thanks alex and malouda)

Once again, Iniesta was the only attacker whose performance must be noted. He troubled the english defence all night, connecting passes and making his shifiting dribbles, earning about 6 or 7 fouls..messi earns praises but iniesta is clutch

man of the match goes to valdes for making those saves tho

Right when I began to feel an inkling of hope crawling back.............abidal recieived a red card for anelka tripping by himself. All was lost and whats worse, hiddink subbed out drogba for beletti. A defender for an attacker, clearly shows your intentions. Also it irked me how he was using a former barca player to spite us.

But nah this is barcelona, who just know how to attack and keep the ball on the ground and to themselves. Even free-kicks and corners were played short. The only fellow crossing the ball was Dani Alves as usual. We lost a player but the game didn’t look different. Luckily keita is defensive and a left footer so he filled in for Abidal well. He also stopped anelka from going through on goal too.

Near the 88th minute when I knew it was going to be chelsea-man u, I saw pep and hiddink, laughing around and cracking jokes. Pep prolly said "Good game homie, but have fun watching us play in rome" and Hiddink said "haha good one, look at the scoreline" and I was there all high saying to myself "damn I need some of that dope pep has".........the sheer confidence from the coach in the face of defeat really befuddled me.

Then came the greatest play I had seen, which involved individual brilliance and defensive mistakes for a complete balance.

Xavi releases alves down the wing, who crosses the ball in the box. Terry doesnt really clear it that well and the ball lands near eto'o. Eto'o doesnt have great control so when the ball went far away due to his heavy touch, Essien should have cleared it..........but no his clearence was weak and the ball rolled to messi's feet inside the box

That was the first time I saw messi with the ball inside the box......................I was like DAMN its useless, there are three defenders following him and two in front of goal. No way he can make that shot...........then he intelligently lays it off to an open iniesta and the ghostface killer pulls off a brilliant one time finish, similar to the goal that scholes scored in the previous semi-final....I was ecstatic!

Damn 93rd minute! Haha chelsea almost had it, but how was it lost?
I would blame Drogba because he didn’t finish the chances he had and wasted time being the worst diver and the most pathetic diva…

Terry and Essien should have done better to clear that ball. They almost had a perfect game but fortunately a slight mistake was enough for Barcelona.

Lastly, Its hiddink’s fault for sticking to the “park the bus” tactic that chelsea didn’t go through. If one of england’s best had opted for an attacking approach, they could have definitely beaten a team from an “inferior” division as you all claim, or atleast scored more goals against a team with a “crappy” defence.

I understand hiddink had to use that defensive tactic to stop Barcelona in the lion’s den that is camp nou…..but opting to stay on the back foot in front of your own crowd? That’s just unethical and stupid esepcially when the other team doesn’t even have its proper line up. If you are so confident of your qualities you could have seriously ripped the patchy defence and non-existant midfield apart.

But no, Hiddink needed his team to be more defensive, despite already having a really good defence..…were you scared of Barcelona’s attack even when they didn’t have their starting 11? Its funny and confusing.

Also the Belleti-Drogba substitute was a bad mistake. Drogba was really causing the defence troubles. He possibly could have capitalized on Barcelona missing an extra player and still pushing forward to attack, right? No instead he switched him for an attacking right-back. The difference is that belleti had to move up the field to get the ball and attack, whereas drogba would already be in the opponent’s half.

All hands on deck defending and playing for a 1-0 lead against a team that constantly attacks with the danger of the away goal rule............even a dimwit can tell you thats risky.

And don’t tell me Chelsea didn’t park the bus like a relegation team………….they had Ballack playing as a defender…….isnt he an attacking midfielder? The only attempt he had on goal was a volley at the end when Chelsea HAD to score.

Hell in the final 10 minutes, Pep just told Pique “hey they are not attacking much, why are you standing idle? go join the attack!”………………that’s right, we had a defender playing as a centre forward alongside bojan and messi to balance the number of chelsea players defending………….thats literally ridiculous!

In the end, despite being a man down, the team held off the counter attacks, showed a lot of determination with their never say die attitude, stayed true to their style, attacked till the last minute and scored in typical barcelona fashion. That is why I am obsessed with this team.

Forza Barca

Quote:
Barcelona got exposed like I said. If Spain is the best league in the world, why can Barca put up 6 goals against the best of Spain and only 1 goal in 2 games against the best of England. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Man U just shit all over Barca. So much for the "super dribbler" Messi.

:roll: once again I shall reiterate..............madrid attacked in their stadium cause the fans demand it..............chelsea parked the bus and counter attacked in their stadium because their fans dont care for quality football.............the tactics both used were the complete opposites.......and the scoreline was completely opposite

As I said way before the first leg. If chelsea attacks, there will be a lot of goals, if chelsea takes a defensive approach, there wont by many goals scored.

Its not like Barcelona got exposed.........we all knew Barcelona cant score as easily against a team that parks the bus......look at the score-lines in la liga. Espanyol took the same approach as chelsea did against us at camp nou and not only did we fail to score, we lost too....thats right the number top ranked team lost against the bottom ranked team....this shit aint no secret kid....

If youd like to make a proper comparison between spain's best and one of england's best, please refer to the el clasico at camp nou where madrid parked the bus and only relied on counter attacks just like chelsea. That game it took us till the final five minutes to score two goals...........one came from a corner, the other came from a counter attack because the madrid players had to leave their parking spot and attack the other end for a goal.......that game, valdes was the man of the match too.

Find me a team that can score 6 goals against a good team that parks the bus, without using crosses and tall players.

We claim we are one of the greatest, but only when teams come out to play football against us.

Wanderer wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:

And Barca didn't but all those superstars :roll: ..... Whatever wnderer you are very stubborn and I'll be laughfing my ass of when United butt rape Barca!!!! :lol:
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."