Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Eduardo the cheat

He didn't go down that quickly when Martin Taylor tackled him !!!

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

:x That was low

But i'm sure you don't care when it comes to an English player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FilSIGfCo

I have no time for any of this gayness.

Diving is wrong and is making the game very gay indeed.

Hopefully UEFA will ban Eduardo and any other players in future for this sort of crap.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Ah I saw this coming. It was a bad dive and I was disappointed when I saw it. Although he is my favorite player, I can't tolerate diving. Sorry Dudu but you cheated.

But there has to be consistency with the bans. If Eduardo gets banned then so should other divers. Captain Fruitastic shouldn't be allowed to flop around all day while Dudu gets the shaft.

ratherton wrote:
I have no time for any of this gayness

Diving is wrong and is making the game very gay indeed

Hopefully UEFA will ban Eduardo and any other players in future for this sort of crap

Same story, different season...

We might aswell face it, its a proffesional attribute now, players dive.
I'd love if all players were like Arshavin or Robbie Fowler for example and waved away penalties if they thought they was tackled fairly, well that type off fair play attitude generally, but no, there not... And UEFA and the FA won't ban anyone because they know themselves the level of consistency required is above their effort level

It could be easily fixed, reveiw suspect incidents after matches, dish out appropriate bans, but it seems noone in any position of power is arsed to make it reality instead of discussion

The problem is, in the mind of any blatant diver, they know exactly what they're out to do: win a penalty or kick in good position. If they're caught, they're caught. If not... They have what they wanted. They know they can't get away from the all seeing eyes of TV cameras these days, but they don't care. A measly fine and downgrading in the eyes of fans is secondary to improving your team's position/chances in an important match. They know that, and FIFA knows that. They'll dish out the fine, if only to look good, but they can't stop it. There always have been, and always will be divers. Even the best embellish now and then. I'm just thankful for the players who make it a personal responsibility to 'play beautifully'. That's real class money can't buy.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Rome_Leader wrote:
I'm just thankful for the players who make it a personal responsibility to 'play beautifully'. That's real class money can't buy.

Word man... Word

ratherton wrote:
He didn't go down that quickly when Martin Taylor tackled him !!!

haha that made me laugh.
What a cheat. I like Celtic so yea, this made me upset. You think after almost having his career come to an end he wouldn't be such a bitch. Guess not.

Why is eduardo now the only cheat? In this case there should be threads about Ronaldo the cheat, Rooney the cheat, Gerard the cheat, etc. It can't go one way if eduardo gets suspended then so should EVERYONE who dives. In Mexico they are now doing a system where if a dive or faking leads to directly helping the scoreline than that player will be suspended for one game.

That was such a blatant dive, wow no other words to explain that one.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

I've just seen it on youtube...that was such BS! he deserves the ban, that was an asshole move! And then he had the nerve to celebrate!!!! the son of a bitch!
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQas5XYM ... re=related

Start watching at 0:37 for a great view of when he pulls a ronaldo

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQas5XYM0sY&feature=related

i lol'd. btw how is he croat...he was born in rio and his name is Eduardo Alves da Silva.

dishy wrote:
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQas5XYM0sY&feature=related

i lol'd. btw how is he croat...he was born in rio and his name is Eduardo Alves da Silva.

He moved to Croatia and lived their long enough to gain citizenship, making him eligiable to play for Croatia. Not really that hard to figure out lol.

Yes he did dive... Umm. So does Ronaldo, Rooney, Gerrard, and pretty much 75% of other 'top class' attacking players. I agree that maybe he should be banned a game or two... so should anyone else that dives to earn a free kick or penatly that ends up as a goal scored. But I don't see why this certain dive deserves its own topic. Maybe I should make one for everytime I see a player dive to earn a penalty... Nah that would probably overload the server :lol:

Btw Arsenal were clearly the better side over the two legs... this wasn't a neck and neck tie...