Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Eduardo the cheat

yea Arsenal was going to advance anyways, I mean the goal wasn't the deciding factor of the two game series. was it a bad dive? yes, but the ref is the one that made the call...which was terrible on his part. Maybe a game suspension? ahh idk its over now.

Eduarovic has just been charged by UEFA. Hopefully, he'll get banned and UEFA, the FA etc will continute doing this.

God knows what would happen if they did this regularly in Portugal or Spain. They wouldn't have enough available players for a game after a couple of weeks.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

People should just get over it. YES Eduardo dived but so do most players in the top leagues in Europe. Watch an EPL game this weekend, chances are you'll see a dive, watch La Liga and you'll see a dive, watch Serie A and you'll see a dive too.. etc etc

People have to remember that 1.Eduardo never called for a penalty 2. Boruc got NO WHERE near the ball, he brought it upon himself 3. Eduardo had this small niggling injury called a broken leg that almost ruined his career and had only fully recovered a few weeks ago from it, would you have ran into Boruc, possibly aggravating the injury, if you were him? and 4. It didn't have a big impact on the game.. Arsenal were through anyway.

I don't see why people are making all this fuss for nothing.. there have been bigger dives e.g. Gilardino for Milan, Rooney vs Arsenal, Torres and Ronaldo (often). The only people being sour on here are United and Chelsea fans...

udinese20 wrote:
The only people being sour on here are United and Chelsea fans...

Well I wouldn't call ratherton a chealsa/united fan, more a passionate spectator :wink:

Oh and if the punishment for diving on the pitch is a yellow card, why is it a ban (aka a red card) off the pitch?

udinese20 wrote:
People should just get over it. YES Eduardo dived but so do most players in the top leagues in Europe. Watch an EPL game this weekend, chances are you'll see a dive, watch La Liga and you'll see a dive, watch Serie A and you'll see a dive too.. etc etc

People have to remember that 1.Eduardo never called for a penalty 2. Boruc got NO WHERE near the ball, he brought it upon himself 3. Eduardo had this small niggling injury called a broken leg that almost ruined his career and had only fully recovered a few weeks ago from it, would you have ran into Boruc, possibly aggravating the injury, if you were him? and 4. It didn't have a big impact on the game.. Arsenal were through anyway.

I don't see why people are making all this fuss for nothing.. there have been bigger dives e.g. Gilardino for Milan, Rooney vs Arsenal, Torres and Ronaldo (often). The only people being sour on here are United and Chelsea fans...

At first, I was nodding, but then, I face_palm'd.

Why is it that you think only Chelsea and United supporters have a problem with diving. Yeah, maybe it didn't have an effect on the game, but so what? Does that make it okay?

I find it pretty funny how whenever an incident like this happens, people play it down like "oh, it['s happened before" and "he's certainly not the worst". It doesn't matter if he's the worst. Simulating and trying to influence a decision is bad character and rule-breaking no matter how you slice it.

tbh, in the long run, it probably won't change my opinion of Eduardo himself, but at the time, it's a valid talking point. Maybe nothing can/will change with regard to diving, but that doesn't make it right or acceptable. People will get over it eventually, since it was meaningless, but it's not been a couple days. You have to understand people are going to keep talking about it.

I don't understand, NBP. Whaddya mean by 'off pitch' diving?

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Quote:
I don't understand, NBP. Whaddya mean by 'off pitch' diving?

As in... When they are caught swimming :o
(ok bad joke :( )

I meant how your caught for diving you get booked... Your not but its reveiwed (video evidence) afterward and apparently you deserve to get a more severe punishment since its only caught till after the game? (in theory)

Anyway its naughty regardless kids... Stay in school, don't do drugs and don't simluate injury on the sports feild

HAHAHA ;\

Ahh yes, that is a rather weird way of dealing with it. But there's not really much you can do. Bringing in instant replay would just be stupid. And if the diver is truly skilled, sometimes, the ref can never tell.

Wise words to live by.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Rome_Leader wrote:
Bringing in instant replay would just be stupid. And if the diver is truly skilled, sometimes, the ref can never tell.

*Cough* Edurado *Cough* *Cough*

Ronaldo is brutal at it then, he's almost always caught

I have a feeling Eduardo is being used a a scapegoat here. If he was a bigger name player like Gerrard or Drogba, then nothing would have happened. He deserved to be banned but I just want to see consistency in the future.

udinese20 wrote:

haha fail. You know he's been back for a while now right?

and yea, if there wasn't an impact to be made, then what was the point of diving? That just shows he's a cheat naturally.

And Croatian, I hate Gerrard and Drogba with a burning passion. I hate Gerrard because he's a hypocritical, cheating, bitch boy. And yea, I'm a United fan, but if everyone remembers correctly, I've always said how i hate c.ronaldo. Diving is not right, not matter what team you're on.

what a vagina dude, that was horrible, most of the time there is some kind of contact or touch, not even that in this case, WHAT A WOMAN!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5519726,00.html
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5520147,00.html

Just read these two

I have to side with Wenger, mainly as an arsenal fan (i won't lie :D ) but he has made his opinion clear and backed it up with solid logic
Where's UEFA's is contradictory and barely conceivable as their own opinion... I personally think this is more of a trial by media

When Sir. 94m dives again I hope this retarted fuss is kicked up again, just to show UEFA are keeping some consistency, instead of setting the tone when a less popular player angers the media mob

The sportsmanship showed by Eduardo is at a new low. Celtic, one of the worst teams away from home in europe. And he selfishly dived to get his name on the score sheet. People who even attempt defending this are just pathetic. If you've got an injury, jump out of the way, don't con the referee. Or better yet not play if you're not fit. I'm no Chelsea or united fan either ya cad

I don't really understand why this has rasied so much controversy....I think diving is wrong....but its now a part of the game....almost every player does it.

I don't understand why Ratherton attacks Eduardo when the entire English national team does the same thing....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

MUFC1994 wrote:
I don't really understand why this has rasied so much controversy....I think diving is wrong....but its now a part of the game....almost every player does it.

I don't understand why Ratherton attacks Eduardo when the entire English national team does the same thing....

i agree, it is very wrong, but it has happened so much and so often it is apart of the game, like Flagrant fouls in Basketball... it has happened so much and so often, yes people should be punished, but its apart of the game now

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07