Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Eduardo the cheat

mustahfa14 wrote:
yea Arsenal was going to advance anyways, I mean the goal wasn't the deciding factor of the two game series.
Thats precisely the point...which is why i'm so outraged, it wasn't even needed.
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

Jboogey wrote:
mustahfa14 wrote:
yea Arsenal was going to advance anyways, I mean the goal wasn't the deciding factor of the two game series.
Thats precisely the point...which is why i'm so outraged, it wasn't even needed.

I'm sorry, who do you have in your sig again?

Yes diving is pathetic, but you can't just scapegoat one player for doing it and then forget about others. I admire CR7's skills on the pitches, but I hate when he dives.

Okay well what's happened has happened but i just hope people remember Gilardino's dive where he was probably 1 metre away from the goalie then dived. His punishment? 1 yellow card.

Eduardo should've been punished within the game to the full extent of the rules (i.e. a yellow card) like so many players before him. Why is that a player who isn't known for simulation is being punished with a two game ban for his first instance?

I honestly won't care about the ban as long as players after him recieve the same punishment as him, not the usual yellow card... why just punish him? Also, doesn't anybody find it strange how UEFA contemplated banning Eduardo ONLY after the Scottish FA supported it and deemed it necessary? The exact same thing that happened to Saulius Mikoliunas who took a dive against Scotland at Hampden Park in September 2007.

P.S Didnt Ashley Young dive yesterday against Rapid Vienna for the penalty? Wonder why no big deal is being made about it..........

And to Soccer11: Yes his broken leg healed a while ago, but there have been alot of other injuries that have come with it and repeatedly kept him out of action, and if your bone had come out of your leg you'd want to be careful with it, no?

udinese20 wrote:
Okay well what's happened has happened but i just hope people remember Gilardino's dive where he was probably 1 metre away from the goalie then dived. His punishment? 1 yellow card.

Eduardo should've been punished within the game to the full extent of the rules (i.e. a yellow card) like so many players before him. Why is that a player who isn't known for simulation is being punished with a two game ban for his first instance?
I honestly won't care about the ban as long as players after him recieve the same punishment as him, not the usual yellow card... why just punish him? Also, doesn't anybody find it strange how UEFA contemplated banning Eduardo ONLY after the Scottish FA supported it and deemed it necessary? The exact same thing that happened to Saulius Mikoliunas who took a dive against Scotland at Hampden Park in September 2007.

P.S Didnt Ashley Young dive yesterday against Rapid Vienna for the penalty? Wonder why no big deal is being made about it..........

And to Soccer11: Yes his broken leg healed a while ago, but there have been alot of other injuries that have come with it and repeatedly kept him out of action, and if your bone had come out of your leg you'd want to be careful with it, no?

I think that he gets a ban because if he had been given the yellow in the game there would have been no penalty and no goal....but since his dive did not recieve a yellow and a penalty kick was given he decieved the ref and the dive impacted the game....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

I still don't understand why this incident in particular is such a big deal. Players dive all the time, it's a shame, but again I don't really think this dive should have its own heated topic for something like this. This wasn't a close tie, this wasn't a final...

If this is the case, everytime I spot a recognizable player dive this season, I'll be making a topic "x the cheat".

the thing is the penalty did change the game sure arsenal went to win 3-1 but don't you think the penalty really changed the mindset of celtic who then became down 3-0 on agg i would be a little worried at that point.

A few problems

-Edurado dived, got away with it, now he's getting punished... fair enough i'm glad uefa decided to start somewhere

-Is it a good idea deciding to change refereeing descisions after games?

-Where the fuck is the logic in stirring up such shit about a dive, then when ashley young does the same thing in lower level match the media don't even pick up on it

-Why give him more than the standard punishment of a yellow card? He dived, so he gets punished... He didn't dive and kick the referee in the balls, which would warrant a banning

-Ok so the goal influenced a game, so we sit and reveiw video evidence of the game then give him a banning... Bullshit, if you want to keep the game fair, introduce video replays into football, that will get the warranted yellow, and avoid the 'game changing' free kick/penalty

If anyone finds that illogical, really don't go posting abuse here

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE04TLs_sTE
Its always an outrage when it ain't one of your own

-Edurado dived... Build a bridge and get over it, someone on your team has done it, if you want to get it outta football you need to hold up consistency, very solid consistency

-Ashley young 2 days after Dudu? we'll see in the coming days were UEFA satisfying the media or beginning a revolution (which do you think :| )

-Do not think for a second we haven't all been on the reciving end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ttK_ThHXc

I'd hope Young's dive is reviewed and punished but I'm not holding my breath. It was a lower league match. The Celtic players made sure the media knew how mad they were that Eduardo dived and got away with it. This is why the media is all over it. Did we hear any complaints from the Aston Villa opponents?

You see stuff like this happen all the time. A few weeks ago in a lower league game, maybe the championship or something, a ref gave a penalty. After the game, from a replay, the ref publically said he shouldn't have given it. This is where the issue is. Giving punishment, or not, after the game because of video evidence.

I think one of the reasons people like the sport is its fluidness. We don't have replays and challenge calls like they do in the NFL. If we took the time to watch replays and challenge calls the game would be longer than it already is. Hell NFL games last about 4-5 hours with all the stoppages, not really due to replays though. The ref makes a call and whether you like it or not its his decision. There has been some talk about video, specifically to look at whether or not the ball crossed the line. I think some League Two teams tested it out a season ago.

Not that I want to bring in the replay for shit like diving, but even in the NFL, there's what's called a 'subjective call'. Unchallengeable, unreviewable plays that the referee's judgment must be trusted in (EX: Pass interference. Not a rule set in stone, but a rule that's left up to the official's interpretation of a guideline.)

I'm all for bringing in the replay like in rugby union for balls crossing the goal line and only that. Everything else is subjective, and must be trusted to the referee's judgment.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

NewBornProdigy wrote:

If the ref isn't allowed to go back on his call during a game why should they be allowed to afterwards
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

ofcourse no one cares about young's dive.

honestly, i think uefa is getting their knickers in a bunch because Arsenal qualified for the champions league, especially when the step towards qualification began with an illegal move. We all know how much platini loves the consistent recurrence of the top 4 in CL.... :roll:

MUFC1994 wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote:

If the ref isn't allowed to go back on his call during a game why should they be allowed to afterwards

Exactly my point, and exactly what they are doing

mrbeankid22 wrote:
Jboogey wrote:
mustahfa14 wrote:

I'm sorry, who do you have in your sig again?

Yes diving is pathetic, but you can't just scapegoat one player for doing it and then forget about others. I admire CR7's skills on the pitches, but I hate when he dives.
Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro. Ok great point, but maybe you should take another look at my sig. I'm 99.9% sure that my sig shows him leaving someone on their ass so unless he dived right after, it's potraying the same thing you just said you admire. Nowhere in my sig is Cristiano Ronaldo flopping around like a goldfish so that is irrelevant. I have never claimed that there was nothing wrong with him diving...
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

We should now make another topic entitled Eboue the cheat..... :lol:

How about Rooney the cheat for that penalty?