Champions League Knockout 1st Round Draw

UEFA Champions League

Moderator: Staff

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 15:39

Champions League Knockout 1st Round Draw

Postby ScottyBoy » 18 Dec 2009, 15:07

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Inter Milan v Chelsea

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Lyon v Real Madrid

Porto v Arsenal

AC Milan v Manchester United

First leg ties to be played February 16th/17th and 23rd/24th, second leg ties to be played March 9th/10th and 16th/17th.

Thoughts
Image

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3391
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Postby 2brown347 » 18 Dec 2009, 15:48

It's nice to see Chelsea and Man. U get slightly harder teams instead of a cake walk to the semi's I guess.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3928
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Postby panchester07 » 18 Dec 2009, 16:38

2brown347 wrote:It's nice to see Chelsea and Man. U get slightly harder teams instead of a cake walk to the semi's I guess.


man utd got inter last year in th16th.. and then porto in 8th best.. inter was by far best in italy, and porto is surprisingly playing very well... the easiest game of the 3 was actually in the semi final against arsenal whom we beat 1-3 in emirates

chelsea got some one and then liverpool whom they had the best match gainst 4-4.....


fuck..we got milan... im not confident in it, but I think we can pass with a 2-1 in manchester and a 1-1 in milan....... anything by a goal differential
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Fourstar
Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: 29 Jul 2006, 07:26
Contact:

Postby Fourstar » 18 Dec 2009, 17:22

Looks like Beckham is coming back to Old Trafford.

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3391
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Postby 2brown347 » 18 Dec 2009, 17:50

Ya but last year I considered Inter, Milan, and Porto easy wins. I think there is a chance Inter or Milan could pull off a win this year, however unlikely.

User avatar
soccer11
Admin
Posts: 5008
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Postby soccer11 » 18 Dec 2009, 23:53

pretty interesting story lines in this draw (which also makes me think that these things are fixed). There were stories on Sky Sports for the last couple of days saying how interesting it would be if Milan drew Manchester United and magically it happened. Maybe just a little odd . . .
I am happy though. I really look forward to seeing Beckham finish out his European career against Manchester (as i don't think Milan will overcome United and I also think this will be the last time Beckham goes back to Europe as I don't see him making a run at the upcoming Euros.) That'll definitely be fun.
The other really good story line is Inter taking on Chelsea. I think Inter will take this one because Mourinho will really have them up for it. Chelsea might be a better team overall but I think due to the intangibles, Inter can take this.
Image

User avatar
bsc
Veteran Member
Posts: 883
Joined: 31 Mar 2008, 16:54
Location: University of Delaware

Postby bsc » 19 Dec 2009, 01:51

looks like a bad year for the Milan clubs in the champions league in my opinion. But fiorentina could do well.

But i really think Bordeaux will push for a semi final spot.

The only upset that looks really possible is Porto to defeat Arsenal, but I'm really hoping we can get it together by the time we play them.
that would be a disaster.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3928
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Postby panchester07 » 19 Dec 2009, 03:09

Inter last year was very very good - top 5 of europe.. but man u was top 3.. if the two hadnt clashed so early they both would have made it easy to the semis imo...

Milan this year is also much better than last year.. and I kind of see a liverpool effect in them - play decent okay in the italian league and great in the Champs..

milan got better, but man u on the other hand decreased their level with the loss of their astro ronaldo... Man U can still play football very well but with ronaldo their, it was just a guaranteed goal or two in every match. and if not a decisive play, we dont count with that this year.. but he have very good players, and a well balanced team


people here are underestimating milan imo, pato is on fire, dinho is playing well, and they all play awesome in the champs...

on the other hand I doubt inter will be close to beating chelsea.. chelsea has better team, and have made it far in the champs in the last years, theres something about chelsea they have got pasion remember that 4-4 wow...... and the numerous barca chelsea classhes, that they all had last minute goals and many goals throughout the series

some keeper of the bundesliga i think it was stuttgart said an espectacuclar quote...

"theres teams that cant be beaten like Manchester United, chelesa, barcelona.. and then theres the rest that anything can happen'
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

adiman6
Senior Member
Posts: 126
Joined: 07 Dec 2009, 09:53

Postby adiman6 » 19 Dec 2009, 06:45

soccer11 wrote:pretty interesting story lines in this draw (which also makes me think that these things are fixed). There were stories on Sky Sports for the last couple of days saying how interesting it would be if Milan drew Manchester United and magically it happened. Maybe just a little odd . . .
I am happy though. I really look forward to seeing Beckham finish out his European career against Manchester (as i don't think Milan will overcome United and I also think this will be the last time Beckham goes back to Europe as I don't see him making a run at the upcoming Euros.) That'll definitely be fun.
The other really good story line is Inter taking on Chelsea. I think Inter will take this one because Mourinho will really have them up for it. Chelsea might be a better team overall but I think due to the intangibles, Inter can take this.


yea im pretty sus' about it aswell.
Shhh

User avatar
Evan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 00:41

Postby Evan » 03 Feb 2010, 23:06

Not to bring up a somewhat old topic but anyone care to make some predictions on who's going through to the next round with me?

Stuttgart v Barcelona- Barcelona

Olympiakos v Bordeaux- Bordeaux

Inter Milan v Chelsea- Inter

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina- Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla- CSKA Moscow

Lyon v Real Madrid- Psh, Real of course! :wink:

Porto v Arsenal- Porto

AC Milan v Manchester United- Milan
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Image

avipbn
Senior Member
Posts: 147
Joined: 31 Aug 2008, 01:47

Postby avipbn » 03 Feb 2010, 23:34

Personally as much as I love Inter, I'm leaning towards Chelsea on winning that. And I HOPE Arsenal can pull it together to beat Porto who do come strong in tournaments.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3928
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Postby panchester07 » 03 Feb 2010, 23:41

Stuttgart v Barcelona...... EL BARCAAA

Olympiakos v Bordeaux..... Bordeaux

Inter Milan v Chelsea ...... Chelsea, tie in Italy, comfortable win in UK

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina... Bayern munich walks over Fiore

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla.... Sevilla speaking clearly

Lyon v Real Madrid..... Madrid by 2 goals in aggretate

Porto v Arsenal ... arsenal by a small, tiny difference

AC Milan v Manchester United .. United :twisted:

I think the games are going to be March 10th right? they're going to be interesteing.. Getting closer to the final in Bernabeu, and the WC 2010
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Kasaki
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 05 Jan 2009, 04:55

Postby Kasaki » 03 Feb 2010, 23:47

Stuttgart v Barcelona- Stuttgart (u guys watch the bundesliga???)

Olympiakos v Bordeaux- Bordeaux (omg this team is amazing, my fav ligue 1 team)

Inter Milan v Chelsea- Inter (man united fan, and ancelloti isn't that great, plus inter always seem to win)

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina- Bayern Munich (currently in form, and a ribery return?)

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla- Sevilla (they are imprssive , without fabiano to)

Lyon v Real Madrid- .........lol (Ronaldo!!!) well real is the teams name

Porto v Arsenal- Porto (always show up)

AC Milan v Manchester United- GLORY GLORY MAN UTD !!!!
_________________

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2585
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Postby shahensha » 04 Feb 2010, 00:40

adiman6 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:pretty interesting story lines in this draw (which also makes me think that these things are fixed). There were stories on Sky Sports for the last couple of days saying how interesting it would be if Milan drew Manchester United and magically it happened. Maybe just a little odd . . .
I am happy though. I really look forward to seeing Beckham finish out his European career against Manchester (as i don't think Milan will overcome United and I also think this will be the last time Beckham goes back to Europe as I don't see him making a run at the upcoming Euros.) That'll definitely be fun.
The other really good story line is Inter taking on Chelsea. I think Inter will take this one because Mourinho will really have them up for it. Chelsea might be a better team overall but I think due to the intangibles, Inter can take this.


yea im pretty sus' about it aswell.


lol yeah, especially considering the group stages stirred some awkward reunions for players with Milan vs Madrid and Inter vs Barca
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3928
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Postby panchester07 » 13 Feb 2010, 14:11

Haha, Im so confident against Milan... I am watching the replay of the Milan - Udinese game, and Ferguson went to Milan to watch the game...

1 month ago, prior to the Vs Inter game, I was worried about Milans good form, and that Dinho was piling goals right and left...After they lost to Inter, they had a form decease, and Dinho hasn't scored since..

He did assist Huntelar against Udinese, but thats about it..

Watch out for Pato and Huntelaar but I think we got things undercontrol..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'


Return to “Champs League”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests