Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Knockout 1st Round Draw

@ Panchester

Yeah mate I understand what you're saying, we are doing much better this year than in the past 6. I misunderstood the past 6 yrs comment. I was pointing out that we haven't done well vs the higher up clubs this year, although we are doing better than we have in the past years.

Also, yes he did reject the offers, but Perez is an idiot. Marca destroys Higuain at every chance. Perez has apparently pressured Pellegrini to start Benzema over Higuain on multiple occasions. He loves Madrid, the fans love him, but Perez and Marca belittle him from what I hear. With the latest offer, Madrid were still trying to pay him less than Benzema earns, they are afraid that if Higuain starts to earn more, other players will want a raise. Higuain deserves more than 8.5 mil IMO, but Madrid's high council isn't the smartest when it comes to these matters.

Quote:
Also, I get upset when people say "if you truely expected Madrid to win with ease then you are a fucktard" because they are ignoring the fact that Madrid IS dominating in Spain

You apparently misunderstood then. I said if you expected them to walk through the Champions League then you are a fucktard. Fucktard is a funnily harsh word, so I apologize for that. BUT, I stand by that statement. Regardless of their form in Spain, I did not expect them to walk through the UCL. That's what I said, and I stand by it.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Quote:
Croatian said he didn't expect Real Madrid to make it through, because they didn't make it through the previous 5 Champions League...

Croatianblood1 wrote:
I don't think anyone should really expect Real Madrid to get far in the Champs League based on previous years. They always get through the group stages and then shit the bed in the first round. This team lacks chemistry.

I mean when you are in the Champs League, you are playing the best teams in Europe, not some shit 3rd rate teams. Real Madrid lacks the team chemistry that true champions have. They may have enough talent on the team that they can win La Liga but talent won't help you win against the top teams in Europe. Until they have a solid squad that has played together for a few years, I will never expect Real Madrid to go far.

by the sound of that, it sounds like he thought they haven't gone through in past years and this year because of said chemistry.

soccer11 wrote:
Quote:
Croatian said he didn't expect Real Madrid to make it through, because they didn't make it through the previous 5 Champions League...

Croatianblood1 wrote:
I don't think anyone should really expect Real Madrid to get far in the Champs League based on previous years. They always get through the group stages and then shit the bed in the first round. This team lacks chemistry.

I mean when you are in the Champs League, you are playing the best teams in Europe, not some shit 3rd rate teams. Real Madrid lacks the team chemistry that true champions have. They may have enough talent on the team that they can win La Liga but talent won't help you win against the top teams in Europe. Until they have a solid squad that has played together for a few years, I will never expect Real Madrid to go far.

by the sound of that, it sounds like he thought they haven't gone through in past years and this year because of said chemistry.

Whatever he thought, I think he's suggesting RM is the same as of previous year.. No, previous Real Madrid have lost and gotten eliminated well deserved.. Previous Real Madrid's have gotten eliminated because they played in the Champions League, the same way they play in Spain, which was shyte... This Madrid is playing fantastically in Spain, and do have lots more chemistry than previous years no doubt about it, again look at the results and statistics if you don't believe me, if Real Madrid could have played the same way they do in Spain against Lyon, lyon would have had 4 up their anus no doubt.... This Madrid lost because they played 1 bad game (at lyon) and one decent game (at Madrid).. The truth is Madrid has lots of Chemistry, just forgot them against the french side..

Or, if you don't wanna agree with me, you can just say they won all the matches in Spain, and outnumber Barca in goals, and tie them in point, just out of pure luck and individualism which is HIGHLY unlikely..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Alright where to start. As a Man Utd. fan that game was amazing last night. Shows that even with the ownership problems we can still win and dominate a game. I wish Beckham would have started since he is a legend and I still think he has the ability to play with the best teams in Europe; enough with the MLS stuff and get your career back to where it was.

As a Lyon fan, I thought comming into these season we would be lost on the European stage and in League 1. Apparently I was wrong about the Europe part. We did get lucky a few times but we should of won that game 2-1.... missed wide left late in the game.

I feel bad for Real since they have some class players. Now rumors have it that Pellegrini is going to be gone at the end of the season. Perez is trying to get Mourinho as the next coach. As for players leaving, Kaka might be out according to this article...

"After last night's Champions League match, voices want Real Madrid's star, Kakà, not sure to remain with the Blancos also next year. In an interview with AS, former Real Madrid's chairman, Ramon Calderon, declared that Kakà could even leave at the end of the season because of his often injuries, and Kakà's responsible for the comunication, Diogo Kotscho, attacked coach Pellegrini for the Brazilian star last night's substitution."

Real's shopping list this off season is mentioned in this article...

"According to Spanish media, Real Madrid is already thinking about next summer's market. On Florentino Perez list are four names: Franck Ribery, David Villa, Maicon and Patrice Evra. Bayern Munchen's French star is already in talks, while Valencia's star will be more difficult to reach. The two other names are Inter Milan's Brazilian winger Maicon and Manchester United's French winger Patrice Evra."

Wilson Palacios is also being tracked by Real.
Sorry for all the transfers stuff, the quarter finals are gonna be pretty intense.
Ronaldo impersinating Arsen Wenger

Rooney thinking: should I laugh or should I punch him?

Dude if Spanish press was right 50% of the Time, Bradd Pitt, Tom Hanks, Batman, and Beyonce would be playing in Real Madrid.... You just get used to it.. hahaah

My opinion, Pelligrini stays (atleast) till the end of the Season, Madrid will win the season..

Kaka will stay as well, the team will stay pretty much the same, with maybe a few releases Drenthe maybe, and a few players coming in, but not to expensive around 20-30 mill dollar players.

I know Real have been playing well in La Liga and they played very well, even amazing, in the first half against Lyon. Like I said, they had the ball what seemed like 75% of the time. Lyon never controlled it. Then adversity came in the second half and they crumbled. In my opinion, crumbling under that kind of adversity comes from not having chemistry.
Skillwise, they seem in tune with each other. They are all great players playing great football. I think the problem is that mentally they're not one unit yet. Every team I've ever been on that wasn't close mentally has crumbled when we came across adversity, which seems like what happened. It seemed like mentally they weren't prepared to deal with that, especially after how easy they had it in the first half. Lyon scored and then all of a sudden you had a team of individuals trying to beat Lyon it seemed.
It's easy to play great and as a cohesively group when things are going your way. The true measure of a team is how they respond to adversity and as we saw last night, Real failed.

Did anyone watch the game or are you all speculating on Madrids reasons for failure??

Does anyone want to give their opinions such as Lyons tactical changes at half time, or Pellegrini's being found lacking when it came to adapting to the change in the game. Perhaps you may want to talk about the lack of depth in the Madrid squad?

Your choice, just spare me the chemistry bullshit.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

soccer11 wrote:
I know Real have been playing well in La Liga and they played very well, even amazing, in the first half against Lyon. Like I said, they had the ball what seemed like 75% of the time. Lyon never controlled it. Then adversity came in the second half and they crumbled. In my opinion, crumbling under that kind of adversity comes from not having chemistry.
Skillwise, they seem in tune with each other. They are all great players playing great football. I think the problem is that mentally they're not one unit yet. Every team I've ever been on that wasn't close mentally has crumbled when we came across adversity, which seems like what happened. It seemed like mentally they weren't prepared to deal with that, especially after how easy they had it in the first half. Lyon scored and then all of a sudden you had a team of individuals trying to beat Lyon it seemed.
It's easy to play great and as a cohesively group when things are going your way. The true measure of a team is how they respond to adversity and as we saw last night, Real failed.

Could be....

Shifting the topic a bit, who won better, Man U, winning both in Milan, and In Manchester, and scoring 7 goals against the second best team in European History, and second place in Italy...

Or, Arsenal, that scored 6 goals, and is playing beautifully, well timed football, without fabregas, and came back from a 2-1 aggregate?

My opinion (maybe biased) is Man U, cause they showed superiority both games, and in my opinion there goals where more than just luck (atleast 2 goals Arsenal scored were lucky)... They managed the game beautifully, and made Milan look shyte......

What do you guys tink?

mine's probably biased too but I think Manchester United. We dominated both matches I feel (minus the first and last 15 minutes of the first leg) while after the first leg, we were talking about Arsenal possibly getting knocked out.
I also feel that Milan are a little bit better than Porto so to do that to the 2nd place Serie A team is very impressive, not to take anything away from Arsenal of course. They played great too.

I did have to laugh a little about what you said about lucky goals though, thinking back to Scholes' wonderstrike of a goal :lol: even so, I know what you mean and I agree.

soccer11 wrote:
mine's probably biased too but I think Manchester United. We dominated both matches I feel (minus the first and last 15 minutes of the first leg) while after the first leg, we were talking about Arsenal possibly getting knocked out.
I also feel that Milan are a little bit better than Porto so to do that to the 2nd place Serie A team is very impressive, not to take anything away from Arsenal of course. They played great too.

I did have to laugh a little about what you said about lucky goals though, thinking back to Scholes' wonderstrike of a goal :lol: even so, I know what you mean and I agree.

That one was part of the plan :D:D.....

yeah I feel ya, pff Bendtners first goal was a blooper, then the second one was pretty dumb and awfull marking... The rest are debatable, but yeah Arsenal played well, if Arsenal and Man U meet each other in the next round, I'm confident the Red Devils will win.. Arsenal always seems to crumble against us in the last years...

Nani's ball to Rooney was money. Outside of the foot in stride with perfect pace. Nani and Valencia have really filled the void left by Ronaldo in many ways. Not completly but still its amazing to see United in such good form. I think Rooney can match Ronaldo's 40 goal season if he continues at this pace.
Ronaldo impersinating Arsen Wenger

Rooney thinking: should I laugh or should I punch him?

jessclark92 wrote:
Nani's ball to Rooney was money. Outside of the foot in stride with perfect pace. Nani and Valencia have really filled the void left by Ronaldo in many ways. Not completly but still its amazing to see United in such good form. I think Rooney can match Ronaldo's 40 goal season if he continues at this pace.

There have been a number of games this season that Man U have scraped though 1 or 2-0 this season, watching them do you never get the feeling "if ronaldo was playing it would be 4 or 5?" I do.

Rooneys been brilliant this season. I believe Sir Alex has said that Rooney can match Ronaldos goal tally, I think he needs 13 goals in his next 14 games (assuming he plays every game including a champions league final.

Im also going to make a controversial claim that Kaka will be playing in Manchester next season.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Quote:
Franck Ribery, David Villa, Maicon and Patrice Evra

Ffs Ribery and Villa? Get Negredo back, and get Jesus Navas or David Silva instead of Ribery. Maicon and Evra, that is so unlikely ffs they won't come. I would be ecstatic if they would, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Dude if Spanish press was right 50% of the Time, Bradd Pitt, Tom Hanks, Batman, and Beyonce would be playing in Real Madrid.... You just get used to it.. hahaah

:lol: true.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

ScottyBoy wrote:
Im also going to make a controversial claim that Kaka will be playing in Manchester next season.

We can hope. I don't think that's all that controversial though. I read a few publications that had Kaka going to United before the transfer window opened in the summer. United do need a good attacking center mid I feel because currently we have a bunch of defensive minded center mids. Sure we have Anderson but well, he's Anderson; Not exactly Kaka. Kaka going to United would make me moist :P :)

Edit: and I have to agree with Evan about it being unlikely that they get Evra. Evra has played the most games for United this season and aside from Rooney, you can argue he's been the most important player. It would take quite a bid for him to go there I feel.

And Maicon? Alright. Are you going to put Ramos in the middle then and lose what he brings to the attack? I doubt it. He's far too important to the attack.

How about Chiellini going to Real instead? Is the combo of Pepe and Albiol really the future? He can also play left back if needed. I think Real should target him if anyone this summer.

Quote:
And Maicon? Alright. Are you going to put Ramos in the middle then and lose what he brings to the attack? I doubt it. He's far too important to the attack.

Yeah that's what I'm feeling too. Ramos is great as a CB but if we have the options of Pepe coming back and possibly picking another high-quality CB up (such as Chiellini like S11 said), then I'd rather not pick up Maicon in the first place. When Madrid use the diamond style midfield, Ramos lets the RM drift inside a bit, often cases it's Lass who can drift inside and support Alonso. Ramos is then left the entire right flank to do as he pleases, which like you said, is very crucial to the attack.

Evra won't come.

I'd like to see us get a LB or a CB, and a cheap but high quality player such as Negredo, Mata, Navas, or Silva. Preferably Mata and Negredo since they were on the B team for a while.
Quote: